Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1305 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Pushing it in the Mail now, though he hasn’t tweeted the article himself like he usually does. Probably because he knows he’ll get a load of shit for it. 
 

And also trying to now say he doesn’t want to de-prioritise existing groups but do teachers alongside them. He knows full well there isn’t enough vaccine to do both. 
 

 

What a pile of bollocks from Kate Green. If you have made an evaluation that giving the vaccine to teachers is the better way then explain why and back yourselves and stop being so cowardly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonkers. Vaccinating teachers doesn't remove the threat that schools pose, the threat is from children mixing. There's some focus group shittery behind this no doubt.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bonkers. Vaccinating teachers doesn't remove the threat that schools pose, the threat is from children mixing. There's some focus group shittery behind this no doubt.

Get back to work plebs

905362.jpg?display=1&htype=100000&type=r

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Get back to work plebs

905362.jpg?display=1&htype=100000&type=r

To be fair, I've been after a plasterer for months, so I'm all in. 

 

In all seriousness though if anyone doesn't think for a minute the school thing is about education and not child minding, they're kidding themselves. It's all about child minding, although it seems to some extent that's happening anyway. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

My brother has just tested positive for it. Went for a symptomatic test as he had a cough and a temperature. His kids had been in school as the school themselves suggested it'd be a good idea to keep them in some sort of routine after their mum recently passing away. His lad has been off for the past few days as he was quarantined as somebody in his class tested positive. I imagine that my brother has likely caught it through all that. 

 

Mad. He seems in good spirits though, so let's hope it doesn't effect him too much. 

Fingers crossed for him mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bonkers. Vaccinating teachers doesn't remove the threat that schools pose, the threat is from children mixing. There's some focus group shittery behind this no doubt.

Labour have had a nightmare over schools during this. First we had ‘no ifs, no buts’ to get them back in September, then he’s calling for them to be closed just a month ago and he was also saying nurseries should be closed within the last fortnight! And now he wants to open them again before we’ve vaccinated all the vulnerable groups. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Labour have had a nightmare over schools during this. First we had ‘no ifs, no buts’ to get them back in September, then he’s calling for them to be closed just a month ago and he was also saying nurseries should be closed within the last fortnight! And now he wants to open them again before we’ve vaccinated all the vulnerable groups. 
 

 

Worra dick, absolutely fallen into a trap there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

She's gone out again. Lockdown and isolation is clearly only for suckers. 

 

Anyway, you'll have to excuse me, I'm quite busy today...

image.png

Report her to the police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any legal eagles on here? It doesn't affect me personally but the driver training industry is headed up by the largest companies (BSM and The AA) and they operate a business to business contract with a fixed term of 24 months. Some people are further into their contracts than others but these companies are forcing their contracts to continue to be paid for. This can be over £1,000 per month easily in some cases.

 

Under consumer law, a contract can become 'frustrated' if circumstances mean that either side of a contract is unable to continue to provide the service paid for due to changes enforced upon them. With the Covid-19 lockdown laws preventing driver trainers from working, that means they are unable to generate an income from the service provided by The AA or BSM but they are still expected to pay them.

 

Is there a law that protects business to business contracts in the same manner as business to consumer contracts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Labour have had a nightmare over schools during this. First we had ‘no ifs, no buts’ to get them back in September, then he’s calling for them to be closed just a month ago and he was also saying nurseries should be closed within the last fortnight! And now he wants to open them again before we’ve vaccinated all the vulnerable groups. 
 

 

To be fair, it was not unreasonable to assume there may have been an adequate test and trace programme to go alongside it. That is the biggest failing of this whole pandemic - along with the correct rules to go with adequate test and trace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be fair, it was not unreasonable to assume there may have been an adequate test and trace programme to go alongside it. That is the biggest failing of this whole pandemic - along with the correct rules to go with adequate test and trace. 

You’re right of course that Track and Trace has been a shitshow, but Starmer should be aware of the Tory fuckups and not call for schools to go back until he knows it’s up and running and working well. 
 

He’s been banging the drum for months about Johnson not following the science and now he wants to ignore the JCVI recommendations and bump teachers up with the aim of opening schools quicker when he must know it’ll increase the spread in the community and cause more illness and deaths. 
 

The fact he’s calling for this mere weeks after asking for schools and nurseries to close doesn’t sit well with me. 
 

