You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things that young people do that I don’t understand

Captain Willard

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Tee-totalling. 

My 18 year old doesn’t drink, never has and doesn’t intend to in the future. His girlfriend is the same, as are loads of his mates. 

The fuck’s that all aboot?

The quality of drugs these days makes drinking alcohol seem like listening to music on a gramophone.

25 minutes ago, Boss said:

1. Onlyfans - It's created a generation of girls that think being a whore is empowering

2. Tiktok - Dickheads dancing to shit music 

3. Clout chasers - People that wear clothes from Supreme and Canada Goose. Spending fortunes to look like a fucking idiot. 

I watched all of that video. I’m fucking appalled at those people for being them, myself for watching it and you for posting it, you bastard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Change their phones every time a new model comes out.  I used to do this years ago but that's when mobile phones were shite but over the last 5 years they're just reincarnations of the previous one with a new number.  "Oh you've only got the iPhone X v5.3 Alpha?  I've just upgraded to the v5.4 Yer Ma for an extra £15 a month and I get a smiley face gif whenever I spout some shite about quinoa to it."

I'm still on my 4 year old phone and I have absolutely no plans to upgrade it.  Ever.

I literally just got given a Samsung one off my lad I know it’s good but no idea why. Only 9 months old but he is always changing.

35 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I literally just got given a Samsung one off my lad I know it’s good but no idea why. Only 9 months old but he is always changing.

I did some work for a phone recycling company once. Every year, they printed up a few thousand postage paid envelopes with a tear jerking picture of a donkey sanctuary charity logo on it but crucially the firm’s address. They paid teenagers to put these envelopes in churches, youth clubs, coffee shops etc. The charity got £1 for every phone they received. Every day the postman would bring sacks of I phones. Teenage girls love cute animals. 

48 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I did some work for a phone recycling company once. Every year, they printed up a few thousand postage paid envelopes with a tear jerking picture of a donkey sanctuary charity logo on it but crucially the firm’s address. They paid teenagers to put these envelopes in churches, youth clubs, coffee shops etc. The charity got £1 for every phone they received. Every day the postman would bring sacks of I phones. Teenage girls love cute animals. 

Charities my arse a lot of them, British Heart Foundation furniture shops make a fortune and not a huge amount is put back in.

17 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

3 or 4 quid for a coffee, the fucking dickheads. 

is fucking right.

I went on a weeks rest and recuperation jaunt up to the Lakes a few years back with a mate who I hadn't seen for years but kept in touch with. I assumed he was just the same as ever, 10 pints, a bag of chips on the way home etc.. and we landed in some place by his choice that was called 'Cafe Italiana' or some such shite in Windermere on the second day and he says "I just can't drink instant coffee", so I'm like "Why are you a spastic or something that stops you putting the cup to your mouth?". The answer was far fucking worse.."No, I just can't drink it, there's just so much better coffee these days".

Aye, OK...I remember when you were glad of anything that was alcoholic and also glad of anything that came in a cup that was cheap when we were skint, you blert. Now the cunt knows the price of a Gin and Tonic in about 84 different hotels from Cheltenham to St. Andrews.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

All wearing the same style of coat.

Had my lad's football training tonight ( under 12's) and after our training the pitch is then booked by squad of 17/18 year olds, every one of them wearing a black bubble type jacket, what the fuck's all that about, they're all frigging sameheads?

This isn’t a new thing, kids have always done this, haven’t they? 

Wearing fucking socks and sliders. No different to your grandad walking around in a pair of slippers and socks. Why would you go out the house for the day dressed like that?

Also going the gym. I go to the gym as I’m in my 40s and will become fat and unhealthy if I don’t look after myself. I don’t think I’d ever seen inside a gym until my mid 30s. A steady diet of drugs and alcohol is enough to see you through your teenage years and 20s. You’re already young and good looking. Why do they all go the gym?

Avoiding responsibility and life in general.

Then there's constant excuses of its everyone else's fault not mine.

No interest in current affairs.

Thinking that they will be a youtube millionaire upon leaving school.

Carrying knives.

No interest in sport or hobbies, unless it's fifa on the playstation.

The list is endless with this generation.

8 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

is fucking right.

I went on a weeks rest and recuperation jaunt up to the Lakes a few years back with a mate who I hadn't seen for years but kept in touch with. I assumed he was just the same as ever, 10 pints, a bag of chips on the way home etc.. and we landed in some place by his choice that was called 'Cafe Italiana' or some such shite in Windermere on the second day and he says "I just can't drink instant coffee", so I'm like "Why are you a spastic or something that stops you putting the cup to your mouth?". The answer was far fucking worse.."No, I just can't drink it, there's just so much better coffee these days".

Aye, OK...I remember when you were glad of anything that was alcoholic and also glad of anything that came in a cup that was cheap when we were skint, you blert. Now the cunt knows the price of a Gin and Tonic in about 84 different hotels from Cheltenham to St. Andrews.

'Some kind of spastic?' Not a great phrase tbh.

10 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Some big salaries in the charity sector. 

Absolutely right.  I spent a year working as a Business Intelligence Manager for a company that worked closely with charities, some of them really big hitters.  We were regularly invited to galas and charity nights where you'd have a selection of charities pitching to a room full of them and then having auctions for signed boxing gloves, nights in 5* hotels etc, and the bids were eye watering from people who were high flyers in charity organisations.

We were regularly offered free hotels in London and bar tabs running into their thousands on the house just to get us to do some work with them.  I left after I found it grotesque how much money was being retained by salaries and perks in nationally known charities, to the point where I was embarrassed to tell people about my job, and I'll never look at the sector in the same way ever again.

12 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

O2 were utterly incredulous when I said I couldnt be arsed upgrading my phone when the contract was up and I said I would get a new one when this one broke. Cant be arsed with it.

• Upvote 1