You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's got nothing to do with being a member, that's just the default error message of the site when a page doesn't load. I had to do it that way for when non members tried to access member only content.

As for the video, I don't know why you can't watch it but if it's any consolation I can't see it either.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Corrupt? Really? Incompetent but not corrupt. As a grassroots official I am torn here as I have seen all kinds of shocking things reffing kids games and they arent helped by Klopp,Conte et al's behaviour. I had to abandon an Under 12s match only a few weeks due to a mass brawl between the kids! At the same time I do realise myself that the PL is a law unto itself and the pro game is the equivalent of Hollywood,versus grassroots being the local Amateur Dramatics Group.

I am sure the FA's so called stance here will be tied to them supposedly 'protecting' officials from abuse and attack in the grassroots game....

It will be along lines of:

'If people see the managers at the very top doing it, it sets a bad example and people copy it...and if they get away with it.....'

But as ever with the useless cunts, regardless of if they are right or not, they'll be totally inconsistent around it all and you can bet your life before long a manager will do worse than Klopp and not even get a red let alone end up with the FA appealing a punishment is not enough 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I am sure the FA's so called stance here will be tied to them supposedly 'protecting' officials from abuse and attack in the grassroots game....

It will be along lines of:

'If people see the managers at the very top doing it, it sets a bad example and people copy it...and if they get away with it.....'

But as ever with the useless cunts, regardless of if they are right or not, they'll be totally inconsistent around it all and you can bet your life before long a manager will do worse than Klopp and not even get a red let alone end up with the FA appealing a punishment is not enough 

Two wrongs dont make a right. Klopp was bang out of order but the matter should have been left to die and this has turned into a circus now. The FA are wankers but they are unfortunately the only protection match officials at all levels have and there has to be accountability for actions. My own idea has always been to have a Grassroots FA concentrating solely on the amateur and recreational game manned by people with experience of this type of football and take it out of the hands of the blazer brigade.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Two wrongs dont make a right. Klopp was bang out of order but the matter should have been left to die and this has turned into a circus now. The FA are wankers but they are unfortunately the only protection match officials at all levels have and there has to be accountability for actions. My own idea has always been to have a Grassroots FA concentrating solely on the amateur and recreational game manned by people with experience of this type of football and take it out of the hands of the blazer brigade.

I agree Klopp was out of order...he received a red card and then the panel decided on his punishment.

The FA should leave it at that.

As for your suggestion - agree.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I agree Klopp was out of order...he received a red card and then the panel decided on his punishment.

The FA should leave it at that.

As for your suggestion - agree.

An independent panel at that.

It seems the FA want to hang Jurgen out on the back of their totally inadequate support for grass roots refs. For at least the last 4 or 5 years, grass roots refs have pleaded with the FA for more support against the physical violence they face.

While I fully support action to support grass roots refs, where were the FA when Ferguson continually harangued refs during his 25 years in charge of united?

Im not sure I can condemn Klopp as being out of order when I and probably 90% of the people in the ground that day were giving Taylor grief for his shite officiating.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

An independent panel at that.

It seems the FA want to hang Jurgen out on the back of their totally inadequate support for grass roots refs. For at least the last 4 or 5 years, grass roots refs have pleaded with the FA for more support against the physical violence they face.

While I fully support action to support grass roots refs, where were the FA when Ferguson continually harangued refs during his 25 years in charge of united?

Im not sure I can condemn Klopp as being out of order when I and probably 90% of the people in the ground that day were giving Taylor grief for his shite officiating.

Yeah it all smacks of the usual inconsistent bullshit the FA are so full of.

Yes it is wrong that grassroot refs are subject to the things they are and yes there is a responsibility on those at top of game to act better and they do influence people even if of course they don't mean to - but the way the FA are going about this is typical of them - poorly - easy to go after Klopp for them here and wave the 'we are doing it for all officials banner' much more like hard work to actually do something directly about the problem on the ground at grass roots level....

And of course it just had to involve us didn't it so every gobshite fan of all the other clubs can get on their high horses about it - enabled by gobsshites in the media like that fat sack of shite Martin Samuel....

I'd love to know what the assistant said that resulted in a red card...

Ass.: big mean man shouted at me.

Ref: Shouted what?

Ass.: He said "how is it not?"

Ref: is that it?

Ass.: Well yeah, but he's quite tall and scary

Players and managers shout dogs abuse at refs and assistants every game and the one that attracts the most attention is where he didn't even say anything bad, just judged purely on appearances!

