You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

I'm sick of pundits like Carragher and Neville saying that United don't have an identity and style of play. Its just something to say to sound clever. 

They do have a style of play. It is called counter press. They are actually quite good at parts of it - they win the ball back high up the pitch quite a bit actually.

The problem is they don't make much of counter pressing situations, partly due to a bad transfer policy and partly due to the inevitable collection of wastrels and layabouts that any incoming united manger seems to have to deal with and can't get rid of. 

Say what you like about Ten Hag, and I do, but its not true that he doesn't have a philosophy that he's trying to implement. That is just lazy "analysis". 

2 hours ago, Code said:

Honestly, would any of these players get into our team?

Id have Fernandez on the bench, thats about it. 

IMG_9272.jpeg

Hjolund, as back up to Nunez (he looks good to be fair).

Onana as well, he can be hired out for children's parties.

• Haha 5

Am I the only one wondering what the noise about the Glazers is? They've spent a fortune on players, what more do their idiot supporters want from them? United fans seem to think that if the Glazers go and their debts are cleared, they'll be free to spend crazy money on new players every summer.

But they spend crazy money every year anyway so what more are they asking for? Why do they even want to spend like lunatics? No club operates like that, even those with unlimited money like City.

The Glazers also hire managers their fans actively demand like Ten Hag and Mourinho. Still those cretins complain.

United fans need to accept the reality of their club - it has always been a shite club except on two occasions when Busby and Ferguson were there. Doesn't matter who the owners are or how much they spend, they will remain shite unless they luck out again and find a special manager to bring them success.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

I clocked that as well.

Get on Brexitman in the blue top above Haaland's fist. "We WaNt ArE CuNtReE bAcK fRoM tRaYtAz!!!"

I thought that was Sloth from the Goonies. 

9 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Hahahahaha

"I love you, Ferguson!!! HUUURRRRGGGGHHHHHH!"

I presume this was after his second goal too, given the orcs are all showing him they can count with their fingers. 

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I'm sick of pundits like Carragher and Neville saying that United don't have an identity and style of play. Its just something to say to sound clever. 

They do have a style of play. It is called counter press. They are actually quite good at parts of it - they win the ball back high up the pitch quite a bit actually.

The problem is they don't make much of counter pressing situations, partly due to a bad transfer policy and partly due to the inevitable collection of wastrels and layabouts that any incoming united manger seems to have to deal with and can't get rid of. 

Say what you like about Ten Hag, and I do, but its not true that he doesn't have a philosophy that he's trying to implement. That is just lazy "analysis". 

I don't know if it's lazyness. They just don't want to state the obvious that everyone can see, because it doesn't fill as many hours of TV. Saying it's a systematic failure fills more hours of TV than saying a player is just shit. 

The simple answer, which would fill about 15 seconds of TV is...

1. Their players are not very good. 

2. Having a recruitment policy of finding footballers who've worked with seven hag reduces the talent pool available to them

3. A failure at scouting, data and research which is so bad, point 2 is a more viable recruitment strategy than anything the club can propose. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Ten Hag has spent £410.3m on players. That's excluding any wages for the players bought or those like Erikssen he got on a free or on loan. And they're moaning about their owners and money. 

The Glazers are an easy target for them though.  Take the Glazers out of the equation and everything will be fine by all accounts. 
As I said further up the thread (possibly over the page) they're in serious shit on & off the pitchm Glazers or not.
They really need a reset mentally as a fanbase (hmmmm that reminds of another fanbase in the NW) and accept their place, looking to make changes for the better (for them).  Given they have petulant support stuck on the mantra of "We're Man United" they're (hopefully) fucked for a long time yet. 

17 hours ago, Pete said:

He’s not been allowed to sign the right players.  Needs more time.

Brought Mount on for Amrabat - hard to say which was worse - either players performance or the substitution itself.

That said Amrabat is a really poor player. To think there were posters who needed a "6" so bad he was near top of the list.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Brought Mount on for Amrabat - hard to say which was worse - either players performance or the substitution itself.

That said Amrabat is a really poor player. To think there were posters who needed a "6" so bad he was near top of the list.

I'm starting to wonder if the mancs get played a lot by agents.

Both Sancho and Amrabat seemed to get linked with everyone before both ending up there. Maybe they're just suckers and don't do their homework. We should send Thiago over there.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't know if it's lazyness. They just don't want to state the obvious that everyone can see, because it doesn't fill as many hours of TV. Saying it's a systematic failure fills more hours of TV than saying a player is just shit. 

The simple answer, which would fill about 15 seconds of TV is...

1. Their players are not very good. 

2. Having a recruitment policy of finding footballers who've worked with seven hag reduces the talent pool available to them

3. A failure at scouting, data and research which is so bad, point 2 is a more viable recruitment strategy than anything the club can propose. 

4. They like to bring in players that are big on Instagram, irregardless of how they will fit in to the team. See Pogba and Ronaldo as examples.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Lost 5 of 10 league games....

Their 5 wins all scraped by the odd goal against the dross mostly - only Brentford are half decent out of this lot.

1-0 v Wolves
3-2 v Forest
1-0 v Burnley
2-1 v Sheff Utd
2-1 v Brentford

These have 7 golas in 10 games. Reside in a space somewhere far beyond dross.

They are generally clueless on the football side of things, everyone knows this, but their issues right now are pretty much specifically ten Hag's fault.

The style of play is awful, if you even want to say there is one. He clearly had power in terms of signings and he's done a bunch there that are bad. He's generally unsympathetic. Uncharismatic. He picks fights with his players, there's been a bunch of conflicts there. 

He has been really, really bad.

• Upvote 1