You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Thanks for sharing that, it's really good.

Nunez is fucking boss and he's going to get even better. I couldn't be more sure of that which is why I've been so vociferous in fighting his corner. I think I'm going to be able to go into semi-retirement on that one though as people are coming around.

I'll still keep an eye on 3 stacks and co in here though when they need reigning in, but for the most part I'll be relying on Bjornebye to keep the dissenters in line.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The second goal, I absolutely agree, that is the sort of finish that has basically a random outcome and its something he does often that could be a reason for some of his misses. He just flings himself at the ball and that time it so happened to hit his leg in the right angle and go in. 

So when he concentrates on just making good contact and he hits the keeper, he should be steering the ball into the corner instead, and when he actually adjusts his body to steers the ball into the corner in somewhat of an unorthodox manner, that's just a random outcome that he gets no credit for. You don't hate him, you're just desperately trying to save face.

My retirement lasted all of 2 minutes, although I did say I'd be keeping an eye on you.

• Upvote 1

It's weird seeing those who were saying he didn't need to improve his end product and he could get by on 'vibes' trying to 'i told you so' those who were saying he can't just get by on 'vibes' and needs to improve his end product (and all round performances)

Been playing well last few games but we need to see it consistently (in all facets of his game), the peaks and troughs need to be shallower and more consistent from the high, highs to the low, lows. If only to protect the heart rates and mood of his most fervent followers from sounding down trodden trying to justify why he misses open goals from 8 yards to the heart pounding chest thumping highs when he knocks in his first goal in 15 or scores in 2 of the last 10 games.

Nice to see more opportunities for him to play a full 90 as well which he should get with Salah out.

Lets be honest, if he had missed the first one against Bournemouth he should just  have retired on the spot.

The second one came of his shin after he failed to make proper contact with the ball, in other words he was lucky.

I like Nunez, but after Dave decided to dedicate 3/4 of the last match report to him, we need some balance. 

2 hours ago, dave u said:

So when he concentrates on just making good contact and he hits the keeper, he should be steering the ball into the corner instead, and when he actually adjusts his body to steers the ball into the corner in somewhat of an unorthodox manner, that's just a random outcome that he gets no credit for. You don't hate him, you're just desperately trying to save face.

My retirement lasted all of 2 minutes, although I did say I'd be keeping an eye on you.

I have no idea what your first sentence means. I just said he was deliberate and in control on the first goal. Thats complimentary. 

The second goal, he dives at it and it hits his shin. Its cool it went in but the ball could have gone literally anywhere. 

Im not saving face, Im just saying what happened. I dont need to save face, I have been relatively objective about him this whole time, save a few jokey or frustrated comments here and there, but its hard speaking to people who are not objective, like yourself. 

Which is fine, you love the guy, youre allowed, thats what some supporters do. 

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The second goal, he dives at it and it hits his shin. Its cool it went in but the ball could have gone literally anywhere. 

That is demonstrably untrue.

'Literally anywhere' would include Neptune, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and that inter-dimensional black hole where socks disappear to.

• Upvote 1

I’ve never known a player boil so much piss between fans it’s glorious.

Moan when he doesn’t score and when he does it’s hit his shin, ohhhhh if he missed the first goal…. But he fucking never.

Seems like some on here want him to fail to prove a point which is utterly baffling.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

I’ve never known a player boil so much piss between fans it’s glorious.

Moan when he doesn’t score and when he does it’s hit his shin, ohhhhh if he missed the first goal…. But he fucking never.

Seems like some on here want him to fail to prove a point which is utterly baffling.

Yep, some of our fans are dickheads with the type of criticism they aim at Nunez. Utterly ridiculous shout from Code that "he should have retired on the spot if he missed the first one". As if it was a sitter. Even Salah his Messiah has missed easier chances than that 1st goal. Think I even saw someone here blaming the Bournemouth keeper for the first goal, saying most goalies would have kept it out.

In other words, it was nothing to do with Nunez's cool and accurate placement (which we were told he doesn't have in his locker because he just loves blasting every shot with no finesse).

10 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Yep, some of our fans are dickheads with the type of criticism they aim at Nunez. Utterly ridiculous shout from Code that "he should have retired on the spot if he missed the first one". As if it was a sitter. Even Salah his Messiah has missed easier chances than that 1st goal. Think I even saw someone here blaming the Bournemouth keeper for the first goal, saying most goalies would have kept it out.

In other words, it was nothing to do with Nunez's cool and accurate placement (which we were told he doesn't have in his locker because he just loves blasting every shot with no finesse).

I could have scored the first goal blindfolded with my legs tied, that's how easy it was. 

46 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I wonder if Dave loves Nunez more than Code loves Salah.

I don't really love any players, but I appreciate players with sublinenskill and quality. 

The more we have of them, the bigger chance do we have to actually win things. 

I like to win things.

4 hours ago, dave u said:

Thanks for sharing that, it's really good.

Nunez is fucking boss and he's going to get even better. I couldn't be more sure of that which is why I've been so vociferous in fighting his corner. I think I'm going to be able to go into semi-retirement on that one though as people are coming around.

I'll still keep an eye on 3 stacks and co in here though when they need reigning in, but for the most part I'll be relying on Bjornebye to keep the dissenters in line.

Like being savaged by a dead sheep.

Nonez is shite, begrudgers rule.