30k is not an insubstantial amount, even to klopp, I'd rather have the 1 match ban and feed instructions to lijnders.

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Corrupt? Really? Incompetent but not corrupt. As a grassroots official I am torn here as I have seen all kinds of shocking things reffing kids games and they arent helped by Klopp,Conte et al's behaviour. I had to abandon an Under 12s match only a few weeks due to a mass brawl between the kids! At the same time I do realise myself that the PL is a law unto itself and the pro game is the equivalent of Hollywood,versus grassroots being the local Amateur Dramatics Group.

Yeah, but ‘Ref Support UK’ is a thing?

Fucking hell, they’re not cancer survivors. 

As usual, the FA conducting a witch hunt to distract attention away from the elephant in the room - the frequent ineptitude, and occasional blatant bias, of officials on and off the pitch, and a refereeing organisation which has long been unfit for purpose. (You only need to look at the number of decisions ie red cards which still get overturned in contradiction of the decision by a ref, linesman and a VAR team). The focus has been successfully switched from the failure of the officials to spot a judo throw-cum-rugby tackle to Klopp’s admittedly over the top (but perfectly understandable) reaction. Contrast that linesman’s inaction with that of his colleague in the very next game, who was waving his flag vigorously for a couple of minor (actually, quite debatable) fouls by us. 
Maybe if the FA, PL and PGMOL got their own houses in order, they’d be on safer ground to censure managers for bad behaviour.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DaveT said:

As usual, the FA conducting a witch hunt to distract attention away from the elephant in the room - the frequent ineptitude, and occasional blatant bias, of officials on and off the pitch, and a refereeing organisation which has long been unfit for purpose. (You only need to look at the number of decisions ie red cards which still get overturned in contradiction of the decision by a ref, linesman and a VAR team). The focus has been successfully switched from the failure of the officials to spot a judo throw-cum-rugby tackle to Klopp’s admittedly over the top (but perfectly understandable) reaction. Contrast that linesman’s inaction with that of his colleague in the very next game, who was waving his flag vigorously for a couple of minor (actually, quite debatable) fouls by us. 
Maybe if the FA, PL and PGMOL got their own houses in order, they’d be on safer ground to censure managers for bad behaviour.

Exactly this. End of the day, Jurgen gave it the verbals and nothing physical. If he'd manhandled the lino I could agree with the issue on severity of punishment. But to read some comments, you'd think Jurgen was singlehandedly responsible for inciting local parks players to physically assault refs.

I mean what are the FA grounds for appeal? 'We think in light of the violence towards refs at amateur level, we consider a fine for the verbal abuse of a lino in a PL fixture is insufficient as the court of public opinion demands the Liverpool manager should have a touchline ban and the 'independent' panel didnt take this into account'?

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's really hard to believe it is incompetence with that foul and you see how close the linesman was away from it. That part of the pitch we see particularly well because we sit in the kop and look down the main stand touch line. It was about a 10 yard running foul, and the lino was about 2 yards away with nobody interrupting his view and he was looking directly at it. If we could see it from our admittedly very decent position, but nowhere near as good as the lino, it is pretty difficult to not see what happened. He has to have seen it and there's no version of competence when you see that can think it's not a foul. It's as simple a foul as you will ever see in football. He just chose not to see it even though he was looking directly at it. That's not incompetence. 

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

I was just about to post this one! 

IMG_20221105_140343_582.jpg

• Haha 2

Well if they're incompetent, they shouldnt be reffing or running the line in PL games never mind headline PL games. If they're corrupt, nuff said. Was that lino dropped from the assistant ref's list for a game or two? No sniggering at the back!

There's far too much bias shown by refs and linos towards us. Yes, I know other fans can say the same about their team. These are the same fans who call us LiVARpool despite all the evidence regularly showing we're below average in benefiting from VAR decisions.

There's also the weird situation where oppos can kick shit out of our players and escape yellow cards but then one of ours is carded. We frequently seem to come out of games with more cards than the oppos yet we've been fouled more!

Looking back, Taylor's alleged comment to both managers pre kick off is appalling and stupidity at best. You're going to ref a high profile game such as this and you're effectively telling the managers Im going to let players off with far more than I would in another PL game? Seriously?

Stupid Taylor made a rod for his own back if those alleged comments are true especially as everyone views his 'Im an Altrincham fan' with a heavy dose of salt.

But we keep coming back to the lino and that incident. Im sat probably 100 yards away from that in the SKD Upper and even I could see that was a foul by Silva. Even Mr MaGoo would have seen that.

