Quantcast
Greatest Album Ever - Group M (Vote for your top 2) - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Group M (Vote for your top 2)

Greatest Album Ever - Group M (Vote for your top 2)  

57 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Group M (Vote for your top 2)

• Pixies - Surfa Rosa
    • Marvin Gaye - Whats Going On
    • Cream - Disraeli Gears
    • Pulp - Different Class

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/21 at 21:22

Marvin and Pulp by a fucking flying mile. I know Pidge will vote Pixies but if anyone else votes anyone else but Marvin and Pulp then I'm defo grassing. 

How Cream got in this without Jefferson Airplane just sums you cunts up. 

Voted Marvin & Cream although Disreali Gears is my least favourite album of theirs.

What's Going On should be a contender to win the whole thing so will probably go out to Pulp here.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Marvin and Pulp by a fucking flying mile. I know Pidge will vote Pixies but if anyone else votes anyone else but Marvin and Pulp then I'm defo grassing. 

How Cream got in this without Jefferson Airplane just sums you cunts up. 

I didn't actually, as much as I like them I don't actually know Surfa Rosa that well. Know quite a few of the tracks (including the obvious one of course), but took it as a reason to go with Pulp. Major album for us 90s teens.

Marvin's a gimme (until he comes up against Dookie, of course).

I’ve gone same as Stig but it’s Marvin by a fucking mile really and then Cream and Pulp some distance behind. Went for Pulp in the end as I’ve probably listened to that a lot more over the years. 

What's Going On isn't my cup of tea actually. I always found Marv a bit creepy. I think it came from being weirded out a little from hearing Sexual Healing on the radio as a kid while being in the car with my mum. 

1 minute ago, tokyojoe said:

Marvin by a fucking light year. The best album ever made, the best that ever will be made.

To make up the numbers, Cream as #2.

I know what you're saying Dave, but no.  Stevie made three better albums than What's Going On, but it is a fucking fantastic album.  In fact it's going on right now.  That's what's going on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I know what you're saying Dave, but no.  Stevie made three better albums than What's Going On, but it is a fucking fantastic album.  In fact it's going on right now.  That's what's going on.

Play it againSam! (or Pete). Nothing will beat that for me.

• Upvote 1

Gone for Pixies & Pulp.

Surfer Rosa influenced the majority of 90’s & 00’s guitar music, it was so far ahead of its time. Different class was the first cd album I ever bought. Fantastic pop album, all about J.C getting off his tits and rutting birds.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Marvin by a fucking light year. The best album ever made, the best that ever will be made.

To make up the numbers, Cream as #2.

It had the best answer album ever. There's A Riot Goin' On. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mook said:

Voted Marvin & Cream although Disreali Gears is my least favourite album of theirs.

What's Going On should be a contender to win the whole thing so will probably go out to Pulp here.

I agree about Disraeli Gears, and What's Going On. But Different Class is brilliantly written kitchen sink drama. 

6 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Gone for Pixies & Pulp.

Surfer Rosa influenced the majority of 90’s & 00’s guitar music, it was so far ahead of its time. Different class was the first cd album I ever bought. Fantastic pop album, all about J.C getting off his tits and rutting birds.

This. Music that influenced my life. 

Cream are ok, but soul/r&b does fuck all for me. 

Marvin & Pulp are the two that I've actually bought. I'd never listened to the other two all the way through before. 

Surfer Rosa really isn't Dusty in Memphis, is it? Is there such a genre as "difficult listening"? That's not really a criticism. It's loud, unpretty and messy and you need a bit of that. Also, nice tits on the cover. 

Disraeli Gears was disappointing.  The few tracks I already knew are classics, no doubt, but much of the rest is poor. At times, it sounds like a parody of hippy-shit.

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Surfer Rosa really isn't Dusty in Memphis, is it? Is there such a genre as "difficult listening"? That's not really a criticism. It's loud, unpretty and messy and you need a bit of that. Also, nice tits on the cover. 

Also it has a song about a superhero called Tony, and you need a bit of that.

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Disraeli Gears was disappointing.  The few tracks I already knew are classics, no doubt, but much of the rest is poor. At times, it sounds like a parody of hippy-shit.

Personally prefer "Slowhand" to this. The Core is one of his best tunes.