Also, does anyone else’s autocorrect try and change ‘fuckups’ to ‘Duckula’ or is that just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be fair, it was not unreasonable to assume there may have been an adequate test and trace programme to go alongside it. That is the biggest failing of this whole pandemic - along with the correct rules to go with adequate test and trace. 

It's not even hypothetical - you only have to look at how New Zealand (and others) have approached this to see how it could be done.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

You’re right of course that Track and Trace has been a shitshow, but Starmer should be aware of the Tory fuckups and not call for schools to go back until he knows it’s up and running and working well. 
 

He’s been banging the drum for months about Johnson not following the science and now he wants to ignore the JCVI recommendations and bump teachers up with the aim of opening schools quicker when he must know it’ll increase the spread in the community and cause more illness and deaths. 
 

The fact he’s calling for this mere weeks after asking for schools and nurseries to close doesn’t sit well with me. 
 

Also, does anyone else’s autocorrect try and change ‘fuckups’ to ‘Duckula’ or is that just me?

So I don't get why they're making immunising teachers a hill to die on to be honest. 

 

As for the "he shouldn't have called for the schools go back until it was shown there was a good test and trace", the government said it was world leading! Yes, it proved not to be, but how else do we prove that without using it? The schools going back was what proved the system inadequate - and starmer couldn't have possibly known they're hired it full of students who promptly returned to uni a week after schools reopened. Starmer's position in August was absolutely spot on, it's not his fault this government fucked it up. 

 

And no spell check thing for me..that may be a reflection of how often I type fuckups (although strangely then I types an "o" and not a "p" and it spell checked to dickheads!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So I don't get why they're making immunising teachers a hill to die on to be honest. 

 

As for the "he shouldn't have called for the schools go back until it was shown there was a good test and trace", the government said it was world leading! Yes, it proved not to be, but how else do we prove that without using it? The schools going back was what proved the system inadequate - and starmer couldn't have possibly known they're hired it full of students who promptly returned to uni a week after schools reopened. Starmer's position in August was absolutely spot on, it's not his fault this government fucked it up. 

 

And no spell check thing for me..that may be a reflection of how often I type fuckups (although strangely then I types an "o" and not a "p" and it spell checked to dickheads!)

I don’t agree, he should have called for a  very cautious reopening with a staggered return, much better safety measures in schools, maybe even one week in one week off at first, instead there was a rush to completely open them with barely any measures such as masks and he played a key role in that happening. ‘No ifs, no buts’. I think he was wrong then, and he’s making the same mistake now. 
 

Around that time they were also threatening people would lose their jobs if they didn’t return to the office, eat out to help out and all kinds of shit in addition to wanting schools fully open. 
 

In fact I think one of the worst things about this whole thing is that politicians of all stripes keep on setting an arbitrary date for things to reopen rather than being guided by the data on when the right time should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t agree, he should have called for a  very cautious reopening with a staggered return, much better safety measures in schools, maybe even one week in one week off at first, instead there was a rush to completely open them with barely any measures such as masks and he played a key role in that happening. ‘No ifs, no buts’. I think he was wrong then, and he’s making the same mistake now. 
 

Around that time they were also threatening people would lose their jobs if they didn’t return to the office, eat out to help out and all kinds of shit in addition to wanting schools fully open. 
 

In fact I think one of the worst things about this whole thing is that politicians of all stripes keep on setting an arbitrary date for things to reopen rather than being guided by the data on when the right time should be.

Personally I don't think politicians are in any way qualified to be responsible for the effects of a global pandemic. It seems to me the countries who did the best almost certainly made decisions based on good scientific reasoning rather than political reasoning.

 

Politics normally results in slopy shoulders where no-one makes decisions for fear of getting it wrong, setting up blame games for those decisions or getting to the point where there is no choice but to do the only option left. Just imagine if politics was used for making decisions in every day life. It simply wouldn't work.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t agree, he should have called for a  very cautious reopening with a staggered return, much better safety measures in schools, maybe even one week in one week off at first, instead there was a rush to completely open them with barely any measures such as masks and he played a key role in that happening. ‘No ifs, no buts’. I think he was wrong then, and he’s making the same mistake now. 
 

Around that time they were also threatening people would lose their jobs if they didn’t return to the office, eat out to help out and all kinds of shit in addition to wanting schools fully open. 
 

In fact I think one of the worst things about this whole thing is that politicians of all stripes keep on setting an arbitrary date for things to reopen rather than being guided by the data on when the right time should be.

