You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alfie's Army

Oh Buoy

The Dad was at the "Dixies" tonight, getting a "Blueblood" award from Bill Kenwright.

Four days after his son died. A bit too soon?

He was at the boxing at the Echo arena not long back and people were getting pictures taken with him apparently.

Alfie Evans' devastated family in appeal over pictures of tragic youngster

The 23-month-old's family reached out after mum Kate was left 'really upset' by images shared online

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/alfie-evans-devastated-family-appeal-14599245

I have two schools of thought on this

One - it is unimaginable the pain and grief that two young adults are going through having lost their child

Two - you chose to dance with the “social media” devil, you’re going to get burned!!! You encouraged hyperbole, peddled mistruths and courted mass hysteria, it’s not surprising that your Army now wants to be party to your grief as if it’s their grief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Someone tried to Rob Alfies dad's bike so he stabbed him with a knife

Stabbings a bit much, but you rob people you've got to expect your going to seriously piss people off.

Again, stabbing is excessive but if someone broke into my house and I panicked I'm not sure my reaction would be 'rational'.

Stabbings a bit much, but you rob people you've got to expect your going to seriously piss people off.

Again, stabbing is excessive but if someone broke into my house and I panicked I'm not sure my reaction would be 'rational'.

My guess is it wasn't some competition level carbon fibre 10k bike.

85 quid from Aldi. Wouldn't stab someone over it. Maybe get a bit cross.

My guess is it wasn't some competition level carbon fibre 10k bike.

85 quid from Aldi. Wouldn't stab someone over it. Maybe get a bit cross.

I guess the picture in my head is different. I keep my bike in the house mostly. Basically a break in, if someone was to steal it.

Yea maybe I was too harsh.

Burn him alive.

Here's an example of the parents of a terminally ill child conducting themselves with the utmost dignity, and an example of social media being utilised in a much more positive sense than what we've seen with the Alfie's Army shit show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-leicestershire-44011275/stone-legacy-for-terminally-ill-girl-isla-tansey

Stone legacy for terminally ill girl Isla Tansey

A seven-year-old girl with terminal spinal cancer has started a campaign to decorate and hide stones.

Isla Tansey, from Hinckley, Leicestershire, has asked people to get involved and says anyone who finds one should take a selfie and post it on social media using #islasstones.

Her parents, Simon and Katherine Tansey, said they hoped the stones will create a "legacy" for their daughter.

• 1 month later...

There’s another thing like this floating around on Facebook now. A little girl from Wales who needs a kidney transplant, lives at home and only goes to Alder Hey for dialysis. Yet the mum has posted a picture with a placard at the end of the bed declaring that they’re holding the daughter hostage.

Hundreds and hundreds of mong comments, without any knowledge of what’s really going on. I’ve just scanned through some of them and it’s boiled my piss. What the fuck is wrong with people?

There’s another thing like this floating around on Facebook now. A little girl from Wales who needs a kidney transplant, lives at home and only goes to Alder Hey for dialysis. Yet the mum has posted a picture with a placard at the end of the bed declaring that they’re holding the daughter hostage.

Hundreds and hundreds of mong comments, without any knowledge of what’s really going on. I’ve just scanned through some of them and it’s boiled my piss. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Do you only connect with utter dickheads on Facebook?

That's a rhetorical question since I'm also one of your Facebook friends!

• Upvote 2