You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

He's a Burnley/Sheffield United/Luton level player.

He literally hides from the ball in midfield. He has got a decent strike on him but that's really all he offers. 

He's exactly the sort of player Everton will massively overpay for!   

Yeah, it's absolutely crazy to say he might be one of their best players. He is somewhat effective basically because of his size and because he is willing. 

He's a player that has a role and that has a certain value to a squad because of that, but if you put him at Everton where they would expect him to be a stalwart, it would probably not go well.

United have some really talented players, but they are not developed in an intelligent environment, so it's an almost impossible uphill climb for them to become world class.

Even Fernandes and Rashford, who go through periods of being really productive, they do that basically on their own.

• Upvote 2

According to Mail Online:

”It is also claimed that the Dutchman made his squad listen to the reception that greeted the champions from the away end - a stark comparison to the home faithful's reaction, or what was left of it.

Ten Hag, who has reportedly planned to give his players an extra day off if they won the derby, ripped into his team after the game, saying that they can 'never' play like his successful Ajax team.”

Is this really true?

My oh my. He’s trying to whip confidence into his team. And then making excuses for himself. Could you imagine Kloppo doing the same if going through a bad period?

Sad thing is Ten Hag looks like a ”dead man walking” – Prepare for a new ”Someone’s having a big laugh”-thread . If you’re a gambling man, next manager to be sacked looks to be certain bet.

2 hours ago, JustTosh said:

According to Mail Online:

”It is also claimed that the Dutchman made his squad listen to the reception that greeted the champions from the away end - a stark comparison to the home faithful's reaction, or what was left of it.

Ten Hag, who has reportedly planned to give his players an extra day off if they won the derby, ripped into his team after the game, saying that they can 'never' play like his successful Ajax team.”

Is this really true?

My oh my. He’s trying to whip confidence into his team. And then making excuses for himself. Could you imagine Kloppo doing the same if going through a bad period?

Sad thing is Ten Hag looks like a ”dead man walking” – Prepare for a new ”Someone’s having a big laugh”-thread . If you’re a gambling man, next manager to be sacked looks to be certain bet.

The never play like Ajax thing apparently came from a question last week when asked directly and he said something like it's a different place, with different players, so they'll never play the same. 

So, who next then, really?

De Zerbi before anyone else get in?

Zidane for the fucking lols?

Give Emery a shot at big league redemption?

Frank, maybe as an outside?

Get Oli back at the wheel?

Anybody ambitious enough probably isn’t stupid enough.

Anyone old, tired and looking for a pension is already in work and doesn’t need that on a CV.

They’re fucked until they put proper structures into n place with people who know what they’re doing, and fire half the squad into the fucking sun.

Terrible news, absolutely terrible.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The never play like Ajax thing apparently came from a question last week when asked directly and he said something like it's a different place, with different players, so they'll never play the same. 

How many ex-Ajax players and staff do they need before that excuse wears thin? It can’t be many more. 

• Haha 1

The thing about them is that a big portion of their fanbase are deluded and genuinely believe they are one or two signings away from being contenders. They contstantly make Hollywood signings like Schweinsteiger or Casemiro (two great players in their day) rather than trying to build something like what Jurgen does. They would probably look their noses up at signing Dom from Leipzig and yet he is now arguably the player of the year so far and destined imo to reach De Bruyne levels.

I remember the 70s and 80s, but I was never naive enough to think we would win a title outside of maybe three seasons over the thirty year drought. I always felt we had some brilliant players, but for one reason or another, we lacked what Ferguson, Wenger or Mourinho teams had in abundance. From the late 90s on it was penny pinching rather than the early 90s approach of breaking transfer records on shite that fucked us up. With them, they just spend spend spend on utter crap or very good players that become crap because the set up is all wrong.

I am convinced Jose could have got them to challenging us and City over the past few years if they were a bit more humble. He's a giant sized cunt but he's a winner and certainly back then he had the balls to manage a mega club. They despised him as a fan base, bought into the "he's toxic" shite coming from the players and he was sent on his merry way. Funny how alpha male footballers he managed at Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Real when he was elite seemed to love him and these rent for a night knobheads couldn't work under him.

Ten Haag seems an arsehole. A guy like him lacks the charisma that the great managers have. He'll never turn the tide. Hopefully they don't get someone like emery but again they would never give him time or have the patience to see what he could do.

The likes of Neville is a big problem and he doesn't seem to have the insight to realise it.  