As I say, I don't understand what he's doing now. But after 6 months out of school it was not unreasonable for him to expect the government to get it right. I don't disagree they maybe should have staggered it, reduced class sizes (maybe a week at home a week in school or whatever), but the bottom line is it wasn't unreasonable to expect all of those measures to be in place. Litterally everything stopped in the summer and that's not starmer's fault, it's Johnson and his shower of cunts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

As I say, I don't understand what he's doing now. But after 6 months out of school it was not unreasonable for him to expect the government to get it right. I don't disagree they maybe should have staggered it, reduced class sizes (maybe a week at home a week in school or whatever), but the bottom line is it wasn't unreasonable to expect all of those measures to be in place. Litterally everything stopped in the summer and that's not starmer's fault, it's Johnson and his shower of cunts. 

Everyone knew the appropriate safety measures weren’t in place and if Starmer didn’t then he should have. 
 

Rather than focusing on safety in schools (not saying he didn’t mention it at all) he pushed this ‘no ifs, no buts I demand they open’ line which gave the government cover to reopen schools without the necessary measures in place imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best mate’s father-in-law passed away from Covid last night, devastated for his wife and kids. He’d been in hospital with it for just over three weeks and seemed to be getting better, but his oxygen levels dropped a few days ago and he was taken back into ICU. He was put in an induced coma yesterday as he had pneumonia, and his wife got a call last night telling her and her daughter to come to the hospital as he had a blood clot on his lung that was causing problems with his heart and he wasn’t expected to see out the night. He was only 70 and they discovered he had COPD when he was first admitted to hospital, but he was hardly on deaths door.
 

I’m gutted myself as I knew the fella really well as he used to come with me and my mate to watch Runcorn play (my mate is a massive blue so the non-league is the only way we can watch footy together). 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

My best mate’s father-in-law passed away from Covid last night, devastated for his wife and kids. He’d been in hospital with it for just over three weeks and seemed to be getting better, but his oxygen levels dropped a few days ago and he was taken back into ICU. He was put in an induced coma yesterday as he had pneumonia, and his wife got a call last night telling her and her daughter to come to the hospital as he had a blood clot on his lung that was causing problems with his heart and he wasn’t expected to see out the night. He was only 70 and they discovered he had COPD when he was first admitted to hospital, but he was hardly on deaths door.
 

I’m gutted myself as I knew the fella really well as he used to come with me and my mate to watch Runcorn play (my mate is a massive blue so the non-league is the only way we can watch footy together). 

Sorry to hear this, mate. It’s just absolutely heartbreaking.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

My best mate’s father-in-law passed away from Covid last night, devastated for his wife and kids. He’d been in hospital with it for just over three weeks and seemed to be getting better, but his oxygen levels dropped a few days ago and he was taken back into ICU. He was put in an induced coma yesterday as he had pneumonia, and his wife got a call last night telling her and her daughter to come to the hospital as he had a blood clot on his lung that was causing problems with his heart and he wasn’t expected to see out the night. He was only 70 and they discovered he had COPD when he was first admitted to hospital, but he was hardly on deaths door.
 

I’m gutted myself as I knew the fella really well as he used to come with me and my mate to watch Runcorn play (my mate is a massive blue so the non-league is the only way we can watch footy together). 

Really sorry to hear this, it’s a horrid disease.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

With the worst possible irony Major Tom is hooked to machines with it and not looking good.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9207467/Captain-Tom-Moore-admitted-hospital-testing-positive-Covid-family-reveal.html

I swear to god there's some kind of malevolent intelligence pulling the strings of this fucking virus. What next, Japan to ban all foreign visitors for the next 10 years? Scientists discover it makes blonde women's breasts smaller? Cunt virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Everyone knew the appropriate safety measures weren’t in place and if Starmer didn’t then he should have. 
 

Rather than focusing on safety in schools (not saying he didn’t mention it at all) he pushed this ‘no ifs, no buts I demand they open’ line which gave the government cover to reopen schools without the necessary measures in place imo. 

Maybe he is trying to win the teachers round as he refused to back them when they had serious health and safety doubts sarly in the piece. Allegedly the main reason he got rid of Rebecca Long Bailey who was on the teachers side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Maybe he is trying to win the teachers round as he refused to back them when they had serious health and safety doubts sarly in the piece. Allegedly the main reason he got rid of Rebecca Long Bailey who was on the teachers side.

Nah more the middle class housewives whose rugrats are getting in the way of their careers and vino.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×