You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

On 06/03/2021 at 13:34, Gnasher said:

This is probably the next plan to ensure power for the next eternity 

Ex RN, Patriot, Leeds Utd, Labrador lover, Hate the EU, First love YORKSHIRE, 2nd Bavaria, 3rd Texas, Brexitier, I only kneel for my God and Queen, No DMs.

1xgxwy.jpg

• Upvote 2

This is what the scruffy cunt does at PMQ’s he comes out with blatant lies knowing full well that shithouse of a speaker Lindsay Hoyle unlike Bercow will do fuck all about it.But it’s the last question so as usual that’s the the one that sticks in the mind 

Labour has accused Boris Johnson of lying to MPs after he wrongly claimed Sir Keir Starmer had voted against a pay rise for NHS workers in England.

The party is calling on the PM to "correct the record" after he said Labour had voted against a 2.1% rise.

The 2.1% proposal - which has since been scrapped in favour of 1% - was approved without a vote in 2020.

Downing Street said the record had been corrected and there was no need for the PM to apologise.

During exchanges at Prime Minister's Questions, Sir Keir said: "Two years ago he made a promise to the NHS - here in black and white, his document - it commits to a minimum pay rise of 2.1%. It's being budgeted for and now it's being taken away.

"He shakes his head - his MPs voted for it. So why, after everything the NHS has done for us, is he now breaking promise after promise?"

Mr Johnson replied: "He voted against the document in question to crown the absurdity of his point."

Labour's shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth called on Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle to "get the prime minister to return to the House and correct the record".

Mr Ashworth said: "The prime minister has twice, from that dispatch box, said that the Labour opposition voted against the NHS Funding Bill and the 2.1% increase for NHS staff. This is not the case."

Sir Lindsay said Mr Ashworth's intervention was not something he would rule on but added "it is certainly a point of clarification - that part has been achieved".

Writing on Twitter later, Mr Ashworth said that Mr Johnson had "lied at PMQs" and repeated Labour's demand for a vote in Parliament on the 1% offer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56350476

Good morning Britain before and they had Angie Rayner on to talk about the government spunking billions on test and trace, but spent about 15 minutes haranguing her for putting her 200 quid airpods on expenses. 

At one point Garraway actually said: "you're criticising the government for spending billions on track and trace and yet you've spent 200 pounds on aidpods, some people at home might think that's that's little hypocritical."

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Good morning Britain before and they had Angie Rayner on to talk about the government spunking billions on test and trace, but spent about 15 minutes haranguing her for putting her 200 quid airpods on expenses. 

At one point Garraway actually said: "you're criticising the government for spending billions on track and trace and yet you've spent 200 pounds on aidpods, some people at home might think that's that's little hypocritical."

So did Hancock, and many others.

It was part of an allowance they received to work from home, rightly or wrongly. 

Should have been easily dealt with. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I remember seeing her on that James Martin cookery show a few months back and I'm not saying she was boring and self-centred but it got me thinking was it Covid that put her husband in that coma ?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I remember seeing her on that James Martin cookery show a few months back and I'm not saying she was boring and self-centred but it got me thinking was it Covid that put her husband in that coma ?

She's a poor man's Toyah Wilcox. 

I've always had the feeling Garroway would fancy me but I wouldn't fancy her, like if I went to work at GMB I'd be eyeing up Hawkins and Reid, who'd be completely uninterested, but oblivious to the attentions of Garroway who is stood behind me playing with her hair and laughing at my shit jokes. 

• Upvote 1

The one thing morgan did was ask the difficult questions. The likes of Walker and Garraway (Even see Kuntberg etc in the briefings) will ask a slightly difficult question but often its clear the question has been pre-vetted to give the impression of interrogation when the actual real difficult questions get avoided. 

Look at PMQ's. The scruffy drunk eton shagger will get asked 6 questions from Starmer, 3 from Blackford and fail to answer a single one then the first Tory MP question he will answer directly with pre-recorded fluency. 

As for Hoyle in the chair, what a waste of fucking space he is. More arsed about people not using the term "you" then telling the PM to answer the fucking question. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The one thing morgan did was ask the difficult questions. The likes of Walker and Garraway (Even see Kuntberg etc in the briefings) will ask a slightly difficult question but often its clear the question has been pre-vetted to give the impression of interrogation when the actual real difficult questions get avoided. 

Look at PMQ's. The scruffy drunk eton shagger will get asked 6 questions from Starmer, 3 from Blackford and fail to answer a single one then the first Tory MP question he will answer directly with pre-recorded fluency. 

