You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Any so called Liverpool fan calling for Klopps head is either a troll or a cunt or both. I fucking hate people 

Fucking morons aren't they. 

What other clubs fans would have a manager that wins everything and gets to the CL 3 times and they say "oh, I think he has been found out 4 months in". 

What's the other argument? Oh, yeah, "well he needs to change formation". Done that, what's next?

Like making a chocolate fireguard in a different shape and complaining that it still melts.

"Well, we have no intensity". What our over 30's injury prone midfield cannot beat a team of 23-26 yr olds that play each week and can run all day. I wonder why. Maybe if we played them in a 1--1-1 formation that would solve it.

If FSG think we might not make the top 4 this year then surely to god they wil make funds available for the best manager in the premier league,  I know it's not the best time to buy especially considering the stupid world cup and all but it might just spur them on to target a decent midfielder,  here's hoping anyway. 

Just now, Tj hooker said:

If FSG think we might not make the top 4 this year then surely to god they wil make funds available for the best manager in the premier league,  I know it's not the best time to buy especially considering the stupid world cup and all but it might just spur them on to target a decent midfielder,  here's hoping anyway. 

Remember January 21?

3 hours ago, Moo said:

Remember January 21?

I hear you but times have changed the competition for top 4 has just got a lot trickier what with an improving Arsenal and more sports washing cheats like the Geordies , If they don't invest and we miss out on the champions league then what do they do then it seems their  whole strategy is based on the champions league money 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Any so called Liverpool fan calling for Klopps head is either a troll or a cunt or both. I fucking hate people 

There's already been people on this site saying things like "klopp needs to take his share of the blame" for our performances this season. It's like blaming a boxer with 2 hands tied behind his back getting blamed for getting hit and not landing a punch. 

• Upvote 1

I absolutely love Jurgen. This 'run' must be gut wrenching for him. He built a team that conquered the world, literally.

Not sure there is any one thing that's caused this collapse because be in no doubt, this is what it is. I see it as a collection of little things that all swell up like a boil.

As I said in the match thread, the silence coming out of Anfield last night after the final whistle was deafening.

There was no laughter, joy or boisterous voices. Neither was there any critical voices or shouts about what we had just witness, just stunned, reflective silence.

You look at the players in this team and head to head, they are better than arsenal, newcastle, spurs, united, chelsea, all bar city. Yet we get taken apart by virtually everyone.

Beaten by forest AND leeds in successive league games? And this same set of players had recently beaten English champions city and Dutch champions Ajax? Fuck off with that inconsistent shit!

This conceeding first and especially in the first few minutes of games is beyond a fucking joke now. The first 4 or 5 times it happened, I just put down to a quirk, a fluke that hits a team every now and then. But it isnt, is it? The players arent fucking switched on from the kick off. Why?

Mo's bumper contract, we all wanted him to be given 'what he wants' but has that broken the team spirit and bonding? Are other players now thinking it's 'us and Mo' now?

Jurgen's been far too loyal to his players. It's a joke we are trying to give Keita a new contract, more so when we've let Div and Taki leave. I think Hendo has been a far better player for us than certain fans consider. But is he still the force he was?

I just dont see a way back for this set of players. Yeah, they might recover in the 2nd half of the season, Ive been thinking they would recover in the next game, then the next and the next. Each has been a false dawn.

It's like the players can now only respond once every so often to a set back or major criticism.

And yes, the way the club scrabbled around for an emergency signing late in the last window was a complete joke. I  dont know who is responsible. Was it an individual or a collective thing why we didnt bother?

Im not buying this shit about us buying Bellingham. I never believed that shit and even less so when £100m is being bandied about as the fee Dortmund want.

Players are either not listening to Jurgen with the enthusiasm they once did or Jurgen's message isnt getting through some heads.

It needs to change for the next league game. Playing in the next stage of the CL is secure and I dont give a fuck about the EFL Cup even if I do want us to beat Derby.

I suspect we'll limp through to the World Cup and everyone will believe it'll start to all come right from Boxing Day. But Im not holding my breath.

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I absolutely love Jurgen. This 'run' must be gut wrenching for him. He built a team that conquered the world, literally.

Not sure there any one thing that's caused this collapse because be in no doubt, this is what it is. As i said in the match thread, the silence coming out of Anfield last night after the final whistle was deafening.

There was no laughter, joy or boisterous voices. Neither was there any critical voices or shouts about what we had just witness, just stunned, reflective silence.

You look at the players in this team and head to head, they are better than arsenal, newcastle, spurs, united, chelsea, all bar city. Yet we get taken apart by virtually everyone. Beaten by forest AND leeds in successive league games? And this same set of players had recent beaten English champions city and Dutch champions Ajax? Fuck off with that inconsistent shit!

