You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What bones have you broken and which one hurt the most.

5 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Nose twice playing rugby. It really hurts breaking your nose. 

Ha, yes - teachers vs 6th formers. Some bastard teacher from Rock Ferry High kneed me in the nose. I moved it back into position (so I thought) but it's still very wonky. Obviously, I deserved it, but I'd never met him before, so it was obviously a hit. Some twat from West Derby was just generally violent but never focused on anyone in particular. 

3 hours ago, mattyq said:

All my fingers, 2 knuckles and several hand bones

2 ribs

Right knee joint

The fingers were painful being put back into position as they were all dislocated... even with plenty of laughing gas

The ribs took 6 weeks to heal and laughing/sneezing was agony

With the knee I was in a cast for a few months and on heavy duty pain killers plus self medication so hardly noticed 

You a bare knuckle boxer? 

Never broken a bone. Closest was when I was hit by a taxi on the road by ours when I was a kid. Nothing broken and luckily for me an ambulance was coming up the road! 

Or a few years ago when I misjudged a kerb and went flying over the handle bars of my bike head over heels. Couldn't believe it when I dusted myself off and there wasn't a scratch. 

Have done everything else though - several back injuries including a trip to A and E when I thought I was going to pass out through muscle spasms. 

Sprained my ankle playing 5 a side and ended up on crutches. 

Pulled a calf when I was a teenager and it blew up like a massive balloon.

Hurt a knee riding my bike and ended up having months of physio.

My bones are rock solid. Sadly my soft tissues are like wet Andrex. 

Nose, left thumb 3 times, left wrist, right second toe, left ankle, right radial head and left radial head.

Worst was the left radial head. Not a particularly serious injury but it was the most recent and it was so painful I almost vomited and came very close to passing out.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Also, had my arm broken in four places in a hit an run about a year back and a half, took about 8/10 months for me to know it was back to normal.

The same driver hit and run you four times? Worracunt!

Broke my wrist playing f***b*** in 1998. Was in goal, saved the shot but the ball bent my hand right back. Was in hospital for two nights and had a massive cast fitted and pins in the wrist.  Still aches to this day when it's cold & damp. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Also, had my arm broken in four places in a hit an run about a year back and a half, took about 8/10 months for me to know it was back to normal.

Until you could wank without grimacing?

None. Thankfully. Touch wood, etc. 

The worst pain I've had though is from a ruptured hamstring. Playing football and stretched to block a shit and simultaneously felt and heard it pop. The whole back of my leg, right up to the bottom of my arse cheek, turned a combination of black and purple. 

Did it about 15 years ago and, up until recently, I'd still feel a little twinge in it if I had to burst into an unexpected run without warming up. 

I'd hate to break my leg. Seems so debilitating. 

Broke an arm falling off a bouncy castle at Gulliver’s World when I was little. My ma is a cunt and was pulling me along by said arm on the way home, telling me to stop crying. 

Broke an arm once when I was maybe 8 or 9, after climbing up on the kitchen side to get a little radio down from above the cupboard so I could listen to the football. As I grabbed the cupboard door to pull myself up it swung open and I flew off. I got a personal Christmas/Get well soon card that year from Robbie Fowler. My uncle knew someone who knew him and sorted it out. That was definitely the best broken arm I’ve had. 

Broke my arm playing footy, same as someone posted above, saving a shot. It was hit like a rocket but I pulled off probably one of the greatest saves of all time and then went home crying. 

Broken toes a few times. My nose is slightly wonky and there’s a decent scar, after I smashed it open in a drunken fall outside a kebab house after all the pubs shut. I’m not sure if it was broken or not but we kept drinking at home all through the next day too and I only went to the hospital on the Monday morning, with 2 black eyes and an enormous scab which the nurse had to peel off with tweezers so she could stitch up the gash. That wasn’t nice. 

39 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

None. Thankfully. Touch wood, etc. 

The worst pain I've had though is from a ruptured hamstring. Playing football and stretched to block a shit and simultaneously felt and heard it pop. The whole back of my leg, right up to the bottom of my arse cheek, turned a combination of black and purple. 

Did it about 15 years ago and, up until recently, I'd still feel a little twinge in it if I had to burst into an unexpected run without warming up. 

I'd hate to break my leg. Seems so debilitating. 

Yeah can see that being quite an awkward position to get into 

I've broken both my legs.  One standard break playing footy, but the other was an impressive 7 breaks starting at the ankle and finishing at the thigh. Sadly not from anything cool. I was running to skip a queue when I was 13 and I slipped on the tiled floor and my foot got stuck under the leg of a big table with kids sitting on it who were queuing. It was one of those tables where a thick centre leg comes down and branches out to two supporting legs (kind of like an upside down T).  My foot got stuck under it and the momentum brought the rest of me around to the other side of the table and everything in my leg just gave away. The 7 breaks were joined by a dislocated ankle and knee.  That was fairly sore although to this day I think my brain dulled it somewhat. 

I've broken my ribs and a good few fingers fingers playing GAA from catching high balls.

But the worst pain I ever had by quite some distance was the prolapsed disc in my lower spine (L4 and L5 I think?).  Days of screaming pain.  I found the thread I wrote at the time as I was suffering.  Nothing like it ever.  Utterly horrific.  And here is the said thread from 2012 

• Upvote 1

I've only broken a finger so far in my life, which as Im going on 59 isnt bad. I still had to have my whole arm in a sling though and it throbbed like mad.

Having a jab in the balls when I had the snip was seriously painful, but doesnt really class as a break. A break in service perhaps, but not the same.

Arm - Green stick fracture playing football when I was about 10. Diving header and awkward landing. I still scored. Being 10, having my ball under one arm and having to push my bike about 1500 meters home wasn’t cool. 

Wrist - Scaphoid. Feel off my bike. It was more annoying than sore. 

Hand - 5th metacarpal. Got annoyed playing 5-a-side with my teammates and punched a wall.

Ankle -  Was a bit of a nothing challenge and just rolled my ankle. It was only as bad as a Spain though.

Sprained Ankle - Again, nothing challenge. I’d have been back from a broken ankle quicker, it was a shocker. 

Chipped a bone in my thigh - Mucking about with my mate and school, slipped and hit it into a post. That one hurt. I thought it was a dead leg at first & I was literally in tears walking home from school. 

Severed tendon in my foot - Again, a nothing tackle. Lad was a bit late and his stud went in between my boot and ship pad. I tried to play on for about 10 minutes, ended up going off, took my boot off and my sock and boot were covered in blood. I wiggled my toes and one end of the tendon popped out. I had to have an operation on that one. I’ve never been able to strike the ball with my laces properly ever since.

Severed artery in my hand - A hilarious Jackass style trolley accident went wrong, I landed on the bottle of beer I had with me. Took 45 minutes for the ambulance to come (I could have got a pizza quicker) and then was in hospital 4 nights while the sewed it all back together. Still, it was a nice summer and I got 6 weeks off work.