You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has any one ever...? Tell us about it.

Carvalho Diablo

Has anyone ever played a single word in Scrabble that scored over 200 points?

well, I’m glad you asked. I did that just this past Friday evening, as we had an after tea game. I had the letters HYDROGN lined up on my rack, with no spare E to play them, resigned to the fact that I’d have a ‘nearly’ to look back on later, when my missus played the word Accrue, putting an E on the 7th square of the bottom row, giving me an 8 letter word, hitting two triple word score squares and bolting on a 50 point bonus for a 203 score word and a total score of 498.

delighted.

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

well, I’m glad you asked. I did that just this past Friday evening, as we had an after tea game. I had the letters HYDROGN lined up on my rack, with no spare E to play them, resigned to the fact that I’d have a ‘nearly’ to look back on later, when my missus played the word Accrue, putting an E on the 7th square of the bottom row, giving me an 8 letter word, hitting two triple word score squares and bolting on a 50 point bonus for a 203 score word and a total score of 498.

delighted.

I’ve never played Scrabble.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

delighted.

That’s impressive. I once finished on a 8 letter word, won the game from miles behind  and Mrs Willard through such a strop we didn’t play again for months. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

That’s impressive. I once finished on a 8 letter word, won the game from miles behind  and Mrs Willard through such a strop we didn’t play again for months. 

I'm not surprised she was fuming she'd lost scrabble to you to be honest mate 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Luck all thoroughly used up. Just got my

arse handed to me at Uno, pass the pigs and dobble in a quick fire games session with my girl before bed. Fuming.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

delighted.

I think the phrase "smug twat" springs to mind.

Or I would be, excellent effort fella.

Love the way you remember every detail.

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

I think the phrase "smug twat" springs to mind.

Or I would be, excellent effort fella.

Love the way you remember every detail.

It was only 3 nights ago, so not much of a challenge to remember the details of the greatest moment of my entire fucking life.

5 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Mrs. O'T still mocks me for sulking about a game of Pictionary about 15 years ago. I got the word "manicurist" and obviously crashed and burned; very next go, she got the word "door".

It's still an injustice that burns.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

delighted.

Sounds like she learned a valuable lesson about not opening up the triple word scores for your opponent.

• Upvote 1