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, Code said:

I had a look at their upcoming fixtures.

They are up against some dross in November so should be able to get some points onboard just to keep Ten Haag.

December though will be another matter. 

IMG_9288.jpeg

I think the Blueshite could do a number on them. Dyche knows how to set up a side and that's something Ten Haag seems mediocre at doing. 

Like the Blueshite set up well at Anfield. We were poor, but credit to them, they played the right game goven the hihe gap in quality. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yea.

With all the talk about the players being aging mercenaries - the managers they've chosen are in the same boat.

Maybe barring Moyes not a single one of them would ever consider United their "top" club - for alot it is not even third.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The thing about them is that a big portion of their fanbase are deluded and genuinely believe they are one or two signings away from being contenders. They contstantly make Hollywood signings like Schweinsteiger or Casemiro (two great players in their day) rather than trying to build something like what Jurgen does. They would probably look their noses up at signing Dom from Leipzig and yet he is now arguably the player of the year so far and destined imo to reach De Bruyne levels.

I remember the 70s and 80s, but I was never naive enough to think we would win a title outside of maybe three seasons over the thirty year drought. I always felt we had some brilliant players, but for one reason or another, we lacked what Ferguson, Wenger or Mourinho teams had in abundance. From the late 90s on it was penny pinching rather than the early 90s approach of breaking transfer records on shite that fucked us up. With them, they just spend spend spend on utter crap or very good players that become crap because the set up is all wrong.

I am convinced Jose could have got them to challenging us and City over the past few years if they were a bit more humble. He's a giant sized cunt but he's a winner and certainly back then he had the balls to manage a mega club. They despised him as a fan base, bought into the "he's toxic" shite coming from the players and he was sent on his merry way. Funny how alpha male footballers he managed at Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Real when he was elite seemed to love him and these rent for a night knobheads couldn't work under him.

Ten Haag seems an arsehole. A guy like him lacks the charisma that the great managers have. He'll never turn the tide. Hopefully they don't get someone like emery but again they would never give him time or have the patience to see what he could do.

The likes of Neville is a big problem and he doesn't seem to have the insight to realise it.  

Great post. 95% of it I agree with.

Mourinho was a busted flush by that stage, football had and has passed him by big time. He bought loads of average players and his teams played crap football. They barely played anyone of note in that Europa League campaing, and were a Celto Vigo sitter away from being knocked out  

• Upvote 2

Anyone old, tired and looking for a pension is already in work and doesn’t need that on a CV.

They’re fucked until they put proper structures into n place with people who know what they’re doing, and fire half the squad into the fucking sun.

I think sadly there will always be a queue of managers willing (maybe desperate) to go there. Just like we managed to get klopp despite where we were when Rodgers left. 

Conte, would that be too much to ask?

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Apparently they have lost more games at OT in the 10 years since Ferguson left than they did during his 26 year tenure.

I think it's one of those, football began in 1992, stats actually. They have lost more games at home since the start of 2013/14, than they did prior to that, in the Premier League.

They finished bottom half/midtable a few times under Ferguson from 86-92. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Em City said:

Great post. 95% of it I agree with.

Mourinho was a busted flush by that stage, football had and has passed him by big time. He bought loads of average players and his teams played crap football. They barely played anyone of note in that Europa League campaing, and were a Celto Vigo sitter away from being knocked out  

Perhaps Em lad you could be right. The time for Mourinho to go there was 2013.

Having said that, even if Mourinho was in decline, he was still an incredible manager who had won it all. Imagine going from him to Ole. The equivalent of us going from Jurgen to Jamie Carragher.

47 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Perhaps Em lad you could be right. The time for Mourinho to go there was 2013.

Having said that, even if Mourinho was in decline, he was still an incredible manager who had won it all. Imagine going from him to Ole. The equivalent of us going from Jurgen to Jamie Carragher.

Have to disagree upon the part about Mourinho still being an incredrible manager at that time.

He was way past his best and only survived as long as he did because of his reputation. He didnt get acceptable results concidering the resources at his disposal, and he left the club and the squad in a bad condition. I think he did a poor job there, and former achievements can’t hide that,

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Have to disagree upon the part about Mourinho still being an incredrible manager at that time.

He was way past his best and only survived as long as he did because of his reputation. He didnt get acceptable results concidering the resources at his disposal, and he left the club and the squad in a bad condition. I think he did a poor job there, and former achievements can’t hide that,

He's probably still been their best post Ferguson manager. 

• Upvote 2