You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Minor things which stress you out

Section_31

People whistling in public or tapping things.  Or showing unnecessary physical affection towards their partner.

On reflection, anyone showing positive signs of inner contentment, ironically. 

• Upvote 1

Having Scouts or volunteers stood at the end of the checkouts to pack for you. Normally I just use a card and don’t have cash. It seems insanely rude to let them pack and not chip in so I end up apologising beforehand, saying I’ll pack myself (usually with an awkward quip about them deserving a break) or actually getting cash back to pay them. Sainsbury’s told me it was £5 minimum last time and I couldn’t face asking them for change so they got the lot.

• Upvote 1

Not being entirely sure where to get off the bus

I hate it when I get off too soon and notice a bus stop further up the road. It's particularly annoying when the bus then idles through traffic next to you in the world's slowest chase sequence. Everyone on the bus knows you got off too early, but you then have to pretend like you were going to head into a shop or something along the way.

• Upvote 2

I go the other way. People who order the most expensive 3 courses then want the ones that only had a main to subsidise their meal.

I'm out with my mate and our partners tonight for a drink. They will have the most expensive ales and gins whilst my mrs is driving and will probably have 2 halves at most, our drinks a fiver theirs a tenner. I'll tell him we'll get our own drinks, he'll look at me as if i'm a tight twat. The reality is, its him expecting me to pay half of his night out.

Amazing that people will have the attitude that when someone pays their fair share that they are seen as tight. It used to happen so often when I was younger and it was really hard to justify paying £30/£40 when you've in reality spent £15.

Amazing that people will have the attitude that when someone pays their fair share that they are seen as tight. It used to happen so often when I was younger and it was really hard to justify paying £30/£40 when you've in reality spent £15.

I think it depends on if people are deliberately taking the piss. My close friends are like family to me, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact they and a chessboard and I didn't. Quibbling over bills is scruff behaviour in my view.
  • Upvote 1

When you're sitting in the wrong seats in the pictures and think you've gotten away with it because the film has started, but people keep drifting in.

I'm cool with but for a long time I didn't enjoy going to the cinema and then I started going back and all was fine but it all came back to me yesterday evening and we're waiting for the film to start and this mother and daughter combo come in with what looks like a 2/3 year old child. Why is he not in bed? Already I'm thinking it's not going to work. Did I mention the dustbin of popcorn? Daughter goes out and 'granma' is getting the little guy to pose for photos. So I'm stressed anticipating that it's not going to work and then when the lights go down and he carries on talking and squirming I'm getting stressed wondering if they're going to deal with it and if they don't what am I going to do about it.

Actually the post was going to be about people who carry on playing with their phone well after the big announcement about turning them off.

Anyway, the boy lasted about 5 minutes and to be fair his mother took him out and that was the last we saw of him until we came out at the end. And the phones did get switched off but, boy, does it all stress me out

I think it depends on if people are deliberately taking the piss. My close friends are like family to me, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact they and a chessboard and I didn't. Quibbling over bills is scruff behaviour in my view.

To be fair to my mate, he's never tried have me over for a chessboard