The FA want fans, players and managers to respect the officials. Im on board. At the same time, officials seem to get off close scrutiny for glaring errors in games. No better place to start would be stopping Taylor reffing any game involving either manc club although that wont stop his bias shining through whenever he'd ref us against any other PL team.

Next, linos need to be held accountable for clear errors such as this in games. Then, the officials would start earning everyone's respect.

What may not be understood regarding the lines person, is that they can be instructed by the referee (as team leader) to not flag for fouls until the referee blows for a foul and then might only flag in the way the referee indicates. I’ve heard it said that some refs tell their Lino’s to give out and direction for throws and offsides only if they are obvious, but that’s it. If you look closely, referees will just flick a finger one way or the other to show the Lino which way to flag.

I think this is what possibly happened in the Salah incident and it would be consistent with referees, not just Taylor, not giving Salah anything for some time now, since it was highlighted on MOTD a while ago that Mo might have gone over easily to win a penalty (can’t remember which match it was). I used to be involved in Youth football years ago and grassroots has always had an issue finding referees because of a variety of reasons, including abuse from people on the line and players on the pitch. I have had first hand experience of a referee who was backed by the local FA even though they privately admitted he was in the wrong over a complaint of bias we brought against him. 
Having officiated games myself from time to time I can tell you (I passed the FA referees course) it’s something I wouldn’t voluntarily do now for a big gold clock, but the difference is that Professional officials are paid very well to get things correct, so should be criticised when they get things obviously wrong, whereas grassroots officials are given expenses and don’t deserve abuse as they usually are doing their best in trying circumstances.

14 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

What may not be understood regarding the lines person, is that they can be instructed by the referee (as team leader) to not flag for fouls until the referee blows for a foul and then might only flag in the way the referee indicates. I’ve heard it said that some refs tell their Lino’s to give out and direction for throws and offsides only if they are obvious, but that’s it. If you look closely, referees will just flick a finger one way or the other to show the Lino which way to flag.

I think this is what possibly happened in the Salah incident and it would be consistent with referees, not just Taylor, not giving Salah anything for some time now, since it was highlighted on MOTD a while ago that Mo might have gone over easily to win a penalty (can’t remember which match it was). I used to be involved in Youth football years ago and grassroots has always had an issue finding referees because of a variety of reasons, including abuse from people on the line and players on the pitch. I have had first hand experience of a referee who was backed by the local FA even though they privately admitted he was in the wrong over a complaint of bias we brought against him. 
Having officiated games myself from time to time I can tell you (I passed the FA referees course) it’s something I wouldn’t voluntarily do now for a big gold clock, but the difference is that Professional officials are paid very well to get things correct, so should be criticised when they get things obviously wrong, whereas grassroots officials are given expenses and don’t deserve abuse as they usually are doing their best in trying circumstances.

There was a programme on Granada tv about a ref in the Football League. It was before the Premier League and admittedly, he wasnt a Division One ref at the time.

The cameras followed him around incluing showing what he did outside football etc. Then it switched to a game and pre match stuff. The camera is in the officials dressing room before a game and he's telling his 2 linos he's in charge and how he will look to ref the game. Next thing he says 'I dont want anyone else ie the linos, giving a penalty. I'll make the call and if I need to speak to you, I'll come over and ask you what you saw.'

In other words, he's telling the linos not to signal a pen by putting the flag across their chest as he and he alone will make the call.

Ive no doubt many refs in the PL, especially the ones with big egos and in the EFL still operate like that today.

38 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There was a programme on Granada tv about a ref in the Football League. It was before the Premier League and admittedly, he wasnt a Division One ref at the time.

The cameras followed him around incluing showing what he did outside football etc. Then it switched to a game and pre match stuff. The camera is in the officials dressing room before a game and he's telling his 2 linos he's in charge and how he will look to ref the game. Next thing he says 'I dont want anyone else ie the linos, giving a penalty. I'll make the call and if I need to speak to you, I'll come over and ask you what you saw.'

In other words, he's telling the linos not to signal a pen by putting the flag across their chest as he and he alone will make the call.

Ive no doubt many refs in the PL, especially the ones with big egos and in the EFL still operate like that today.

This is pretty much the norm from what I've heard and why I have had disagreements other refs over this arrogant behaviour. There are refereeing levels and promtions which refs rise through to get better games and pay. I have never been interested in any of that bollocks and its usually political. Other refs complain about this too and it highlights more FA incompetence in their running of the game. 

Mind you,Klopp still did wrong but a line should be written under it and move on.