Quantcast
Living Remotely or Off Grid - Page 10 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Dougie Do'ins

Living Remotely or Off Grid

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Where's that ?

Isles of Scilly.  That wave is covering the favourite boozer.  It's not even a mad storm, just spring tides, massive swell with some high winds.  Just the usual winter weather. 

Friend had a drone with him on our last visit to Ontario in October for Thanksgiving.

Spectacular view of the property, and it's all ours.....

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, neko said:

Friend had a drone with him on our last visit to Ontario in October for Thanksgiving.

Out of rep. That is spectacular. You lucky jammy brilliant bastard. You're gonna get eaten by a bear but fuck me what a life. 

Not really off grid but I've got family in Itsly but no longer go over very much. Missed a trip to the Dolomites in northern italy many years ago because of a hangover. Idiot. Doubt if I'd have seen Mars though. 

This photo's great in it's own right.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Not really off grid but I've got family in Itsly but no longer go over very much. Missed a trip to the Dolomites in northern italy many years ago because of a hangover. Idiot. Doubt if I'd have seen Mars though. 

Looks like you still have that hangover judging by your spelling.

On 08/09/2020 at 20:42, Dougie Do'ins said:

Take 90 minutes out of your life and watch this.

I've watched all his stuff on YouTube - great viewing

On 08/09/2020 at 21:12, Bjornebye said:

Bear spray? If I'm camping in bear country I want an AW50 Sniper Rifle, a Colt M16A2 Assault Rifle and a Panzer division with me. Fucking bear spray. 

Exactly

Recently bought a decent van to convert into a camper , my new year project . Just weighing up my solar power set up , and my Chinese diesel heater has arrived . Looking forward to a few peaceful off grid excursions.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Recently bought a decent van to convert into a camper , my new year project . Just weighing up my solar power set up , and my Chinese diesel heater has arrived . Looking forward to a few peaceful off grid excursions.

Some photos of the van and it's progress would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Some photos of the van and it's progress would be appreciated.

No problem, going to carry on with the insulation this week then ply out and plan lay out . I only have 3m from bulkhead to rear doors so not particularly expansive.

18 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

So, @neko are we all invited to the house warming when you've got it built?!

sure - i'm planning on spending next christmas there.

bring your ski doo, rifle, snow shoes, skis or skates...dress warm and bring snacks and booze.

i'll have the drugs.

i've been working on convincing the wife that winter in the isolation of northern ontario will be more fun than mexico...not sure she's completely on board yet.

• Upvote 1

On 23/11/2020 at 19:42, Gnasher said:

Wildlife documentary on BBC2 tonight at 7 , ostensibly about the migration of wolves but from memory the real star is the Dolomites' scenery.

On 23/11/2020 at 17:43, neko said:

Great isolation. But a lot of rocks.