You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

20 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

785BA886-420C-4A2C-BB62-59629AF90594.png

Seen that on the news this morning before I left for work. My outrage wasn't that it happened as it was totally predictable. Fucking scruffy OOT students, but that was convieniently overlooked in favour of a good old stick the boot in on Liverpool.

52 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Weren't capita building that new Royal which is three years overdue? Or carrilian or something? Can't beat a bit of private sector love.

No mate, it was Carillion. Fucking scandalous what happened. 

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Seen that on the news this morning before I left for work. My outrage wasn't that it happened as it was totally predictable. Fucking scruffy OOT students, but that was convieniently overlooked in favour of a good old stick the boot in on Liverpool.

No mate, it was Carillion. Fucking scandalous what happened. 

Was that the stuff about the world heritage status being jeopardised? 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Was that the stuff about the world heritage status being jeopardised? 

Not that I'm aware of. I was flicking between sky and ITV and they were both reveling in it being footage from Liverpool while totally ignoring the huge chance it was mainly students.

Johnson must have been creaming himself.

What a shit illness. It really does make you go through the ringer. My dad has flipped between looking like he was getting better and then getting poorly again.

They stuck him on an intubator last week to do his breathing for him. I come to terms with that being it for him. Was gutted that he was in an induced coma and just wanted him to go out able to dream weirdly. Was gutted that you werent able to dream in this induced coma and thought, from his perspective anyway, that was his life done.

Then they woke him up and was doing well and was made up for him. The nurses said he was doing better but then they said today that they cannot keep giving him oxygen indefinitely and may have to stop. Thinking about a tracheotomy for him to clear mucus and making a decision tomorrow. 

Apparently he is up in the bed now giving the nurses the thumbs up and that but they dunno if they can do anything. Heart breaking that he seems to be trying to convince them he is ok. He must be terified. Part of me wishes he stayed in the coma now.

Absolutely shite illness.

• Upvote 26

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

What a shit illness. It really does make you go through the ringer. My dad has flipped between looking like he was getting better and then getting poorly again.

They stuck him on an intubator last week to do his breathing for him. I come to terms with that being it for him. Was gutted that he was in an induced coma and just wanted him to go out able to dream weirdly. Was gutted that you werent able to dream in this induced coma and thought, from his perspective anyway, that was his life done.

Then they woke him up and was doing well and was made up for him. The nurses said he was doing better but then they said today that they cannot keep giving him oxygen indefinitely and may have to stop. Thinking about a tracheotomy for him to clear mucus and making a decision tomorrow. 

Apparently he is up in the bed now giving the nurses the thumbs up and that but they dunno if they can do anything. Heart breaking that he seems to be trying to convince them he is ok. He must be terified. Part of me wishes he stayed in the coma now.

Arr mate sending my best wishes to him. 

26 minutes ago, John102 said:

That's awful. My best wishes and regards to him and you.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

That’s our World Class app you’re talking about. WORLD. CLASS.

After 20 hours, they've got the alert level right. Now that is world class. Just 20 hScreenshot_20201014-203028.jpgours. 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Plus the volume of old aged persons infected, it's scary high in Liverpool.  Not sure what it is in Nottingham

I reckon that's because unlike most cities our oldies are out on the ale in town and mixing often with students. 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Was speculating how many of these outbreaks are centred around university towns, specifically ones where the campus/halls are mainly based in city centres.  Unsure how far the correlation goes, but it was interesting looking them up.

Was particularly surprised that Nottingham was at 880 per 100k by the latest data, haven't heard nearly as much about them as Liverpool...

I said last week or two that the numbers over here were mainly student driven. Leiden numbers moved massively when they arrived/came back. It's a big Dutch student town. Spybee dismissed it but it seems to be getting replicated in the UK as well. 

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Ah mate, no words. Good luck. 

7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I said last week or two that the numbers over here were mainly student driven. Leiden numbers moved massively when they arrived/came back. It's a big Dutch student town. Spybee dismissed it but it seems to be getting replicated in the UK as well. 

The stats show infections increasing in all age groups concomitantly. That is not consistent with the assertion that it's being driven by young people. 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

The stats show infections increasing in all age groups concomitantly. That is not consistent with the assertion that it's being driven by young people. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-07/covid-19-how-much-are-students-driving-the-surge-in-uk-cases-this-is-what-the-data-shows

I mean they aren't dying if you want to link that but the rates certainly seem to be higher. 

Seems to be similar to what we are seeing here. 

12 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

It has to start somewhere. Then it spreads through the ages. Come on, Spock. Think logically.