You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Good morning Britain before and they had Angie Rayner on to talk about the government spunking billions on test and trace, but spent about 15 minutes haranguing her for putting her 200 quid airpods on expenses. 

At one point Garraway actually said: "you're criticising the government for spending billions on track and trace and yet you've spent 200 pounds on aidpods, some people at home might think that's that's little hypocritical."

Wer'nt you one of the ones crowing over the departure of Morgan a day or so ago? The old adage careful what you wish for springs to mind. Morgan is undoubtedly a self centred cunt but now wer'e left with airhead tv. 

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

What new depth can we plumb today...

Oh.

'No 10 claims PM does not need to apologise for misleading MPs - because his words did not mean what people thought

Today’s Downing Street lobby briefing was another classic for those interested in the extent to which Boris Johnson, and his aides, will do almost anything rather than admit that he has made a mistake.

At PMQs yesterday, after Sir Keir Starmer waved a copy of the NHS funding bill that envisaged a 2.1% pay rise of staff this year, Boris Johnson said that Labour had voted against it. This was untrue, as Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary, told MPs later, but at the subsequent lobby briefing No 10 refused to directly admit that the PM had made a mistake.

This morning Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Commons Speaker, said it would be “dishonourable” for Johnson not to correct the record. (See 1.09am.)

But now No 10 is saying there is no need to the PM to correct the record - because in fact he was referring to Labour voting against the Queen’s speech, and so he was right all along. Allegra Stratton, the PM’s press secretary, said:

The prime minister was referring to Labour voting against the Queen’s speech in January of last year.

When it was pointed out that in the Commons yesterday Johnson said that Labour had voted against the “document” that Starmer was holding in his hand, Stratton said Labour’s vote against the Queen’s speech was “the basis” for the point Johnson made.

Asked why she had not said this yesterday, she said she had not had time to speak to Johnson between PMQs and the start of yesterday’s lobby briefing. She did not explain why, if Johnson’s account is accurate, there was no attempt to explain that to journalists later in the day.

This new line means Johnson won’t be apologising for misleading MPs, or correcting the record, because he has decided he was right all along.

It is fair to say not every journalist listening to the call found today’s explanation 100% convincing.'

So that's that cleared up then, the official propaganda arm says we just all, collectively, didn't understand our dear leaders brilliant mind.

The PM and Tories have decided, nothing to see here, move along. No doubt the usual will all fall into line. 

They get away with it, because they are allowed too.

19 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The PM and Tories have decided, nothing to see here, move along. No doubt the usual will all fall into line. 

They get away with it, because they are allowed too.

'We' just don't see what 'they' see.

The propaganda room is a fucking disgrace, the vaccine movie is a fucking disgrace, the fact they are gaslighting a nation is a fucking disgrace.

They are completely shameless, amoral chancers, but they know what they are doing.

There is too much noise, too much volume and people need it dialled down, not up and that's what the next raft of Murdock filth and GB news will bring.

I was speaking to three, resonably, intelligent people today all with at least a degree to their name, in one case a masters degree from UCL. Any way talk got to vaccines and I said just fire them all in to me so I can start gettting my life back. Thier reply, in unison, 'We don't want the vaccine, it causes infertility, it's not been tested properly etc' I tore them a new arsehole, figuratively.

Now i don't know what they see, or where they are getting their news from, but something has gone very, very fucking wrong with peoples ability to process bullshit and filter critically as the stuff they are talikng about is literaly made up nonsense.

The Tories get away with it because people have lost the ability to, or more pressingly the will to, think or care. Maybe it's the pandemic, but I think it's deeper than that, a more profound malaise, borne of being bludgened by 'news' and misinformation for years to the point where people have just reached saturation point.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The propaganda room is a fucking disgrace, the vaccine movie is a fucking disgrace, the fact they are gaslighting a nation is a fucking disgrace.

They are completely shameless, amoral chancers, but they know what they are doing.

