You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

That ref was a clever cunt for them today. Said it earlier in the thread that he’d give these free kicks every time one of our players went near theirs today while he’d ignore worse against us. It’s the breaking up of the tempo that kills any momentum, giving them time to dust themselves down and regroup that’s so annoying.

Always making sure he was just out of position for any big decisions for us while being right on the spot for them.

We were basically undone by two long balls. It’s tactically on Klopp for me that one. He talked about playing or own game by respecting your opponent. We didn’t respect our opponent. We let them target our weaker centre back with our young defensively poor full back. I think Klopp was expecting to just batter them.

In reality a draw would have been a decent result. Playing Trent has essentially cost us the game and now it’s put us under pressure for the top 4 again. I feel sorry for the lad because every young player has these experiences and he will learn. For the good of the team though Klopp needs to start using him correctly. Against better teams we need to be more solid.

To all the people who slag Clyne off for how good he is when he’s fit I hope that’s a wake up call.

You can't give them a 2 goal lead and not play for 45 minutes and expect anything from the game.

Frustrating but we go on.

Considering you know they'd spend the next half going down at every challenge and the ref wanking one off over the life-threatening injury. 

Shite performance from us. 

Turn up against Watford. Putting this down as a Porto hangover. 

OK, we defended badly for the two goals. VVD should have been on Lukaku, not Lovren, and TAA was asleep for the first. And Lovren was on the pitch. Ref was shocking.

But apart from that, if anyone thinks that team was better than us, or played better over the whole game, give your head a wobble.

We didn't play brilliantly, but carried on right to the end. I can remember many games over the last few years where we would have laid down and died.

Ref was shocking. Did I say that? Deserves saying again.

Who gives a shit if we're better by some subjective measure? They got the result and are ahead of us in the league. It was one of De Gea's easiest games this season. 

They won it in the first quarter.

We started nervy, and paid for it.

Not sure Lallana was an improvement on AOC.

Lovren redeemed himself somewhat.

Firmino, with a chance at glory late on, unselfish with the back heel- but it was too clever; he had time and some space, and I’d have loved him to have tucked it away.

Mane is off his game. No doubting his stamina, and thinking, but his passing has been poor of late.

The scum take it.

They’ll be knackered mid week, and they can kiss the European Cup goodbye.

I was more disappointed with our use of possession than with the ref.

agreed. We also need to be smarter in how we play. When young was pulling Salah back he needs to hit the deck and get the pen by staying on his feet the ref doesn’t have to make a call.

Absolutely gutted, I hate those cunts with a passion.

Weve been on such a good run I was starting to forget we had weaknesses but today they were back in full view. Lovren needs to go still and we need aleast 1 more midfielder not including Naby, Karius for me has improved a lot but if there was another world class goalkeeper available id take them we also need to buy one of those referees they can swing a game in our favour.

Considering you know they'd spend the next half going down at every challenge and the ref wanking one off over the life-threatening injury.

Shite performance from us.

Turn up against Watford. Putting this down as a Porto hangover.

can't remember the last time we played well and beat them. We do get bullied far too often esp at theirs.Notice no matter how shite we call them they still end up beating us or at least not losing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mourinho got his tactics right. Snuffed us out up top. Bullied our defensive weaknesses. Then managed the time with time wasting stunts rather than football - but that is how teams grind results. 

Mourinho got lucky in that we gifted them two goals, but he's a capable manager, and more successful than any of ours since Bob Paisley.  He's no mug.  We need to play better than we did today to beat his teams. No-one played well today. Front three were wasteful and ineffective all game, midfield didn't get involved until just before half time, and the defence was a joke for the first half hour.  

That fellaini and Mane incident was a carbon copy of the everton penalty earlier in the season, except lovren never kicked the everton player as hard as fellaini did today.

This was nowhere near a penalty - if Mane had continued his run he would have been clean through - he stopped then tried to react

I am amaz\ed that some of the shithouses on here are praising Mourinho and his team for that result. Down to the referee that they got the ponts, not tactics.

they didn’t score twice because of the ref. It was because they targeted lovern and TAA and killed us.
  • Upvote 1

They won it in the first quarter.

We started nervy, and paid for it.

Not sure Lallana was an improvement on AOC.

Lallana's shit full stop.  One decent season since the gimps been here.  Thank fuck his contract is up in 2 years maybe we'll show some initiative and fuck him off in Summer with the likes of Lovren.

• Upvote 1