You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

39 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Except he didn’t even draw the foul, the idiot defender just dived in when the ball was running out of play. 
And Grealish is the difference between Villa being a mid-table team versus one fighting to avoid relegation 

Shite tackle which Kane absolutely saw coming in, overstepped the ball and deliberately made sure he was hit instead. Both Salah and Mane have done the exact same thing and the ref waves his hands upwards, suggesting it was engineered. Well, Kane engineered that - but apparently when he does it, it's cute and clever.

39 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Shite tackle which Kane absolutely saw coming in, overstepped the ball and deliberately made sure he was hit instead. Both Salah and Mane have done the exact same thing and the ref waves his hands upwards, suggesting it was engineered. Well, Kane engineered that - but apparently when he does it, it's cute and clever.

Always different for honest to goodness ingerlund lionhearts like Sir Harry.

The hypocrisy is astounding. Any of ours does that and it's a 'dive'! Ref booked a celtic player for less than that in the box against Rangers yesterday.

And that fat cunt Moss let west ham take a very quick free kick yesterday when other teams have been stopped from doing that inclusing us. Fucking grinds my gears this shite inconsistency with refs.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Some of Harry's finest moments ....

Maybe Salah needs to in Tyler's words show "more theatrics from the Egyptian" to get more pens 

Harry is just being cute and finessing the game. Just like the lovely little fella at United. Now the likes of Mo the dirty cheat needs banning, disgraceful.

21 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Tell you what though, there was something about that 2001/02/03 Real Madrid team that just demanded respect.  

You look across the pitch and see this and you know it's serious. 

Screenshot_20210322-134641.png

Winning all of them trophies even while playing in Ice Hockey tops is very impressive.

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ronaldo, three patella tendon injuries across both knees, eating for two, and still twisting like chubby checker in his mid 30's.  

If not for the injuries, there wouldn't be any arguments about "who was the greatest ever?"

There would still be arguments about second-best.

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ronaldo, three patella tendon injuries across both knees, eating for two, and still twisting like chubby checker in his mid 30's.  

That'll be me next week when my nine a side footy starts again after over 12 months off. Mid 40's, bit of timber, speculative shots, falling over but with faint glimpses of what used to be.

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

That'll be me next week when my nine a side footy starts again after over 12 months off. Mid 40's, bit of timber, speculative shots, falling over but with faint glimpses of what used to be.

I might try a step over once and see what happens. If I don't end up with a mouth full of astroturf, I'll consider myself Messi.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

If it all goes tits up, you might live up to your name.

12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Tell you what though, there was something about that 2001/02/03 Real Madrid team that just demanded respect.  

So much about David Beckham that deserves respect... So much. 

Stupid question, but did the team prevent all (or many) of the players from joining up with their national teams during this international break ?

I remember reading that the premier league agreed they could stop them from playing, but haven't haven't heard or read anything since.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Cheers

36 minutes ago, neko said:

Stupid question, but did the team prevent all (or many) of the players from joining up with their national teams during this international break ?

I remember reading that the premier league agreed they could stop them from playing, but haven't haven't heard or read anything since.

Cheers

The South American games were cancelled. 

Jota wasn’t going to be allowed but Portugal has come off the red list. 

I think Keita isn’t being allowed to play in Guinea second game, wherever it is.

Don’t know about any other clubs. 

40 minutes ago, neko said:

Cheers

Keita is being allowed to play his first game for Guinea but is coming back thereafter as their 2nd game is in a red list country. Brazils games were called off. Not sure about the rest.

The good news about Keita is that the previous Guinea wanker manager has gone and the old French winger , Didier Six   is the new guy and was blowing smoke up Jurgen's bum about his co-operation.

On 22/03/2021 at 13:52, Colonel Bumcunt said:

What's the difference between that and what Man City are currently doing?

23 minutes ago, Special K said:

What's the difference between that and what Man City are currently doing?

Madrid are royalty compared to City.

But apart from that, from a 'best players in the world' point of view, Man City don't have those calibre of players for the modern day.

Zidane - De Bruyne?  Probably closest, but he's miles off.  

Raul - Messi? Kane?

Ronaldo - Salah? Mbappe? 

Beckham - Kroos?

Figo - Sterling?  Again, miles off. 

City haven't done the absurd collection of player thing.  Expensive, yes, but not close to the galactico era.  

12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Madrid are royalty compared to City.

But apart from that, from a 'best players in the world' point of view, Man City don't have those calibre of players for the modern day.

City have never had a Balon d'Or winner - not sure they have ever had a player in the top 5.