You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

33 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, saying Pink Floyd are shite is a big statement. I don't like Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here or The Wall at all but the Syd Barrett stuff and Meddle are great. They covered a fair bit of ground.

Waters does come across as a cantankerous twat though, in my opinion.

There are a couple of decent tracks on Dark Side of the Moon and some of the earlier stuff is OK, but they've done nothing worth staying awake for in 50 years.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nah, Mal, the myth of Floyd and the stuff you hear all the time makes people think that.

Stick this on loud, smoke a fat one and come back and let me know what you think?

That's the problem; you have to be off your tits to put up with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Baffling hatred of Pink Floyd on here from unexpected areas. Weirdos. 

I for one am absolutely shocked that a politician doesn't understand a message being delivered through art. Bellend. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 25/05/2023 at 21:01, Bruce Spanner said:

Stick this on loud, smoke a fat one and come back and let me know what you think?

Maybe it's because I grew up in the late 70s, when there were so many great songs that did everything they had to do in three minutes or less.  That one doesn't do anything for the first three minutes, and when it does start it's not really worth waiting for.

Even that oh-so-offensive Roger Waters live clip just bored me, and that's got fire and machine guns.

• Upvote 1

On 25/05/2023 at 22:12, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There are a couple of decent tracks on Dark Side of the Moon and some of the earlier stuff is OK, but they've done nothing worth staying awake for in 50 years.

Have to neg that.

You wouldn't believe how many jobs they created in the production industry through their music. I worked for EMI during the pulse album and lots of other companies helped to make the physical album. I'm talking print, packaging, the led on the on the side then distribution. From what I know 250 people were employed just from that 1 album.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Have to neg that.

You wouldn't believe how many jobs they created in the production industry through their music. I worked for EMI during the pulse album and lots of other companies helped to make the physical album. I'm talking print, packaging, the led on the on the side then distribution. From what I know 250 people were employed just from that 1 album.

Too many cooks then, I guess...

1 hour ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Have to neg that.

Sure you did mate, you'll be telling us that pigs fly next 

On 25/05/2023 at 19:34, Strontium said:

Look he may be an antisemitic, lying, thieving, hypocritical, tax-avoiding, lip-synching, misogynistic, sick-with-envy, megalomaniac Putin apologist, but you definitely have to acknowledge that he has great hair.

Polly Samson over here.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I shouldn't have to justify myself to you really.

Penny Lane EMI Swindon.

Google it and then suck a cock.

FFS Clem, It was an ironic joke based on the Animals album you stupid thick twat

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

FFS Clem, It was an ironic joke based on the Animals album you stupid thick twat

maxresdefault.jpg

Very similar to the factory i worked in.

We used to get the unfortunates coming round raiding the skips for scrap metal.

our purpose built factory on 'penny lane' was only there for 10 years before they pulled all operations into Eindhoven.

i used to get 6 free CD's per month on a legit basis...(i did get the first copies of Quake PC game).

We have/had a german factory doing nothing except pink floyd.

Its astounding the amount of people they have employed and if they ever get cancelled i would be devastated.

Should never try and cancel a super-group...the implications are huge.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe it's because I grew up in the late 70s, when there were so many great songs that did everything they had to do in three minutes or less.  That one doesn't do anything for the first three minutes, and when it does start it's not really worth waiting for.

Even that oh-so-offensive Roger Waters live clip just bored me, and that's got fire and machine guns.

There's plenty of room in music for three minute songs and 20 minute epics.

Not that I'm saying you're one of them but people who can't seem to stay interested in a song past six or seven minutes is something I find bizarre, unless they're under 15. 

I certainly don't need songs (or instrumental music) to do an awful lot in the first three minutes, sometimes the suggestion that something will happen is enough to drag me into it.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Very similar to the factory i worked in.

We used to get the unfortunates coming round raiding the skips for scrap metal.

our purpose built factory on 'penny lane' was only there for 10 years before they pulled all operations into Eindhoven.

i used to get 6 free CD's per month on a legit basis...(i did get the first copies of Quake PC game).

We have/had a german factory doing nothing except pink floyd.

Its astounding the amount of people they have employed and if they ever get cancelled i would be devastated.

Should never try and cancel a super-group...the implications are huge.

No apology no? You fucking mince machine 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

There's plenty of room in music for three minute songs and 20 minute epics.

Not that I'm saying you're one of them but people who can't seem to stay interested in a song past six or seven minutes is something I find bizarre, unless they're under 15. 

I certainly don't need songs (or instrumental music) to do an awful lot in the first three minutes, sometimes the suggestion that something will happen is enough to drag me into it.

There's the rub; the first three minutes of that one in the clip (and Shine On You Crazy Diamond and probably some others I've heard and forgotten) just noodle along pointlessly and do nothing to pique my interest.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's the rub; the first three minutes of that one in the clip (and Shine On You Crazy Diamond and probably some others I've heard and forgotten) just noodle along pointlessly and do nothing to pique my interest.

I'm surprised at you. You look like a Pink Floyd fan.