You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Halsey: Referee standards have dropped to alarming levels  

TLW

On 09/10/2022 at 23:33, dockers_strike said:

The appalling reffing decisions and blatant pen ignored will now all be overshadowed due to the allegations about Hendo and supposed comments. A cynic might say it's been perfectly orchestrated by an arsenal player.

Not unlike Holgate getting off Scot-free with throwing Bobby into the stands, a red card challenge a normal world, by falsely playing the race card. 

• Upvote 1

Now I'm not sure where the earlier quote came from but just look at how that comes across to the frustrated fan, perfectly put below from a poster on another site.

'We got to be the ones in 2013-14 to see City win the title by two points after we were denied a clearly onside equaliser at the Etihad that would have created a three point swing in our favour and guess who would have won the title?

We got to be the ones in 2018-19 to see City win the title by a point after we lost a game at the Etihad two one when Kompany should have been sent off for denying Salah a goalscoring opportunity at one each, a draw would have created a three point swing, and guess who would have won the title?

We got to be the ones to see City win the title by a point last season, knowing that the authorities actually apologised to Everton because the officials fucked up by not giving Everton a very late penalty at one nil down, that officials gave City a soft penalty at the Emirates and denied Arsenal the soft penalty they spunked their load to give against us on Saturday, in a two one defeat to Arsenal, that City won one nil against Wolves with a penalty that clearly hit the ribs and armpits of the defender but VAR were happy to award, that Jota got flattened in the box at WHL but the ref decided that he stopped to initiate contact. Any of those decisions implemented correctly, just one of them... and guess who would have won the title?

Excuse me for saying, but I'm fucking sick of it.

I'm fucking sick of officials continuously finding obscure reasons to fuck us, and if they can't find obscure reasons they just fuck us anyway, whilst clubs like City and utd seem to have a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card in perpetuity.

So somebody else can get kicked in the balls in May. They're welcome to it.'

I totally get where he's at. From financial cheating to knobhead fans, bastard policing to corrupt governing bodies, docile 'journalists' to nodding dog pundits, obscene wages paid to preening bellends, refereeing incompetence/corruption (delete as appropriate) is coming perilously close to breaking that bond for me. I can feel myself pulling away little by little and there is less and less to pull me back in.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Now I'm not sure where the earlier quote came from but just look at how that comes across to the frustrated fan, perfectly put below from a poster on another site.

'We got to be the ones in 2013-14 to see City win the title by two points after we were denied a clearly onside equaliser at the Etihad that would have created a three point swing in our favour and guess who would have won the title?

We got to be the ones in 2018-19 to see City win the title by a point after we lost a game at the Etihad two one when Kompany should have been sent off for denying Salah a goalscoring opportunity at one each, a draw would have created a three point swing, and guess who would have won the title?

We got to be the ones to see City win the title by a point last season, knowing that the authorities actually apologised to Everton because the officials fucked up by not giving Everton a very late penalty at one nil down, that officials gave City a soft penalty at the Emirates and denied Arsenal the soft penalty they spunked their load to give against us on Saturday, in a two one defeat to Arsenal, that City won one nil against Wolves with a penalty that clearly hit the ribs and armpits of the defender but VAR were happy to award, that Jota got flattened in the box at WHL but the ref decided that he stopped to initiate contact. Any of those decisions implemented correctly, just one of them... and guess who would have won the title?

I'm fucking sick of officials continuously finding obscure reasons to fuck us, and if they can't find obscure reasons they just fuck us anyway, whilst clubs like City and utd seem to have a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card in perpetuity.

I totally get where he's at. From financial cheating to knobhead fans, bastard policing to corrupt governing bodies, docile 'journalists' to nodding dog pundits, obscene wages paid to preening bellends, refereeing incompetence/corruption (delete as appropriate) is coming perilously close to breaking that bond for me. I can feel myself pulling away little by little and there is less and less to pull me back in.

When we won the title, it was only because everyone else were so far behind the corrupt cunts couldn't claw them back somehow. 

• Upvote 1

One thing about citing examples of appalling decisions from years gone by, as shit as they were, is the assumption that all else for the rest of the season would remain the same had the officials made the opposite calls.

Despite that, it's unarguable that English referees are shit these days. Nearly all from Greater Manchester and making such a pig's ear of VAR that its usefulness is often outweighed by how badly they apply it.

19 minutes ago, Trumo said:

One thing about citing examples of appalling decisions from years gone by, as shit as they were, is the assumption that all else for the rest of the season would remain the same had the officials made the opposite calls.

Despite that, it's unarguable that English referees are shit these days. Nearly all from Greater Manchester and making such a pig's ear of VAR that its usefulness is often outweighed by how badly they apply it.

I get what you are saying but as it stands we definitely didn't win the league in any of those years, with the right decisions then who knows?

4 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

That's all spot on.

On 11/10/2022 at 17:33, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

One game doesnt make a season. There is a pattern of rank incompetence rather than corruption. The corruption occurs way before anybody ever steps foot on a pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

What with the midweek games and such, I've been watching a fair few games recently and Craig Pawson seems to be on my screen all the tme;

16th October Man United v Newcastle

18th October Blackburn v Sunderland

20th October Fulham v Villa (4th 0fficial)

22nd City v Southampton

24th West Ham v Bournemouth (4th Official)

I do't know if he's still a UEFA official but if so he might expect to be involved this week.

That's a ridiculous schedule. When is he supposed to train, be coached (and PGMOL put great emphasis on improved coaching this season) and meet assessors to discuss his performance?

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

What with the midweek games and such, I've been watching a fair few games recently and Craig Pawson seems to be on my screen all the tme;

16th October Man United v Newcastle

18th October Blackburn v Sunderland

20th October Fulham v Villa (4th 0fficial)

22nd City v Southampton

24th West Ham v Bournemouth (4th Official)

I do't know if he's still a UEFA official but if so he might expect to be involved this week.

That's a ridiculous schedule. When is he supposed to train, be coached (and PGMOL put great emphasis on improved coaching this season) and meet assessors to discuss his performance?

He's not. The worse the officials perform,the more drama there is. Drama creates publicity,publicity creates news stories,clicks and eventually lots of money for the gravy train they are all on. They dont give a shit.