This conceeding first and especially in the first few minutes of games is beyond a fucking joke now. The first 4 or 5 times it happened, I just put down to a quirk, a fluke that hits a team every now and then. But it isnt, is it? The players arent fucking switched on from the kick off. Why?

Mo's bumper contract, we all wanted him to be given 'what he wants' but has that broken the team spirit and bonding? Are other players now thinking it's 'us and Mo' now?

Jurgen's been far too loyal to his players. It's a joke we are trying to give Keita a new contract, more so when we've let Div and Taki leave. I think Hendo has been a far better player for us than certain fans consider. But is he still the force he was?

I just dont see a way back for this set of players. Yeah, they might recover in the 2nd half of the season, Ive been thinking they would recover in the next game, then the next and the next. Each has been a false dawn.

It's like the players can now only respond once every so often to a set back or major criticism.

And yes, the way the club scrabbled around for an emergency signing late in the last window was a complete joke. I  dont know who is responsible. Was it an individual or a collective thing why we didnt bother?

Im not buying this shit about us buying Bellingham. I never believed that shit and even less so when £100m is being bandied about as the fee Dortmund want.

Players are either not listening to Jurgen with the enthusiasm they once did or Jurgen's message isnt getting through some heads.

It needs to change for the next league game. Playing in the next stage of the CL is secure and I dont give a fuck about the EFL Cup even if I do want us to beat Derby.

I suspect we'll limp through to the World Cup and everyone will believe it'll start to all come right from Boxing Day. But Im not holding my breath.

There's nothing on the pitch to suggest that the players are not with Salah and there's resentment - in fact I think Salah looks more one of the lads than he ever has. There's plenty to suggest the players are physically and mentally fucked. Just look at some of those performances yesterday.

Trent, one of the most creative footballers on the planet, not just right backs, but any position on the pitch. He can barely pass the ball at times and look at his positioning on the pitch, he looks at times like he's never played football, he doesn't know where to go, what his body shape should be in. 

Gomez, I'm not his biggest fan, but he's normally been pretty dependable with his passing. He's been beyond awful. He's cost the first goal in the last 2 matches by fucking up in possession. 

Fabinho used to command about a third of the pitch. He could play some sublime forward passes. Could read the game amazingly, getting in the right place and changing 50/50s into 80/20s. Yet he wins nothing now and seems only to be able to pass to the centre backs. 

Thiago, supoosedly one of the best passers of the ball in the game. Unforced errors after I forced error, like he's fucking about in a training match. Nearly every game he starts badly and seems to take at least half an hour to get into his stride. 

Henderson, once a driving force in midfield and a real leader on the pitch, can barely get a thing right and is just hitting lazy passes. He looks like he can't wait to be rid of the ball. 

Player after player making the types of mistakes and putting in shifts below what we're used to. I think the issues are not a bit of falling out. It's about understanding when some players need resting, rotating or replacing in the squad. Have some pressure on their shirt. I don't know if it's the amount of football, lack of signings, diet, medical, preparation, too many crocks or a combination of them all, but I suspect it is more than one issue. And if it is attitude, it must be pretty tough to keep going back to the well time and time again, living with the mantra "we're all in it together" and never feeling the club provides any support. We've all worked in jobs where we feel we're understaffed and over worked. And what always happens in those situations is productivity drops. I think that's exactly what we're seeing here. We're looking at people who are the shadow of the people they can be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

56 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I hear you but times have changed the competition for top 4 has just got a lot trickier what with an improving Arsenal and more sports washing cheats like the Geordies , If they don't invest and we miss out on the champions league then what do they do then it seems their  whole strategy is based on the champions league money 

Not to mention sponsors cash being lost. I’d imagine some of our deals are tied up with performance bonuses. Nike and standard chartered being the main two, no CL equals less money?

25 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

What does that actually entitle him to do? 

Because stupidly, here in Dublin, it allows the recipients to graze their sheep in St Stephens green.....

Have Everton relegated for being shit?

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

For those who didn't know (as I didn't until I just saw it on the news) the last person to be granted the freedom of the city of Liverpool was Nelson Mandela in 1996.  

Sorry can't edit it into other post. Its good this,

• Upvote 1

Twitter is jam packed full of people saying that if you can't support Jürgen you can fuck off, or any fan wanting Jürgen out is a bellend and so on.  Yet I've not actually seen one person say they want Jürgen out?  

Like so many things in this world, I wonder is this an issue created by the people who want to complain about the issue?