You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Re: Lineker. Have the BBC been tapped up by City to defend them. On 5 Live before they were trying to make out that City had to spend big to get to the CL places, like a start up business. They were them banging on about how Amazon recorded big losses at first to get ahead. It’s mad the lengths they’re going to, to defend them.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Re: Lineker. Have the BBC been tapped up by City to defend them. On 5 Live before they were trying to make out that City had to spend big to get to the CL places, like a start up business. They were them banging on about how Amazon recorded big losses at first to get ahead. It’s mad the lengths they’re going to, to defend them.

The BBC sports Journalists are in the majority Mancs. 

The best part of this is that as good a manager that Pep is, there is no doubt it's always been based around the cheque book and that has now basically been taken away. He can longer just buy any player he wants to strengthen a position and would, for the first time in his life, actually be required to manage a team not just spend willy nilly.

They can't fudge the figures anymore and don't have the commercial side to compete financially with the proper 'big boys'. It's all well and good being owned by a financial giant but if you can't actually spend the money then it's as useful as a chocolate kettle.

This really could be the first few steps on their trek back to mediocrity. We just need to win this years CL to lube up the path.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Great comparison. We all know how above board Amazon are with their finances and how fairly they deal with their workforce. 

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I was listening to 5live earlier and last night football daily. I was shocked how much they defended city and this none stop narrative about how honourable the owners are. With no hint they've actually been found guilty of anything or run a state with human rights violations. "They've tried to do it the right way". We'll uefa would say otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I was listening to 5live earlier and last night football daily. I was shocked how much they defended city and this none stop narrative about how honourable the owners are. With no hint they've actually been found guilty of anything or run a state with human rights violations. "They've tried to do it the right way". We'll uefa would say otherwise. 

Could you imagine the reaction if it had been us?

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

When something English is threatened (ironic being as where the Owners come from) they all seem to band together and play the 'It's us against them' card. I know it's not related, but look at the fuss the Press/media made of the Racist shit against the England team (and rightly so)...yet, when racism rears its ugly head in England their response is somewhat muffled. 

50 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

This year has ruined the Football Manager games for me. Doesn't matter if I save scum before every match,  I'm never topping this season.

This season is where I'd get bored and start a new save cause it's too unrealistic to be this good. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Great comparison. We all know how above board Amazon are with their finances and how fairly they deal with their workforce. 

Amazon do adverts now showing how well their staff are treated "Yeah we have targets to hit but work hard and party hard" come on an Amazontour and see for yourself, point at the animals but don't feed them not until their break anyway.

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Could you imagine the reaction if it had been us?

Said this earlier mate. Wall to wall media coverage, page after page and probably the PM and certain MP's having a dig. 

7 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I personally think an annual wage cap is the real answer to ffp. 

Wouldn't t work. 

Say I want to buy Ronaldo, but only have 5 million of my cap left. Instead of the fee for Ronaldo being 80 million, I sign him for 100 million, 20 of which goes to the player and agent as a signing fee and makes up the 5 million a year I couldn't officially pay him

Guest Pistonbroke

Pissing myself at these blerts. hahahaha. 

@BluePhil8

If the idea of an alternate to the CL is being poo-poo'd - how about a true international competition?
Following on from this idea, so it's not seen as a 'bridesmaid' competition we could also try to rope in the likes of Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Independiente, Rangers and Celtic etc.

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Wouldn't t work. 

Say I want to buy Ronaldo, but only have 5 million of my cap left. Instead of the fee for Ronaldo being 80 million, I sign him for 100 million, 20 of which goes to the player and agent as a signing fee and makes up the 5 million a year I couldn't officially pay him

Yeah, I think transfer fees would have to be eliminated for it to work. You’d need US style draft / trade systems instead, and that’s a non-starter.

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Wouldn't t work. 

Quite a clear example in Saracens of how that can still be avoided.

15 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

When something English is threatened (ironic being as where the Owners come from) they all seem to band together and play the 'It's us against them' card. I know it's not related, but look at the fuss the Press/media made of the Racist shit against the England team (and rightly so)...yet, when racism rears its ugly head in England their response is somewhat muffled. 

That's true and there's definitely an idea racist behaviour here is just an isolated incident and there'll always be bad uns, but if one Johnny foreigner steps out of line, they're all like that and they need a lesson from the English on how to behave. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

That's true and there's definitely an idea racist behaviour here is just an isolated incident and there'll always be bad uns, but if one Johnny foreigner steps out of line, they're all like that and they need a lesson from the English on how to behave. 

Their agenda is blatant, also from a bunch of Suits who are more than likely racist themselves. 

Anyway. The draw for the Ethiad Champions Trophy has been concluded.

Group A

Manchester City

Manchester City B

Manchester City U23's

Manchester City U21's

Man City U18's

Group B

Burnley

Kaiser Chiefs

Wuhan Zall

Kawasaki Frontale

Everton

A choice take from the Blue Moonies

City may have broken rules but the issue here should not be what City did in that regard but the fact that the rules need breaking. Once upon a time it was legal to have slaves; laws / rules are not always (morally) correct and the world and history are full of examples of that.

I'd particularly ban any journo applying the term financial doping to MCFC: it does not apply. All City's owner has done is try to invest in his business to make it competitive.