There is too much noise, too much volume and people need it dialled down, not up and that's what the next raft of Murdock filth and GB news will bring.

I was speaking to three, resonably, intelligent people today all with at least a degree to their name, in one case a masters degree from UCL. Any way talk got to vaccines and I said just fire them all in to me so I can start gettting my life back. Thier reply, in unison, 'We don't want the vaccine, it causes infertility, it's not been tested properly etc' I tore them a new arsehole, figuratively.

Now i don't know what they see, or where they are getting their news from, but something has gone very, very fucking wrong with peoples ability to process bullshit and filter critically as the stuff they are talikng about is literaly made up nonsense.

The Tories get away with it because people have lost the ability to, or more pressingly the will to, think or care. Maybe it's the pandemic, but I think it's deeper than that, a more profound malaise, borne of being bludgened by 'news' and misinformation for years to the point where people have just reached saturation point.

I think it’s also the tribal nature of many people in this country. They've picked a side, so they're quite prepared to ignore alot of shit rather than admit they were wrong.

Ironically, I don't think Labour will need to do much to regain many northern votes, since people voted for Brexit rather than a sudden fondness for the Tories. I say not alot - Starmer seems to be going out of his way to appeal to no one.

22 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I think it’s also the tribal nature of many people in this country. They've picked a side, so they're quite prepared to ignore alot of shit rather than admit they were wrong.

Ironically, I don't think Labour will need to do much to regain many northern votes, since people voted for Brexit rather than a sudden fondness for the Tories. I say not alot - Starmer seems to be going out of his way to appeal to no one.

Although correct in general Starmer does seem to be going out of his way to woo cunts like Frances fucking Barber 

In some ways it's good that some of these pissed up old thespians have found Twitter. Barber is the type of cunt on seeing her self indulgent shit play open to a half empty hall blame a pothole outside the theatre and then proceed to make a dozen of phone calls a day to some innocent girl at the local council threatening to have her sacked if the road remains unrepaired.

Ie. The loon was on twitter last night using that poor girls death as an excuse to criticise Sadiq Khan by complaining about imaginary bollards instalked by the GLC stopping her imaginary friend getting home safe.

Here she is.. 

Reading between the lines, what I can gather from the Frances Barber outbursts last night is London can once again quite easily be a safe place for all women to walk in freedom of violence which is obviously good news. It just needs to get rid of the Muslim.

Cant wait for the day the likes of her, Oberman, Reilly and that nice Dottie from the BT advert are back in the Labour party.

43 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

That Sadiq Khan's a right fucking sort, because I don't live in London I dont realise how bad he is. Apparently he's somehow made the side streets of London unattainable to predestinations so forcing women into the hands of their captives.

I just had a look for these small streets the Mayor has apparently cut off and I think shes talking about closing some roads from cars to encourage cycling, clean air etc. Some Londoners might say a long overdue policy but Barber seems to be  trying her best to put the death of that poor girl at the feet of Sadiq Khan, however tenuous the link.

I'm no fan of Khan myself but fucking hell what the fuck is wrong with these people?

A few of them are already using this tragedy to point score. Even the Tory candidate for Mayor jumped on it a few days ago. They have no shame whatsoever.

Aren't bollards in place around London to stop terrorist attacks? I know there are a lot to help reduce traffic congestion but plenty have been and are currently being put in to stop trucks hurtling down areas with outdoor bars and cafes. Call me cynical but I doubt her friend is disabled, had to walk 15 minutes or had to even get out of the cab and its likely doesn't even exist. 

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A few of them are already using this tragedy to point score. Even the Tory candidate for Mayor jumped on it a few days ago. They have no shame whatsoever.

Aren't bollards in place around London to stop terrorist attacks? I know there are a lot to help reduce traffic congestion but plenty have been and are currently being put in to stop trucks hurtling down areas with outdoor bars and cafes. Call me cynical but I doubt her friend is disabled, had to walk 15 minutes or had to even get out of the cab and its likely doesn't even exist. 

