You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't get the Jones hatred. Among political commentators there are very few who are less twatty.

Maybe I cut him a lot of slack, because he wrote "Chavs" when it absolutely needed to be written.

The problem with Jones is he epitomises the 'Everything is wrong with everything because it's not the world my sixth form pontificating assumes it should be' mentality of a lot of 'modern' activists. There's just a lack of awareness about anything beyond the end of his nose and his willingness to blame anything for it apart from his own lack of perception or perspective.

Chavs is a decent book though.

I think he just fell into a po faced, group think echo chamber and got lost.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The problem with Jones is he epitomises the 'Everything is wrong with everything because it's not the world my sixth form pontificating assumes it should be' mentality of a lot of 'modern' activists. There's just a lack of awareness about anything beyond the end of his nose and his willingness to blame anything for it apart from his own lack of perception or perspective.

Chavs is a decent book though.

I think he just fell into a po faced, group think echo chamber and got lost.

Did you know he got assaulted once for being gay and left wing?  I don’t think he’s ever mentioned it

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

Aye , he should keep that shit quiet , the cunt.

A man who has let thousands of people died needlessly and pointed the finger at care homes or someone who has pointed out he was attacked for being gay and left wing.

It's a tough one to decide who is the bigger cunt.

• Upvote 2

Saw this yesterday and thought it was somebody’s Photoshop joke, but no, it’s real and in another master stroke the focus groups have delivered another own goal. I’m assuming it was some misguided attempt to represent centrism, but comes off looking like either Labour voters turning Tory or the Labour Party transitioning into the Tory Party. 

Put a fork in Starmer he's done. The media are now constantly running with the "he's a weak leader" theme now (which he is) and as we know once they get their teeth into something and run with it then the voting public go with that "he's a weak leader" theme too...Which is kind of ironic when you have a PM who avoids sacking incompetent and corrupt Ministers, advisors who break pandemic rules, avoids interviews and hides in fridges, but the dye has been cast for Sir Kier so he's fucked 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Maybe, anything’s worth a go I suppose.

I love it when she has them squirming in the committee grillings. She takes no shit off them and I can imagine her pushing and pushing to trip them up. I’ll probably get shit down by people who know Labour better than me but I honestly think she’d be out best hope of turning the tide 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I love it when she has them squirming in the committee grillings. She takes no shit off them and I can imagine her pushing and pushing to trip them up. I’ll probably get shit down by people who know Labour better than me but I honestly think she’d be out best hope of turning the tide 

It’s a bit of a different game in a commons committee meeting compared to the House.

She doesn’t have half the house shouting ridicule over everything she says.

Far from being a leader of the opposition. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Dunno but at least it’s a suggestion, too many call Starmer for being shite ( which he is) but don’t offer up an alternative. I include myself in that

This is an incantation from Lovecraft’s mythos, to resurrect the dead.

Y'AI'NG'NGAH,
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH

I’m now at the point where I’m considering pitching up to John Smith’s resting place and giving it a go, just on the off chance Lovecraft was really onto something…

• Upvote 2