You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

He's one of those keepers who could stay at the top until his mid-to-late thirties. The issue may be injuries mounting when put against wages. We're not there yet, mind.

We need Xabi to bring in some unbaptised players and he'll be like a new signing.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Kelleher has been phenomenal, but he hasn’t yet had the pressure of having to regain form after a couple of bad games.

We should be looking at loaning Kelleher to a big club.

I think he has definitely dealt with having to regain form after a couple of bad games this season. He had a lot of criticism aimed his way earlier this season for below par performances in the Europa league and the 4-3 win over Fulham. His form was understandably erratic though, because at that stage he didn't really have a run of games like he is having now.

I absolutely won't be loaning him away next season. Alisson is injury prone for a keeper, and is likely to be out for another stretch next season. Keep Kelleher around and avoid having to put Adrian or a young kid in goal.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

I think he has definitely dealt with having to regain form after a couple of bad games this season. He had a lot of criticism aimed his way earlier this season for below par performances in the Europa league and the 4-3 win over Fulham. His form was understandably erratic though, because at that stage he didn't really have a run of games like he is having now.

I absolutely won't be loaning him away next season. Alisson is injury prone for a keeper, and is likely to be out for another stretch next season. Keep Kelleher around and avoid having to put Adrian or a young kid in goal.

I agree

42 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Next season will be very different though, as we’ll be back in the Champions League and Alisson won’t want to give up those games. Will Kelleher really want to stick around for a season where he might be lucky to play four or five games?

If we’re looking at him as Alisson’s successor, I think he needs regular football here or elsewhere at this stage. I don’t think you can separate how well he’s playing at the moment from the rhythm that regular football brings.

4 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

I've seen a couple of articles saying that his injury is more serious than first thought, or first reported and he's likely to miss most of the rest of the season.

It was only Friday when klopp said it was weeks and it wasn't a season ender. 

54 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It was only Friday when klopp said it was weeks and it wasn't a season ender. 

He did say was a bad one though and would be a while.

Jurgen Klopp is insistent that Alisson will still have a part to play this season, but revealed his hamstring injury is “rather serious” and there is no definitive timescale on his return.

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

He did say was a bad one though and would be a while.

Jurgen Klopp is insistent that Alisson will still have a part to play this season, but revealed his hamstring injury is “rather serious” and there is no definitive timescale on his return.

I saw him on one of his pre match chats though and he said something like "it won't be months, it's weeks, but that long I don't even think about it. But his season isn't over". 

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

As back up to Adrián?

The idea was to get him in ahead of Adrian, I cant even get myself to think about a situation where Kelleher also get injured now, and we are trying to win a quadruple with Adrian in goal.