Her fucking imaginary disabled mate is probably as genuine as this..

On 11/03/2021 at 07:59, Section_31 said:

Good morning Britain before and they had Angie Rayner on to talk about the government spunking billions on test and trace, but spent about 15 minutes haranguing her for putting her 200 quid airpods on expenses. 

At one point Garraway actually said: "you're criticising the government for spending billions on track and trace and yet you've spent 200 pounds on aidpods, some people at home might think that's that's little hypocritical."

The Woodward and Bernstein of morning telly will rip this guy a new one if he rocks up on their show 

Southampton MP Royston Smith charge the taxpayer £1 for his car parking during a visit to a food bank in November last year

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-branded-callous-after-23701526.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

The Woodward and Bernstein of morning telly will rip this guy a new one if he rocks up on their show 

Southampton MP Royston Smith charge the taxpayer £1 for his car parking during a visit to a food bank in November last year

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-branded-callous-after-23701526.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

The MPs expenses thing is really sinister (not the original story a few years ago, much of that was taking the piss) but now it's part of a pretty shady narrative to undermine people's faith in the system itself, but not the government and its leaders.

I think its designed to make Joe public think they're all the same, that the system itself is bent with these soundbite stories so there's no point voting or valuing party politics as a way to realistically change your fate, yet they're never prompted to question the dubious tax affairs of people like Rees Mogg, ths Oligarch circle jerks of Jenrick, the list goes on and on.

Ask yourself why people like Nick Ferrari and Iain Dale are likely to make far more hay out of these stories than the James O Briens or the Paul Masons.

It's incredible how easily we've been beaten by these people, dumbed down and brow beaten into gratefully accepting our lumps.

But then, we're a society who'd stand on the cliffs of dover waving Union Jacks and cheer as a migrant dinghi with kids on gets chased away by HMS Cuntflaps, yet not bat an eyelid as Johnson puts one of his mates, the actual son of the KGB bureau chief for London, into the actual fucking House of Lords. 

It's like a comedy in a sense, a Channel 5 one. I want to find the remote but the Daily Express have taken it off me and replaced it with a free Charles and Camilla mug. Or your money back.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I think its designed to make Joe public think they're all the same, that the system itself is bent with these soundbite stories so there's no point voting or valuing party politics as a way to realistically change your fate

Excellent post; especially this point.

People are left with the idea that claiming for ear-buds is the moral equivalent of funnelling an amount equivalent to 1/3 of the NHS annual budget to your mates. It helps to keep turnouts low and it helps those in power to avoid accountability. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/03/2021 at 20:13, Bruce Spanner said:

Was speaking to the same people today and I nearly fucking lost it with them.

They were talking about something and one of them said something along the lines of 'Well our recovery is one of the best in the world' and naturally whilst cramming a supermartet sandwich in to my gob on a rushed lunch break I wanted to engage in converstation.

Them 'Yes, our economy is recovering better than most others in the world, only India is doing better'

Me 'That's patently untrue we have one of the worst economic responses and reactions in the world, we're not looking to get to pre pandemic levels for years and once you factor in the Brexit shambles it might be even worse. Look at the IMF, IFS, ONS and god knows who many others. What you said is in no way true'

T 'They would say that, they want us to think that so they can put taxes up, but really we're doing really well'

M 'But they are independant bodies, they are impartial and have no reason to lie'

T 'Don't they?'

M 'No, they don't, what you're seeing is propaganda and misinformation which bears no relation to reality. The Tories have tanked the economy and have no plan on how to fix it'

T 'But they got the vaccine roll out right!'

M 'You are refusing the vaccine you thick cunts'

*Bruce exits stage left.

If they believe this shit I genuinely fear what really fucking thick people are thinking.

• Upvote 2