You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

So another thing that was never going to happen, has now happened. Amazing.  

There are no female only rape crisis centres in Brighton, the poor woman who’d been raped is now being attacked because she won’t accommodate men. It’s like being in the Upside Down.  The EA specifically allows single sex spaces for this exact reason.  Mental. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There are no female only rape crisis centres in Brighton, the poor woman who’d been raped is now being attacked because she won’t accommodate men. It’s like being in the Upside Down.  The EA specifically allows single sex spaces for this exact reason.  Mental. 

‘Never going to happen’ - check.
‘Man’ - check.

’Mental’ - check.

You forgot ‘do you know how this makes you look’. Study your playbook. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

‘Never going to happen’ - check.
‘Man’ - check.

’Mental’ - check.

You forgot ‘do you know how this makes you look’. Study your playbook. 

A normal, decent person would start from the perspective that all rape victims need and deserve support.

52 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So Historian is considered to have an expert opinion on this? 

Does she not get (I’m presuming she’s never been a victim of rape) that some women don’t want to be around men after such an incident, regardless of wether they are trans or not. 

Seems to me a lot of women don’t actually give a fuck about women. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A normal, decent person would start from the perspective that all rape victims need and deserve support.

Then why would someone post a series of tweets attacking someone who’s been raped?  That’s exactly what happened. You support a rape victim being attacked, I think she should have a space away from men to talk about her rape. But you think you are in the right.  Mental.  

28 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There are no female only rape crisis centres in Brighton, the poor woman who’d been raped is now being attacked because she won’t accommodate men. It’s like being in the Upside Down.  The EA specifically allows single sex spaces for this exact reason.  Mental. 

People who have been attacked by penises quite reasonably don't want to be around penises in such a vulnerable setting. No doubt she, and you, will be attacked for an obsession with penises, by people who have never had any reason to fear penises. It's pure gaslighting.

Maybe we should allow rednecks with guns into support groups for school massacre survivors too. Same energy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It’s inherently politics or prejudice with him. He is as much of a defender of women as he was a defender of Jews when he was slating Corbyn. Just a bit strange barely a word was said before or after, or even during unless Corbyn was involved. Truth is, he has been radicalised on this. He talks almost exclusively about ‘men’ and their ‘ladycocks’. I suggest people should go back and look at his early posts in this thread and then compare them to how he axle now. If anybody wonders why I bang on about the dangers of Twitter, you will get it after that. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

People who have been attacked by penises quite reasonably don't want to be around penises in such a vulnerable setting. No doubt she, and you, will be attacked for an obsession with penises, by people who have never had any reason to fear penises.

Maybe we should allow rednecks with guns into support groups for school massacre survivors too. Same energy.

Can we avoid putting a rape victim and Rico in the same group of people who have reason to fear penises. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Can we avoid putting a rape victim and Rico in the same group of people who have reason to fear penises. 

I'm pretty sure Rico doesn't fear penises, he simply has empathy for those who do. An empathy sorely lacking elsewhere, from what I can see.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

I'm pretty sure Rico doesn't fear penises, he simply has empathy for those who do. An empathy sorely lacking elsewhere, from what I can see.

It’s a great day for the GF when a rape victim is attacked for fearing men.  Well done everyone.  

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

"And in today's episode of playing the man not the ball..."

I’m more than happy to actually play the ball, but not without passing comments on people calling trans women ‘men’ for no other reason than to be a cunt. 

On to the ball. I’ve no idea about the person she ‘assumed to be trans’. No idea if they actually are trans. If they are trans I’ve no idea if they have a penis. What I do know is that I both understand a rape victim’s desire not to be around men, people who used to identify as a man, or people who were born male. I believe in female only spaces. Rape is horrendous and rape victims should get the support they need in a way they feel comfortable. That said, I highly doubt they will be able to succeed in a lawsuit.

