You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

22 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

As the days go by...

Go on then show the evidence to back up your claim. I've given a poll proving my point renationalising is popular, where's your evidence on it not being popular in swing seats? The floor is yours. 

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Go on then show the evidence to back up your claim? 

My claim was that 'some voters in swing areas Labour focus on' are against nationalisation. I showed you the Tory held swing areas. If you know about conservative ideology, you can only surmise that 'some voters in swing areas Labour focus on' will be against it. Do you think no voters Tory held areas are in against renationalisation? Because if you deny what I said above, you must. What I said is in no way controversial. It's actually blatantly obvious that some voters in swing areas that are held by Tories are going to be against nationalisation. It's like talking to a ADHD 12 year old with behavioural issues. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

the tories aren't arsed because they'll get paid either way when they're awarding the franchise. award a franchise and then months later take up a role on a board of one of these companies for 500k for 8 hours work or something. their supporters are stupid and don't understand how we are getting fucked. Last night on Question Time the Tory was claiming we shouldn't give rail drivers a pay rise because it will fuel inflation, because the pay rise will put up the costs of the rail companies. But the rates the rail companies charge are set by the government and linked to inflation and not the inflation of their staff's wages. all stifling the wages of the people in the rail service does is increase the profits the rail franchises make because their pricing of tickets is directly linked to RPI. Each year our cost of fares goes up by RPI+1%. So next years price rise will be linked to inflation of this month - likely to exceed 10%, so we can expect an 11% rise. Any pay raise less than 11% for the staff is all profits for cunts like trenitalia. 

the only argument i see against nationalisation now is cost. to take back those franchises would cost a fortune, money we would need to borrow. i would think though once they expire down the line, surely there is no guarantee we can't just take them back? maybe i misunderstand but i think the government runs the tracks already, it's just the stations and the trains we don't run. 

Wasn't one of them costed under corbyn and it was estimated that after about 3 years it would be paid off,meaning afterwards every penny was a profit.

I'm not particularly having a gonat starmer,I just don't get the arguments against it.

But I don't think having a bit state is necessarily a bad thing.

The pay restraint should really be the final straw for most people.Come the winter millions of people won't be able to heat themselves whilst the current pm is shelling out grands for a drinks tray.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

My claim was that 'some voters in swing areas Labour focus on' are against nationalisation. I showed you the Tory held swing areas. If you know about conservative ideology, you can only surmise that 'some voters in swing areas Labour focus on' will be against it. Do you think no voters Tory held areas are in against renationalisation? Because if you deny what I said above, you must. What I said is in no way controversial. It's actually blatantly obvious that some voters in swing areas that are held by Tories are going to be against nationalisation. 

Some voters would be against a new hospital, your excuse means nothing. You were bullshiting again. You implied re nationalisation was not popular in swing seats. You made it up. Your claim was once again without foundation just a load of bollocks plucked out of your arse. 

Anyway you fib to your hearts content I'm off out to catch some sun.

Just now, Arniepie said:

Wasn't one of them costed under corbyn and it was estimated that after about 3 years it would be paid off,meaning afterwards every penny was a profit.

I'm not particularly having a gonat starmer,I just don't get the arguments against it.

The pay restraint should really be the final straw for most people.Come the winter millions of people won't be able to heat themselves whilst the current pm is shelling out grands for a drinks tray.

It's gross, mate. I totally agree. The problem we face is selling it to the British, well the English. Here's a map of the country. We can talk all we want about what's right, it's getting these fuckers to vote for it. 

0b17d950-2bec-11ea-ae76-eb4c2011e05f

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Some voters would be against a new hospital means nothing. You were bullshiting again. You implied re nationalisation was not popular in swing seats. You made it up. Your claim was once again without foundation just a load of bollocks plucked out of your arse. 

Anyway you fib to your hearts content I'm off out to catch some sun.

You are so fucking stupid it's hilarious. I noticed you didn't answer my question. Fucking fraud cunt. No voters in Tory held swing areas who are against nationalisation. Heard it all now. You've said some blindly ignorant, liar bullshit before but that's something else. I very much hope you don't come back. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

It's gross, mate. I totally agree. The problem we face is selling it to the British, well the English. Here's a map of the country. We can talk all we want about what's right, it's getting these fuckers to vote for it. 

