You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

15 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Very similar to the factory i worked in.

We used to get the unfortunates coming round raiding the skips for scrap metal.

our purpose built factory on 'penny lane' was only there for 10 years before they pulled all operations into Eindhoven.

i used to get 6 free CD's per month on a legit basis...(i did get the first copies of Quake PC game).

We have/had a german factory doing nothing except pink floyd.

Its astounding the amount of people they have employed and if they ever get cancelled i would be devastated.

Should never try and cancel a super-group...the implications are huge.

I think it will,or has, have the opposite effect myself.

The official accounts of both Israel/Ukraine riffing along merrily together.

To suggest Waters was "desecrating the memory of Anne Frank and those who died in the Holocaust" is utter fucking bollocks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder what accusations would’ve been levelled at Waters if he omitted Anne Frank’s name (thereby also omitting the name of any victims of the holocaust) from the list of victims of state violence that features in his concerts? 

Baddiel would be adding a new chapter to his book. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Particularly when you’re also a supporter of the Palestinian cause. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I wonder what accusations would’ve been levelled at Waters if he omitted Anne Frank’s name (thereby also omitting the name of any victims of the holocaust) from the list of victims of state violence that features in his concerts? 

Baddiel would be adding a new chapter to his book. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Particularly when you’re also a supporter of the Palestinian cause. 

Jeremy Corbyn was accused of "trolling the Jewish community" because he celebrated a Jewish holiday when he was invited by some Jewish friends.

Go figure.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Jeremy Corbyn was accused of "trolling the Jewish community" because he celebrated a Jewish holiday when he was invited by some Jewish friends.

Go figure.

It's like Everton fans whose head is constantly in a spin trying to blame LFC for things that they know little about and the hypocrisy makes them a laughing stock. It's nice to know that they still regard his views and politics as a genuine threat. 

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

OK... We're paying attention to David fucking Duke now?

Did Waters accuse a global Jewish conspiracy of controlling the American Government and starting the Ukraine war (as Duke claims)?  If he did, he's an anti-Semite; if he didn't, you're a cunt.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

OK... We're paying attention to David fucking Duke now?

Did Waters accuse a global Jewish conspiracy of controlling the American Government and starting the Ukraine war (as Duke claims)?  If he did, he's an anti-Semite; if he didn't, you're a cunt.

I don't know what it's got to do with me, I didn't write the article or make the statements contained within.

Funny how you're awfully quick to accuse people of standing shoulder to shoulder with Nazis when they happen to support some other cause. Don't like it so much when the boot is on the other foot. 

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

I don't know what it's got to do with me, I didn't write the article or make the statements contained within.

Funny how you're awfully quick to accuse people of standing shoulder to shoulder with Nazis when they happen to support some other cause. Don't like it so much when the boot is on the other foot. 

Hahahaha.  Nice try, you mad, dishonest gobshite.

The day Roger Waters joins a protest organised by Fascists, I'll accuse him of standing shoulder-to-shoulder with them. OK?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

He may be standing shoulder to shoulder with Putin though.

He called Putin out in that video you yourself posted. Seems to me like another pacifist who wants to end the slaughter of innocents is again the victim of a vile witch-hunt. I don't agree with everything he says but there is a lot of bollocks out there about him being pushed from certain parts. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He called Putin out in that video you yourself posted. Seems to me like another pacifist who wants to end the slaughter of innocents is again the victim of a vile witch-hunt. I don't agree with everything he says but there is a lot of bollocks out there about him being pushed from certain parts. 

He is the epitome of a useful idiot, at least on Putin. He didn't call anyone out he parrots Russian propaganda under the guise of pacifism. He would do more for peace if he didn't say anything.

"The which hunt" is probably for his anti-Israel stance, I think he is one of the boycott campaigners (wasn't he attacking Nick Cave for playing in Israel a couple of yearas ago?). Boycott is a big issue for the pro-Israel camp.

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

He is the epitome of a useful idiot, at least on Putin. He didn't call anyone out he parrots Russian propaganda under the guise of pacifism. He would do more for peace if he didn't say anything.

"The which hunt" is probably for his anti-Israel stance, I think he is one of the boycott campaigners (wasn't he attacking Nick Cave for playing in Israel a couple of yearas ago?). Boycott is a big issue for the pro-Israel camp.

He called Putin, Biden and Zelinsky out in that video. Like I said, I don't agree with all of his views. 

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Hahahaha.  Nice try, you mad, dishonest gobshite.

The day Roger Waters joins a protest organised by Fascists, I'll accuse him of standing shoulder-to-shoulder with them. OK?

Think you should be looking elsewhere for dishonesty, don't you?

Which protest had me and Rico joined when you accused us of standing shoulder to shoulder with fascists and religious fundamentalists?

On 27/02/2023 at 13:03, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fascists and religious fundamentalists oppose Drag Queen Story Hour because they are Fascists and religious fundamentalists. I'm pretty sure that you and Rico are neither of those things, but I'm still in the dark about your motivations for standing shoulder to shoulder with those cunts in opposition to children's entertainers reading children's stories to children.

Which protest had Gnasher joined when you accused him of standing shoulder to shoulder with fascists?

On 07/10/2018 at 12:46, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You have shown yourself willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with Fascists. 

Twice.

On 26/08/2019 at 10:32, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is where your obsessive opposition to the EU has led you: shoulder-to-shoulder with Fascists who are always the enemy of working people. 

So let's not indulge in historical revisionism here. The idea that a person needs to join a protest organised by fascists before you'll accuse them of standing shoulder to shoulder with fascists is a total invention. As the facts show, simply sharing an opinion is enough.

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

Not to mention his repugnant views on China and the Uyghurs, The White Helmets, Syria etc.

All handwaved away by the gaslighters because they happen to share a single fringe belief with him, his critics labelled as liars and twisters and paid shills.

It's the difference between me and the consistency folks. I'd never dream of defending the far right just because I happen to share their opposition to grooming children. The far right are appalling, even if they happen to be correct occasionally.