10 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Empathy for some people who fear penises. Not  much empathy for those raped if they are trans. Those rape victims, without knowledge of whether or not they have had gender reassignment, or even if they were actually trans, are referred to as a ‘man’. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s a great day for the GF when a rape victim is attacked for fearing men.  Well done everyone.  

I, for one, have enjoyed ‘attacking rape victims’ in this thread. You see, right up there where I attacked them. Just don’t look. But it’s there. But don’t look. 

• Upvote 1

Worth a read. 

Extract from the report;

A further incentive for defendants is the possibility of escaping prison altogether on the grounds of being transgender, as has happened in a number of cases (Fahey, 2010) (Simpson, 2022) (Brazell, 2020) (ITV News, 2018) (Karim, 2020).
There is evidence that defendants and prisoners are falsely claiming to be trans in the rising numbers of trans-identified prisoners since the introduction of the care and management of transsexual prisoners policy of 2011, which has been perceived by some as giving special privileges such as private washing and laundry facilities. (Leake, 2014) (Gilligan, 2017) (Gair, 2021)

41 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

So Historian is considered to have an expert opinion on this? 

Does she not get (I’m presuming she’s never been a victim of rape) that some women don’t want to be around men after such an incident, regardless of wether they are trans or not. 

Seems to me a lot of women don’t actually give a fuck about women. 

She'll be expressing an opinion on the Gold Standard next!

Luckily, the little ladies (bless 'em) have got men to do the thinking about these things for them.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Strontium said:

People who have been attacked by penises quite reasonably don't want to be around penises in such a vulnerable setting. No doubt she, and you, will be attacked for an obsession with penises, by people who have never had any reason to fear penises. It's pure gaslighting.

It's appropriate that you've set a new record for Most Penises in One Post, because that really is a load of old cock. 

You really do check your reasoning at the door before coming to this thread.

On 24/06/2022 at 21:20, Rico1304 said:

Lots of men transition in their 40’s and 50’s.  45+ yrs of experiencing the world as a man. What gives them any perspective of being a woman?  

I wonder if mens natural reduction in testosterone as they age plays a part in this. 

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I wonder if mens natural reduction in testosterone as they age plays a part in this. 

I couldn’t say.  Lots may have AGP which is a sexual paraphilia whereby they get a sexual thrill from dressing as and passing as a woman.  

39 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m more than happy to actually play the ball, but not without passing comments on people calling trans women ‘men’ for no other reason than to be a cunt.

I'd say it's probably because they are men.

There are animals that can change sex, and humans aren't one of them.

Now in most circumstances, out of politeness, people are happy to pretend that those men are women. But that pretence stops when it actively impinges on the rights of real women. The real women who have had to fight for thousands of years simply to get to this point in history where their rights are even in the same ballpark as men's rights.

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's appropriate that you've set a new record for Most Penises in One Post, because that really is a load of old cock. 

You really do check your reasoning at the door before coming to this thread.

Hence why you continue to attack people rather than their arguments.

Everyone with a cock is a potential rapist. Fact. Nobody should have to tolerate cocks in cock-free zones.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Hence why you continue to attack people rather than their arguments.

Everyone with a cock is a potential rapist. Fact. Nobody should have to tolerate cocks in cock-free zones.

You posted that in response to me attacking not you, but that donkey-shart that you call an "argument".

Saying that "everyone with a cock is a potential rapist" is as true as saying that everyone with hands is a potential strangler.  Technically, they are equipped for it; but that doesn't mean that they're all about to start attacking people.

Rape support centres are for victims of rape. Some centres are trans-inclusive because (get this!) trans women can be rape victims, too.

The woman suing this particular support centre didn't know for sure whether her fellow rape survivor is trans.  She has even less idea of what that person has in their underwear because - and this is important - it's none of her fucking business.

There may well be a case for trans-exclusionary spaces for survivors of sexual violence, but the overriding concern has to be to ensure that all rape victims have access to some sort of support; any additional cis-women-only services would have to be subject to demand and resources.