As for Hoyle in the chair, what a waste of fucking space he is. More arsed about people not using the term "you" then telling the PM to answer the fucking question. 

I said a while back I was a bit baffled why so many Tories voted for Hoyle over their own candidate , I am not baffled anymore.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I said a while back I was a bit baffled why so many Tories voted for Hoyle over their own candidate , I am not baffled anymore.

DM comments section and tory twitter was going mad calling it a "liberal coup" needless to say they don't mention the cunt now 

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Guess he forgot to mention where he stuck his penis .Then again he’d know all about perversion .

Allegedly 

SUSIE Henderson, who has waived her right to anonymity, claims she suffered appalling abuse at the hands of Sir Nicholas Fairbairn.

A woman has claimed she was raped at the age of four by a senior Tory MP who was one of Margaret Thatcher’s closest allies

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/real-life/raped-aged-4-scots-tory-4047789

What new depth can we plumb today...

Oh.

'No 10 claims PM does not need to apologise for misleading MPs - because his words did not mean what people thought

Today’s Downing Street lobby briefing was another classic for those interested in the extent to which Boris Johnson, and his aides, will do almost anything rather than admit that he has made a mistake.

At PMQs yesterday, after Sir Keir Starmer waved a copy of the NHS funding bill that envisaged a 2.1% pay rise of staff this year, Boris Johnson said that Labour had voted against it. This was untrue, as Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary, told MPs later, but at the subsequent lobby briefing No 10 refused to directly admit that the PM had made a mistake.

This morning Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Commons Speaker, said it would be “dishonourable” for Johnson not to correct the record. (See 1.09am.)

But now No 10 is saying there is no need to the PM to correct the record - because in fact he was referring to Labour voting against the Queen’s speech, and so he was right all along. Allegra Stratton, the PM’s press secretary, said:

The prime minister was referring to Labour voting against the Queen’s speech in January of last year.

When it was pointed out that in the Commons yesterday Johnson said that Labour had voted against the “document” that Starmer was holding in his hand, Stratton said Labour’s vote against the Queen’s speech was “the basis” for the point Johnson made.

Asked why she had not said this yesterday, she said she had not had time to speak to Johnson between PMQs and the start of yesterday’s lobby briefing. She did not explain why, if Johnson’s account is accurate, there was no attempt to explain that to journalists later in the day.

This new line means Johnson won’t be apologising for misleading MPs, or correcting the record, because he has decided he was right all along.

It is fair to say not every journalist listening to the call found today’s explanation 100% convincing.'

So that's that cleared up then, the official propaganda arm says we just all, collectively, didn't understand our dear leaders brilliant mind.

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

What new depth can we plumb today...

Oh.

'No 10 claims PM does not need to apologise for misleading MPs - because his words did not mean what people thought

Today’s Downing Street lobby briefing was another classic for those interested in the extent to which Boris Johnson, and his aides, will do almost anything rather than admit that he has made a mistake.

At PMQs yesterday, after Sir Keir Starmer waved a copy of the NHS funding bill that envisaged a 2.1% pay rise of staff this year, Boris Johnson said that Labour had voted against it. This was untrue, as Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary, told MPs later, but at the subsequent lobby briefing No 10 refused to directly admit that the PM had made a mistake.

This morning Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Commons Speaker, said it would be “dishonourable” for Johnson not to correct the record. (See 1.09am.)

But now No 10 is saying there is no need to the PM to correct the record - because in fact he was referring to Labour voting against the Queen’s speech, and so he was right all along. Allegra Stratton, the PM’s press secretary, said:

The prime minister was referring to Labour voting against the Queen’s speech in January of last year.

When it was pointed out that in the Commons yesterday Johnson said that Labour had voted against the “document” that Starmer was holding in his hand, Stratton said Labour’s vote against the Queen’s speech was “the basis” for the point Johnson made.

Asked why she had not said this yesterday, she said she had not had time to speak to Johnson between PMQs and the start of yesterday’s lobby briefing. She did not explain why, if Johnson’s account is accurate, there was no attempt to explain that to journalists later in the day.

This new line means Johnson won’t be apologising for misleading MPs, or correcting the record, because he has decided he was right all along.

It is fair to say not every journalist listening to the call found today’s explanation 100% convincing.'

So that's that cleared up then, the official propaganda arm says we just all, collectively, didn't understand our dear leaders brilliant mind.

Allegra Stratton is definitely one for the smarmy faces thread..

allegrastratton1201a-0.jpg?width=1200