You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

Play better and take chances, and unless the referee is catastrophically bent, they have no influence on the outcome of the game!

Other than turning down 3 pens. Id say thats a big influence bent or not

We shot ourselves in tbe foot no doubt but that cunt had a lot to do eith it

Other than turning down 3 pens. Id say thats a big influence bent or not

We shot ourselves in tbe foot no doubt but that cunt had a lot to do eith it

Huge influence.

Not just the pens.

Rashford getting off with a few bookings.

Arguable red for Valencia.

Not booking Sanchez for stopping a quick break from a free kick.

Blowing up for non-head injuries.

Not doing anything to stop United keeping the ball out of action for about 50% of the 5 or 6 minutes after our goal.

It was a hugely influential refereeing performance. Not in a good way.

• Upvote 1

I think the writing on that referee's performance was on the wall from the moment he didn't book Rashford for supporting with the crowd. It's a shit rule, but it's the rule. Clearly having a card doesn't play on Rashford's mind as he should have been booked a second time for his behaviour, but if the ref gets on it at the start, he walks mid way through the first half. 

Not that a ten man Manchester United unit would be any nicer to play against I suspect. 

The hand ball was also a pretty obvious penalty. I think you could argue that the others were in the 'see them given' category, though on balance, see them given more often than not. 

All of that said, we were pish today. The passing and rhythm was no where near good enough. Simple things were seemingly impossible. I'd have hooked Oxlade-Chamberlain before half time to be honest. He was a bit better in the second half, but he wasn't meeting minimum standards. 

Why do we have to rely on penalties? And seeing our penalty record lately, who says we'd have scored them?

I'm more concerned that our potent attack barely made De Gea work!

Yes we caused our own issues but 3 pens we should have had means we 3 good attacks snuffed out by fouls. Who says we would have scored from them.

If pens dont matter why are the given. Its like saying our goal flagged for offside wasn't important as we should have scored more

Today is exactly why we need a top class goal scorer so we can drop Bobby to a 10 at times when needed.

It’s not a criticism of him, I love the guy, but at times in the second half when 2-0 he’s making tackles in the right back position.

Agreed.

When the game is a hard fought close contest, like today, everything matters. So the bookings not given, the fouls not given, the penalties not given, the time wasting allowed, the cynicism, the feigning injury... it all matters.

Fair enough if we’re hammering someone 5-0 and didn’t get some decisions. You shrug that off. But today seemed so one-sided on the officiating that I’m still annoyed about it!

• Upvote 3

When the game is a hard fought close contest, like today, everything matters. So the bookings not given, the fouls not given, the penalties not given, the time wasting allowed, the cynicism, the feigning injury... it all matters.

Fair enough if we’re hammering someone 5-0 and didn’t get some decisions. You shrug that off. But today seemed so one-sided on the officiating that I’m still annoyed about it!

Is right

Even forgetting the cowardly penalty decisions, he was applying different rules all game. Pernickety as hell every time we put in a challenge, letting them get on with it when they did.

• Upvote 2

No surprise to me getting nothing off a ref at that cunt ground, we got fuck all at home v Spurs so this should come as no shock. Don't let it ruin you're weekend.

As for Lovren as a few have mentioned every time he opens his stupid trap. Staple his fucking lips.

I feel great after we win and forget about the match 5 mins after we lose/have a bad result and avoid MOTD/Sky Sports News.

Life is too short to let it ruin your day/weekend.

• Upvote 1

Glad our Club keep quiet about another appalling ref performance against us.  Know wonder the cunts keep fucking us over home or away.  Whether it's Klopp or someone like Edwards (what does he actually do) some fucker needs to bring it up.

Glad our Club keep quiet about another appalling ref performance against us.  Know wonder the cunts keep fucking us over home or away.  Whether it's Klopp or someone like Edwards (what does he actually do) some fucker needs to bring it up.

Like Kenny did and Mike Riley publically put it out there that Dalglish was wasting his time and to get back in his hole. Then for the next 4 games we got even less decisions from the refs for daring to question their decisions. I am all for bucking authority but it is a misplaced idea that speaking up about it is going to change it. We need to be more clever that Rileys mob. Maybe even finding some shit on them.

No surprise to me getting nothing off a ref at that cunt ground, we got fuck all at home v Spurs so this should come as no shock. Don't let it ruin you're weekend.

As for Lovren as a few have mentioned every time he opens his stupid trap. Staple his fucking lips.[/quotidian]

sooner staple his feet together so he can’t play. Truly horrific “footballer” horrible.

I ain't letting this ruin my weekend. Gutted but I think we are on a good trajectory the Manc mutants are stuck with that anti football shite even if they buy better players. I hope city being so good is like lemon juice on a cut too the fuckers.

We will improve

I feel the same way. I can’t handle defeats against that team. But for the reasons you mention today feels less painful than normal.

Also I dont have a problem acknowledging that Mourinho got his tactics spot, targeted our weaknesses and got the result.

We’ll learn from that, continue to improve, and build on the positive development we’re in. And they’ll continue with a rich mans Pulis and a squad of world class players being used as yard dogs, in a team with no balance and shithouse tactics.

It won them the game today, and it’ll win them games in the future, but I’m not so sure it’ll win them many titles.