You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

BBC Panorama – The Champions League Final: What Went Wrong?

s.gif

BBC One - Monday 17 October - 20:00

Coming up next week: BBC One’s flagship current affairs programme Panorama will focus on events as they unfolded at the match. The programme will piece together a definitive picture of what happened, examine mistakes made by UEFA and the French authorities, and consider lessons which can be learned for fan safety in the future. For anybody who attended the Champions League final or who attends other sporting events, this is a must watch.

• Upvote 4

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40984601.html

Report on violence during Champions League final finds 'abject failings' by UEFA 

Report on violence during Champions League final finds 'abject failings' by UEFA 

Police stand in front of Liverpool fans during the UEFA Champions League Final at the Stade de France, Paris. 

MON, 17 OCT, 2022 - 02:00
ANN MURPHY

A new report into violent scenes in Paris at the European Champions League final in May has found that there were “abject failings” by UEFA, while there was aggressive policing before, during, and after the match.

The report, carried out by a five-member independent panel — including a Queen's University Belfast expert — and published today, said it was fortuitous that nobody was killed. But it said that thousands who travelled to watch the game between Liverpool and Real Madrid, including children, were left traumatised by scenes including tear-gassing by police, and robberies carried out at knife-point by local gangs as fans were leaving the game.

The new report,  “Treated with Contempt": An Independent Panel Report into Fans' Experiences Before, During and After the 2022 Champions League Final in Paris, contains more than 50 findings relating to pre-match preparation by UEFA and the Paris agencies; policing; crowd safety and event management; fans’ experiences; and UEFA’s role and responsibilities.

Eyewitness accounts

The report is based on the written evidence of 485 women, men and children, along with eyewitness accounts from international journalists.

Among the findings was that it was re-traumatising for survivors of the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, which led to the deaths of 97 people during an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

Among those on the panel was Professor Emeritus Phil Scraton from the School of Law at Queen’s University Belfast, who conducted a report into the Hillsborough disaster. He also co-authored the ‘Left Out In The Cold’ report, published by the Irish Council for Civil Liberties in 2021, which called for reform of the Irish coronial system.

Professor Scraton said: “It is difficult to comprehend the sequence of events that constituted the debacle in Paris, leaving so many people physically injured, psychologically harmed and financially compromised. 

Having paid inflated prices for travel, accommodation and attendance, men, women and children were subjected to unprovoked, indiscriminate police violence including tear gas and baton assaults, together with robbery at knife-point by local gangs

"Many left before the match, those who stayed were subjected to further attacks by riot police and gangs on leaving the stadium and arriving at local stations.” 

He added: “Responsibility for the collapse in authority, management, and safety, lies with those organising and administering the event.” 

Dr Deena Haydon, another member of the panel, said that the experiences of fans before, during, and after the game was “an indictment of all authorities involved: UEFA; the Paris police; local and central government; and the stadium owners”.

She added: “These stark and painful testimonies, particularly those concerning children, families, the elderly and those with disabilities, reveal the cumulative, long-lasting impact on them individually and collectively. For those fans who survived the 1989 Hillsborough disaster and all that followed, Paris was retraumatising.” 

'Unprovoked tear-gassing'

The start of the game between Liverpool and Real Madrid at the Stade de France on May 28 was delayed by 36 minutes amid safety concerns at the stadium.

The report said that fans were held for several hours in a “bottleneck” close to the stadium and again at queues at “malfunctioning turnstiles”, adding that “fans were subjected to unprovoked tear-gassing by the paramilitary police”.

It said that many fans who had paid “significant amounts of money for match tickets, travel and accommodation” did not enter the stadium.

Brought back a lot of memories of that day in Paris. It really had the potential to be haunting. I will forever proclaim that the only reason lives weren't lost on the 2022 CL final was because Liverpool were the finalists. Any other set of fans would have caused a stampede and crush out of sheer panic. When we were penned in under the over-pass, all of the fans were constantly telling each other not to push or panic, and I think that some of that is learned behavior due to our relationship with Hillsborough. 

That whole day just felt weird. Pure elation, joy and community at the fan park, it felt like a lot of the fanbase forgot there was a final to be played. Pure terror getting to the match. And then a weird fucking final, where it felt like nothing happened, we dominated and then walked away losers. It felt like we weren't invited to the party in the first place, and then we finally got in, watched our bird neck on with some other fella before fucking off home.

All jokes aside, Liverpool football club need to make an example out of UEFA, the french police and the stad de france for the good of all football fans. Because next time things could be a lot worse. I was heartbroken we lost that day, but I was too distracted from the shock of what happened around it to even register that feeling. Watching that back just makes me angry and tired of cunts getting away with being cunts.

• Upvote 12

• 1 month later...
On 18/10/2022 at 07:11, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I found it hard going. No surprise those french cunts and the fuckers at uefa declined to contribute. "Uefa said their whitewash would be out shortly, about 2 minutes after the world cup starts while everyone else is looking the other way"

Have those fuckers released their report yet ? It was due out in November.

• 1 month later...

I kept meaning to put on here but forgetting…

As part of the No Win / No Fee claim from a few pages back, has anybody now officially signed up with Bingham Solicitors? 

My Dad wasn’t sure about it so spoke to them a few times but was satisfied enough to sign up. 

I’m not arsed about any money (I mean it’s be nice but…), I hope a significant stand is made and shit like this never happens again. 

The club criticise the timing of the report. 

Quite right too. We have one of our biggest games of the season 2/3hours away and UEFA leak this in an attempt to brush it under the carpet. 

Again, it just shows contempt for supporters. You’d think that terrible planning on their behalf, which could have led to loss of life, would be taking seriously. 

AFDF8DEB-486B-468E-9921-156EDB6E3516.png

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I kept meaning to put on here but forgetting…

As part of the No Win / No Fee claim from a few pages back, has anybody now officially signed up with Bingham Solicitors? 

My Dad wasn’t sure about it so spoke to them a few times but was satisfied enough to sign up. 

I’m not arsed about any money (I mean it’s be nice but…), I hope a significant stand is made and shit like this never happens again. 

It's not the first time UEFA have fucked up is it.

They must be brought to book and senior officials within UEFA have to lose their positions because this must never be allowed to happen again.

Those French government cunts who tried to smear the innocent while trying to cover their arses and the French police must also answer for their actions.

Lives could very easily have been lost because of their decisions and actions.

They are to blame and no-one else and it's only right that they pay for it.

22 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's not the first time UEFA have fucked up is it.

They must be brought to book and senior officials within UEFA have to lose their positions because this must never be allowed to happen again.

Those French government cunts who tried to smear the innocent while trying to cover their arses and the French police must also answer for their actions.

Lives could very easily have been lost because of their decisions and actions.

They are to blame and no-one else and it's only right that they pay for it.

As I said in the post with the LFC statement, the timing of their leak just continues to show contempt for our supporters / football supporters in general.

How can an event which the French Parliament and their own investigation, which both say supporter behaviour averted losses of life, not be seen to taken seriously? 

This whole Paris incident has been following myself around like a black cloud since it happened. I was hoping this report was going to lift the cloud away, it's only served to piss me off more.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

As I said in the post with the LFC statement, the timing of their leak just continues to show contempt for our supporters / football supporters in general.

How can an event which the French Parliament and their own investigation, which both say supporter behaviour averted a losses of life, not be seen to taken seriously? 

It beggars belief mate.

I'm in complete agreement about the timing of this leak though, it does show contempt.

They were all at fault, they all tried to falsely blame the fans, they all told lies.

Diabolical really when our fans have quite rightly been completely exonerated.