Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 891 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Sounds like barcelona got their pants pulled down. Even Coutinho scoring twice, that will please Messi no end. Has the manager been sacked yet? Just hope Bayern haven't turned in their best display of the competition tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Bayern actually look a more complete side than us at present. Not absolutely rock solid at the back but competent enough to not get picked apart. Plenty of mobility, control and aggression in midfield. Plenty of pace and width. Absolute dynamite in attack with a striker in the form of his life.

 

How many of their players get into our 11? Maybe 4, tops 5. And 1 of those we'll hopefully be poaching. We should be better all over the pitch other than centre forward & possibly midfield, but that is debatable. They didn't make us break a sweat last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

 

How many of their players get into our 11? Maybe 4, tops 5. And 1 of those we'll hopefully be poaching.

I reckon if you asked a Bayern fan they'd probably only say three or four of ours. 

 

The two teams are pretty even, I think. They have more variety in midfield, and we have wide forwards in their peak whilst theirs are still quite young having replaced two that had been there a decade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barca need to stop trying to replicate that Guardiola or first Enrique season. 
 

Xavi, Inesta, Villa, Puyol, Valdes, Alves etc are most likely once in a generation players. For them all to be playing all in the same side, mostly through the same youth academy, it just doesn’t happen often (a couple of Ajax sides, the mancs 1992, a couple of others...).

 

They need to realise they won’t be able to replicate 2006 to 2015.
 

They need to focus on what a football side looks like in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season, Bayern have been better than us. They are pounding teams. They have like 40 goals in the Champions League. Would be a great game, though. Them, us and City are comfortably 1-2-3 in the world. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bayern are on a similar trajectory to the Liverpool of last season. Difference is, they don't have a financially doped rival in their league so can win it with 79% of the possible points while 85% wasn't good enough for Liverpool. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I reckon if you asked a Bayern fan they'd probably only say three or four of ours. 

 

The two teams are pretty even, I think. They have more variety in midfield, and we have wide forwards in their peak whilst theirs are still quite young having replaced two that had been there a decade.

 

Well the only players I can see who were not in the squad for the 3-1 defeat we handed them on their own turf last season (where their goal was a needless own goal from Matip, and this after they put everyone behind the ball for 90 min at Anfield) are Muller (who has drifted in and out of being any good for the past few years, mostly being average) & Perisic .. that's it?  So it'd be a hard arguement to follow. Davies has obviously pushed on this year (he was in the squad last season too) but other than that hard to see the leap over us.

 

Lewandowski, Thiago, Davies possibly one of Goretzka/Muller would be the ones .. but again, all other than Muller were in the team or squads that played us last season and they did next to nothing again us in 180 minutes really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Well the only players I can see who were not in the squad for the 3-1 defeat we handed them on their own turf last season (where their goal was a needless own goal from Matip, and this after they put everyone behind the ball for 90 min at Anfield) are Muller (who has drifted in and out of being any good for the past few years, mostly being average) & Perisic .. that's it?  So it'd be a hard arguement to follow. Davies has obviously pushed on this year (he was in the squad last season too) but other than that hard to see the leap over us.

 

Lewandowski, Thiago, Davies possibly one of Goretzka/Muller would be the ones .. but again, all other than Muller were in the team or squads that played us last season.

I don't think two games are particularly reflective of much. We're a considerably better side than Atletico, after all.

 

A Bayern fan wouldn't be changing Alaba for Gomez, etc. Probably not even the keepers.

 

They'd take VVD, Mane and Salah. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Griezmann 120m

De Jong 75m

Braithwaite 18m

Firpo 18m

Lenglet 36m

Vidal 18m

Malcolm 40m

Dembele 135m

Coutinho 140m

Paulinho 40m

OOOUUUCCCHHH!!!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jadon Sancho's agent just had an erection.

 

I reckon Barca will spend mad money now. Them and Real are shite right now. The pandemic made me think that 2021 would be their big summer but I reckon they will both spend big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lyon overperform against very good teams and are crap against poor sides. They will have a fighting chance. 

City will hammer Lyon like they do at home in the PL. This Lyon side is poor, bad they are not very good at the back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Jadon Sancho's agent just had an erection.

 

I reckon Barca will spend mad money now. Them and Real are shite right now. The pandemic made me think that 2021 would be their big summer but I reckon they will both spend big. 

Neither of them have any money. Madrid's president said they aren't buying anyone this summer because of the pandemic and Barcelona have tons of shit players on mega bucks who they eont be able to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't think two games are particularly reflective of much. We're a considerably better side than Atletico, after all.

 

A Bayern fan wouldn't be changing Alaba for Gomez, etc. Probably not even the keepers.

 

They'd take VVD, Mane and Salah. 

TAA gets in 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players Barca bought aren't bad players, the problem is they have replaced the wrong ones. The spine of the side is old and slow. Any side with Messi, Couthino, De Jong, Griezmann and Ter Stegan should be able to compete if the rest of the side just runs around and works hard. Problem is they don't, they surround them with players lacking pace and work ethic. Long may it continue, that was marvellous. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I reckon if you asked a Bayern fan they'd probably only say three or four of ours. 

 

The two teams are pretty even, I think. They have more variety in midfield, and we have wide forwards in their peak whilst theirs are still quite young having replaced two that had been there a decade.

 


Salah and Van Dijk, probably Mane. Id have Bayerns midfield, probably their keeper and the fullbacks are even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×