You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Philtrum said:

6378397385_f44afb073d_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

If that is in Berlin it looks a decent enough area. Rico won't dare meet up though (although I'm hoping he does), just a gobshyte. I won't punch you though Rico, just inquisitive to find out if you are such a bell end when faced with reality. I'll 100% meet up for a pint to find out, Berlin is only a 3 hour drive from me and I have friends who would put me up. 

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Is that Leonardo Cecchi the same as this one?

Presumably I'm overlooking his scientific and medical credentials.

It's like debating with a infant. 

We are pitching the Uk Government's advice and actions (which may turn out to be the best option) against the world's responses. These other countries are relying on top medical and scientific advice and they may turn out to be wrong.

I like the top worlds scientist and medical advisers who value all life, against the UK which seems to be a bit like Animal Farm and sending Boxer to the glue factory. But again, the rest of the world could be wrong. 

Just now, Philtrum said:

We are pitching the Uk Government's advice and actions (which may turn out to be the best option) against the world's responses. These other countries are relying on top medical and scientific advice and they may turn out to be wrong.

Cecchi only got his degree when he was 21. The intellectual lightweight! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

This is the nature of scientific advice in unchartered territory.

Perhaps I just feel that, having spent the past 4 years criticising the government for ignoring its experts, it would be remiss of me to begin criticising it for listening to them. I'll leave that sort of inconsistency to those with an agenda.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This is the nature of scientific advice in unchartered territory.

Perhaps I just feel that, having spent the past 4 years criticising the government for ignoring its experts, it would be remiss of me to begin criticising it for listening to them. I'll leave that sort of inconsistency to those with an agenda.

When the scientific world and the medical world, along with long established methods go against what the UK are doing it might be best to forget politics.

Because I live in the Uk I obviously hope to god that what we are doing is right. If anyone has family that are in the vulnerable range then god help them.

• Upvote 1

Morrison's was absolute carnage this morning, loads of empty shelves, no pasta or rice, biscuits down to a few packets, frozen aisle really sparse. Hopefully it'll get a little better from now on, there's going to be an awful lot of people sitting around looking at their piles of stuff and wondering what the fuck they're going to do with it all.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Morrison's was absolute carnage this morning, loads of empty shelves, no pasta or rice, biscuits down to a few packets, frozen aisle really sparse. Hopefully it'll get a little better from now on, there's going to be an awful lot of people sitting around looking at their piles of stuff and wondering what the fuck they're going to do with it all.

I was thinking, toilet roll fort. 

5fcd1cf18dbc9b1cf0c36eb0dfd2f9e1.jpg&f=1

My Sainsbury's online order arrive last night, it was decimated with not available. I only ordered normal stuff, nothing panic and zero toilet roll or pasta. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha you fucking crank.  Why would I do that?  Plus, they don’t let your sort in. 

You'd be surprised, although once again you use this 'I'm better than you' attitude. You are a no nothing cunt who thinks he's important. Although you are just shitting out because you realise it wouldn't end well for you. I will 100% meet up with you, if I don't then I'll bin my account on here. The ball is in your court lad. If you don't want to meet up then fine, plus as I have said, I won't punch you. I'd just like to meet the personality behind the poster and see if you are the real deal close up, I doubt you are though. Didn't you quote me a few weeks ago wishing that ill fortune befell me? You did, if the boot was on the other foot you'd be chewing your bone for days on end. Let's face it, you're a fucking dick head who'd never have the balls to meet up with me. Safer to hide behind your keyboard pal. By the way, I'm not a violent person in real life as most people give me a wide berth, I'd make an exception for you though, but only if you came across in real life as you do on here, which i reckon isn't the case. So either PM me your hotel address when you visit or slide back into your online mediocrity. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It is all down to supply chains mate, panic buying means that shops need to order more, but that takes time and certain counties are hanging onto goods for their own people. An Irish lad I know is a manager in a supermarket over here and he says things are going to get a whole lot worse. 

3 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

I was thinking, toilet roll fort. 

5fcd1cf18dbc9b1cf0c36eb0dfd2f9e1.jpg&f=1

My Sainsbury's online order arrive last night, it was decimated with not available. I only ordered normal stuff, nothing panic and zero toilet roll or pasta. 

Nice, I'm thinking of building a tank out of sardine and bean cans, A Team style.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

WHO questions UK response to coronavirus

World Health Organization spokeswoman Margaret Harris has questioned the UK’s approach to developing “herd immunity” against Covid-19.

Dr Harris told BBC Radio 4’s Today: “We don’t know enough about the science of this virus, it hasn’t been in our population for long enough for us to know what it does in immunological terms.

“Every virus functions differently in your body and stimulates a different immunological profile. We can talk theories, but at the moment we are really facing a situation where we have got to look at action.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-live-updates-uk-us-australia-italy-europe-school-shutdown-sport-events-cancelled-latest-update-news?page=with:block-5e6c9e8a8f085c6327bbfcb8#block-5e6c9e8a8f085c6327bbfcb8

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Was all that last night and today just a ploy so you and Rico can get a room?

No, I seriously want to meet up with him, but we all know he hasn't got the balls. Pity, I could show him all the decent places to visit in Berlin. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

It is all down to supply chains mate, panic buying means that shops need to order more, but that takes time and certain counties are hanging onto goods for their own people. An Irish lad I know is a manager in a supermarket over here and he says things are going to get a whole lot worse. 

To be fair, Morrison's hasn't been too bad for the last few weeks, aside from a run on handwash, it was well stocked and had loads of bog roll and household cleaners. People's arses seem to have gone now though.

It's very insidious too- walking around seeing that stuff isn't available, it's quite hard not to flip out a bit and buy loads of other stuff just to 'make up' for it. I got back and wondered why the fuck I'd bought a couple of tins of ham...

There's got to reach a point where people have stockpiled that much stuff that they don't need to buy anymore, therefore allowing the rest of society to be able to buy a 6 pack of Andrex. 

However, I see the accumulation of bog roll could get into people's heads like money does to rich people. They don't need any more but they want as much as they can logistically handle.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

There's got to reach a point where people have stockpiled that much stuff that they don't need to buy anymore, therefore allowing the rest of society to be able to buy a 6 pack of Andrex. 

However, I see the accumulation of bog roll could get into people's heads like money does to rich people. They don't need any more but they want as much as they can logistically handle.

Or sell for a profit. 

VLb7Ylg.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1