You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

When the game is a hard fought close contest, like today, everything matters. So the bookings not given, the fouls not given, the penalties not given, the time wasting allowed, the cynicism, the feigning injury... it all matters.

Fair enough if we’re hammering someone 5-0 and didn’t get some decisions. You shrug that off. But today seemed so one-sided on the officiating that I’m still annoyed about it!

I wouldn't mind so much if Pawson was consistently shit, but when his undeniable incompetence is SO one way, then it becomes something far more shady than undoubted incompetence.

Pawson is more bent than a Uri Geller spoon. He should be sacked for cheating and for bias and probably corruption.

Employ the best refs from the Champion's League and rid our league of this current crop of useless fucking charlatans.

Yep. I'm a bit disappointed.

But it's done now. We're mid March and it's only our fourth defeat in the league at a ground where, I think, we've won 2 in the last 17 meetings.

It's always shit to lose to that lot. Shit, but expected at their place.

In the grander scheme of things, I've probably been more pissed off about some of the silly draws we've had this season.

This is done. Let's do an immediate Alan Partridge styleé bouncing back.

I remember everyone being up Trent’s arse when he played against them last season. He looked very nervous which wasn’t surprising. Martial was absolutely terrible that day despite clearly having the beating of him from the first couple of moments. Rashford did the complete opposite.

It was really fundamental defending errors from him though which is worrying. As in he just didn’t look natural. When defenders come in at that age they’re usually very safe. He was the complete opposite with some of the positions he was taking up. He was specifically bad when they had throw ins. It was like he was completely unaware Rash ford had drifted 5/10 yards behind him. And this wasn’t to a point where he shouldn’t be following him. Rashford was in line with our centre backs. It just looked really amateur.

You could tell from Klopp’s interview he didn’t want to throw him under the bus though. There’s no getting away from the facts though. Hopefully Clyne will be back for the next round of the champions league.

Like Kenny did and Mike Riley publically put it out there that Dalglish was wasting his time and to get back in his hole. Then for the next 4 games we got even less decisions from the refs for daring to question their decisions. I am all for bucking authority but it is a misplaced idea that speaking up about it is going to change it. We need to be more clever that Rileys mob. Maybe even finding some shit on them.

Amazing how it's constantly worked for the Mancs over the years when they've had a manager in charge like Ginsoak and this Portuguese Rat.  I guarantee the rest of our lot left Kenny out to dry over that.  Easier for rats like Riley to mouth off against one man.

Anyway I'm pissed off.

You could tell from Klopp’s interview he didn’t want to throw him under the bus though. There’s no getting away from the facts though. Hopefully Clyne will be back for the next round of the champions league.

The Season will be over by the time Clyne finally gets up to speed.

If football ‘ruins your weekend’ or impacts your life in any way other than feeling a bit pissed off for a bit after game you need to have a word with yourself.

If Celtic lose tomorrow im gonna kill a small spider then punch something dead hard

Putting aside their scummy anti football tactics,their usual lucky deflected goal and another appalling refereeing performance,from a footballing perspective two things stood out. Number one was that Mourinho had done his homework by targetting our two right sided defenders and number two,a defensive midfielder in the PL,or even the modern game,is pretty much essential. While he wasn't the greatest on the ball Matic was invaluable for United today and despite scoring an own goal that Bailly played quite well for them. The one recurring theme that we didn't need confirming was that our bench and deeper squad choices are piss poor. To be fair to Lallana he is very rusty(he usually is due to constant injuries) but Solanke to chase a goal,come on? He may turn into a very good player in the coming years but he's miles behind our current first choices. The Ox once again showed his inconsistency. We just lacked that little bit of guile that could have earned us a draw at least too.

Poor decision by Jurgen to play Hendo in the dead rubber in midweek knowing he can't do two games a week.

We just didn't click today & our passing was shocking. In games where we can't score we also try to walk the ball in instead of having a pop occasionally.

Putting aside today's specific contentious issues with the ref , he appears to referee games in a coma & looks as if he hasn't slept for a week..

Some of this is no doubt skewed by them being tough games but it does raise the question about our ability to handle the 3 games in a week...are we as sharp/are we flat.

According to BBC

"Liverpool have won only one of their seven Premier League games on the weekends immediately after a Champions League game this season (W1 D4 L2)"

Manchester United away is always a tough game no matter when you play it. Tactically we were just undone today with too many players having below their normal game and opponents tactics but you are always going to struggle when a ref has a shocker such as he did today. Beats me why our refs are not as good or honest as they are in Serie A and the Bundesliga. Some of the play acting and interuptions allowed by the ref were shocking. He gave 6 minutes added time and they must have wasted 2 minutes of them.

The ugly side of Liverpool keeps showing its face this season. It was clear from about 5 minutes in how the game was going to play out. I can't list the games from memory but there's been a few games this season where the passing has been piss poor from the start and we've lost/struggled over the line for a draw.

Was working so I missed it, thank god as I cannot bare those cunts gloating after shithousing a win.

We need to dust ourselves down and kick on now, we still have plenty to play for and the Mancs will drop more points so we need to keep the faith and keep on their coat tails.

Some of this is no doubt skewed by them being tough games but it does raise the question about our ability to handle the 3 games in a week...are we as sharp/are we flat.

According to BBC

"Liverpool have won only one of their seven Premier League games on the weekends immediately after a Champions League game this season (W1 D4 L2)"

It’ll probably be for the best if we deliberately lose in our CL QF so we can put all of our efforts into qualifying for next years CL group stage.

• Upvote 1

Trent stunk, Mane had no control, Oxo couldn't pass piss and it took them to put the ball in their net, for us fuckin score!

Other than that, we were ok......ish. 

Having said all that, what the fuck is it with this ground and the Indian sign it has on us and has done, even back in the 80's when we were untouchable.

the fucking cunts