You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester(a) Premier League - Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

I think we did pretty well until injury time in the first half and they had very little success, but the dodgy goal and the constant recent focus on our defending set the nerves jangling again. 

Second half was therefore a challenge and some of the usual problems appeared in spades , but whether they played well or not I felt that every player pulled their trollops out and so I am not going to criticise too heavily & just enjoy the win.

That ref though.

• Upvote 2

Henderson has had (rightfully) a kicking on here of late.

Thought he took his goal really well...very composed to take the extra touch.

Very composed?? He can't use his left foot period. Fucks sake anyone can see that.

Fucking mad how he gets a pass for scoring his first goal for a year even though he was his usual shithouse self

Mignolet was fouled for their first goal. Not his fault for the 2nd as his save fell on Vardys head. Saves a pen he should not have had to as he got to the ball first yet he still gets a fucking roasting.

We need to replace both by the way but no way should the keeper get the stick he's getting.

Thought Sturridge was quality when he came on tonight. Seemed to have an old head on him, keeping the ball and not panicking. He looked like he was walking past there defence at times tonight and they just didn't look like getting near him. Hopefully we can keep him fit and happy and use him more as the season goes on. We'll sadly never get the player we hoped he'd be but he's older now and he's got the brain & skill that this team needs at times.

• Upvote 3

Ridiculous game. Our midfield's lack of game management certainly contributed to our own problems and we rode our luck at times.

Salah seems to miss easy chances in every game, then pops up with a goal to make amends moments later. When Can's shot cannoned off the post, it did come to Salah very quickly but I don't think it was quick enough for him to make such a hash of it. Thankfully, he took a more difficult chance a minute later. Coutinho wasn't as influential in this one as he'd been in midweek but he popped up with a trademark goal. Slight deflection or not, Schmeichel wasn't stopping that one.

Okazaki's disallowed goal was correctly ruled out because Maguire had been standing in an offside position when the initial free kick came in. From then on, Leicester were playing for set pieces. That's how they got the one which eventually led to a goal. Vardy was away from Matip but left a leg dangling hoping for contact. The shitbirds that officiate Premier League games fall for that shit every time. Mignolet tipped Vardy's header over the bar and from the resulting corner, Okazaki prevented Mignolet from getting to the ball properly by holding his arm back, then profitted when the ball conveniently ricocheted into his path with an open goal at his mercy. Leicester's players were holding at corners all game, including an obvious infringement on Lovren in their penalty box. He was annoyed and talked himself into a yellow card, but that's the fault of the officials for letting it get to that stage.

The second half was more attritional but this time, one of our subs made a telling impact. Sturridge was excellent when he came on, setting up Henderson for the winning goal, curling an effort just over the bar from the edge of the box, but more importantly, looking strong and purposeful. Leicester players were bouncing off him as he danced past them.

Still, it wouldn't be us if we didn't give our opponents an easy way back into the game when they should be dead and buried. Gomez got done too easily (something that happened a few times in this match) and our defenders just switched off after the initial shot by Gray which Mignolet saved. Neither Lovren nor Matip had any idea where Vardy was because both had been ball-watching. It's so frustrating that our defenders have a shorter attention span than the rug-wearing orange simpleton in the Oval Office.

Another foul on our players went unseen and Leicester played the ball through to Vardy. Mignolet got some of the ball and then all of Vardy. The commentators kept bleating that Mignolet totally missed the ball when he clearly didn't. Not sure what else he could do there as if he allowed Vardy to get in first, the Leicester man would almost certainly have looked to win a penalty anyway. The Belgian saved it, suggesting he does pay attention when studying the way opponents take spot kicks.

Leicester should have had another penalty soon afterwards when the ball hit Can's arm, but given how they were getting the rub of the green on pretty much everything else, I can't say I care.

Henderson might have scored the winner, but I would have preferred Xabi or DIdi playing in there, simply because they knew how to kill the opponents' momentum by buying cheap free kicks in our half. Henderson and Wijnaldum just don't realise what's needed when the opponents are building up a head of steam, and it means we spend too long under the cosh with a defence that has proven to be unreliable. So many times I was yelling at the players to start thinking.

• Upvote 1

Very composed?? He can't use his left foot period. Fucks sake anyone can see that.

Fucking mad how he gets a pass for scoring his first goal for a year even though he was his usual shithouse self

Mignolet was fouled for their first goal. Not his fault for the 2nd as his save fell on Vardys head. Saves a pen he should not have had to as he got to the ball first yet he still gets a fucking roasting.

We need to replace both by the way but no way should the keeper get the stick he's getting.

Ridiculous disparaging of a critical goal scored very well despite how you may feel about Henderson personally. Mignolet wasn't fouled for the first goal,he made a terrible decision to go for a cross that he was never getting. His chocolate wrists also pushed the shot for the second goal into an even more dangerous area than if he'd have pushed it straight back out. The penalty was appalling but fair dos to Mignolet for saving it. Firmino stunk once more but I thought Salah was excellent and Sturridge did very well in his cameo. Moreno deserves some credit too while my reservation over Gomez still continue.

I don't see how anyone watches that today and takes encouragement. It's the same old shit.

Coutinho is coming back into form, Salah is the real deal, we stopped the slide and persevered through a tough one to get 3 points.

I don't see how anyone could watch that and find nothing to be encouraged about.

• Upvote 3