You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerry Cinnamon

Bjornebye

Tough crowd with music on here but what are peoples thoughts on this man? He was described on here as a 'force of nature' on the Glastonbury thread. I couldn't agree more. 

A lad, his guitar and no ceiling. Fucking love the man. Love his Adidas trainees as well

• Upvote 1

Seen him supporting Courteeners in Llandudno last year and at Liverpool Uni in March.

Got tickets for the Echo in November as well. Not sure The Coral should be supporting him like, should be the other way around but still be a good gig.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I've honestly never heard of him before. (Missed Glastonbury coverage this year) Sounds good though, and Folk/Indie is right up my Strasse. Deffo strong lyrics. Shall dive into a bit of his stuff over a few pints tomorrow. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can you get BBC IPlayer over there? 

Yes mate, just use my paid VPN. Good thinking batman.....been a long day at this end. Which day was he on? 

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Seen him supporting Courteeners in Llandudno last year and at Liverpool Uni in March.

Got tickets for the Echo in November as well. Not sure The Coral should be supporting him like, should be the other way around but still be a good gig.

Agree about the Coral. I saw both Coral & Cinnamon tours earlier this year. The Coral are the best band in the UK. Their albums just don’t sell though. That’s probably a good sign, I guess? 

I like Gerry, it’s just good fun. People have been starved of decent guitar music and him selling out arenas in one day, shows the demand for it.

The one thing that i’ll take away from seeing him, was the reaction of the entire venue when ‘Slide away’ came on pre-gig. Fucking spine tingling. No more heroes anymore.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Very good, love how he holds on to his Scottish accent, plus like I said earlier, very honest/strong lyrics. 

12 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Agree about the Coral. I saw both Coral & Cinnamon tours earlier this year. The Coral are the best band in the UK. Their albums just don’t sell though. That’s probably a good sign, I guess? 

I like Gerry, it’s just good fun. People have been starved of decent guitar music and him selling out arenas in one day, shows the demand for it.

The one thing that i’ll take away from seeing him, was the reaction of the entire venue when ‘Slide away’ came on pre-gig. Fucking spine tingling. No more heroes anymore.

Bang on. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Very good, love how he holds on to his Scottish accent, plus like I said earlier, very honest/strong lyrics. 

Yep, my signature below proves it. Proper fucking lad. Knows how shit things are and is doing his bit to make people happy. Hope he makes millions. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep, my signature below proves it. Proper fucking lad. Knows how shit things are and is doing his bit to make people happy. Hope he makes millions. 

I'm sure he will make enough if he stays true to his roots which is obviously what inspires his music. Just had a look at his Wiki page to get an idea of his background etc. His time in London was obviously spent doing something he clearly wanted rather than getting caught up in the hum drum of a big City. I've always wanted to be able to play the guitar but just don't have the drive to carry it through. 

18 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I know a few lads that have gone on about him for ages, they're mostly coke heads that all dress the same, wear shorts in the winter and try to out scouse each other.

The chap seems to attract a sort.

Nothing wrong with wearing shorts in winter, you bastard.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

In the house maybe, at a push.

Nah, I’ve been known to wear them all year round.

One year, I wore them to the pub on Christmas Day, for a couple of pre-Christmas Dinner drinks with family.

Some dick-head (who was about to sit down to a Wetherspoon’s roast): “Ha ha, that lad’s got shorts on, on Christmas Day”.

Me: “Yeah, sound, and you’re about to have boil in the bag turkey and frozen roast potatoes for Christmas dinner!”

• Upvote 1