0b17d950-2bec-11ea-ae76-eb4c2011e05f

How fucking depressing is that?

Just looking at it you can see it's mostly the big cities..Liverpool, Manchester,Newcastle ,I'm.presuming the likes of Leeds and Sheffield are on there,London are Labour,whilst the rest of the country is overwhelmingly tory.

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

How fucking depressing is that?

Just looking at it you can see it's mostly the big cities..Liverpool, Manchester,Newcastle ,I'm.presuming the likes of Leeds and Sheffield are on there,London are Labour,whilst the rest of the country is overwhelmingly tory.

It's fuckin' depressing. Then you get people who deny it's happening and just want to attack those areas with shit we know they ideologically oppose. As if that's going to win. There's loads that would rather see us lose an election so they get their way. I would gladly fucking burn them all alive. The country is done. Brexit, this Tory lurch to the right. It's fucking gross. I'm done with Tories and their enablers. We need a Labour party that can win, then we can build from there. Anybody getting in the way of that can get fucked, as far as I'm concerned. They're just different colour Tories to me, no matter what they believe. 

26 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

You are so fucking stupid it's hilarious. I noticed you didn't answer my question. Fucking fraud cunt. No voters in Tory held swing areas who are against nationalisation. Heard it all now. You've said some blindly ignorant, liar bullshit before but that's something else. I very much hope you don't come back. 

'Tory marginals'?? Just a tiny 8% strongly oppose renationalisation you bullshiting whopper, i've provided a poll. 

You on the other hand just spouted a load of made up bullshit.

Also why are you sending me stupid private messages you daft cunt?

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

'Tory marginals' 8% strongly oppose renationalisation you bullshiting whopper,I've provided a poll. You on the other hand just spout made up bullshit.

Also why are you sending me stupid private messages you daft cunt?

Fucking answer is you idiot liar and you'll find out. 

This fantasy world you've created where nobody in Tory marginals opposes renationalisation is one I'd like to visit. 

Maybe there should be a careerist politician from the left who should win the Labour leadership and put it to a vote. Let's see how well it would do. If only we knew exactly how that would turn out. Exactly how well. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Fucking answer is you idiot liar and you'll find out. 

Ok I will answer here, what do you want to "sort out".. ..soft lad?

This fantasy world you've created where nobody in Tory marginals opposes renationalisation is one I'd like to visit. 

Maybe there should be a careerist politician from the left who should win the Labour leadership and put it to a vote. Let's see how well it would do. If only we knew exactly how that would turn out. Exactly how well. 

Bore off you bullshiting cunt.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Poll proving taking back public services is popular.

https://labourlist.org/2022/03/exclusive-majority-of-uk-backs-public-ownership-of-energy-firms-poll-shows/

Poll proving renationalising is not popular in swing seats.

Err numero?

You're so fucking stupid, man. I didn't say there was a poll proving renationalisation isn't popular in swing seats. I said some voters in swing seats are against it. Some of these seats are separated by just a few hundred votes. They're Tory seats, the Tories are against nationalisation, ergo some of the soft conservatives there will be against it. This is quite simple stuff, even for somebody as dense as you. 

I know you've got the comprehension skills of a six year old, but please try to actually read what I wrote. You either think I'm right or you think no voters in these Tory marginals are against it. You are the coward (I'm happy to meet this weekend to show you how much of a coward I am) and you are a proven liar. I said a thing that you're having trouble understanding. You're literally quoting my insult against you back at me from the other day. For a man in his 60s, you'd think you'd be beyond this. 

10 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

22% oppose from the Tories (6% from Labour), so in areas where the swing is 0.X%... 

Lies. Coward. Yadda fucking yadda. It's just so obvious. Tories gonna Tory. Why is this even being refuted? 

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Starmer rows back on public ownership but the lame excuse its all about winning doesn't hold water considering taking back energy and rail are popular with the public.

"Popular" and "affordable " and "feasible" aren't synonyms. Thought you should know.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Any costs done 2019 will be way out now. Borrowing is much more expensive and due to covid, rail use is 20-30% down depending where you are. I would imagine it is why Starmer is shying away from committing to nationalisation.