You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I'm not sure how I would feel if it was announced he was signing for us, as unlikely as that is. At his best, he's brilliant and you can see him being very suited to the way we play. Those wages are obscene and you wonder what it would do to dressing room morale. Like others have said, I just can't see FSG paying them and they would probably be correct in that stance. 

• Upvote 2

I thought they were offering him something like £300k per week. Are United really going over and above that?

EDIT: Just seen - £18m per year which is near enough £350k per week.

There’s a piece on the Guardian site saying it’s not just the wages. He’s upped his demands for a signing on fee and his agent wants a wedge as well.

I'm not sure how I would feel if it was announced he was signing for us, as unlikely as that is. At his best, he's brilliant and you can see him being very suited to the way we play. Those wages are obscene and you wonder what it would do to dressing room morale. Like others have said, I just can't see FSG paying them and they would probably be correct in that stance. 

Ian Wright was discussing him on 606 with Kelly after our game. He said Sanchez would not speak to Wenger for a couple of days if he had been subbed in a game. That in turn lead to Wenger being reluctant to bring him off if he was not performing in games and caused resentment with other team mates who were hooked instead. Would not surprise me that he divided the team spirit when you see most of the team not celebrating that goal recently. That kind of resentment from team mates builds over a period and does no good.

I wouldn't want him here. He is a sulking twat with the backbone of a newt. Fuck him. I'd rather Ozil out of the two of them..

Sanchez is a terrific player. He’s downed tools a bit this season but last season he was one of the best players in the league.

What, you mean a 27-30 year old player on big money, on a contract that extends well beyond his expected tenure, that would bankrupt most clubs in the hope that it will enhance his reputation of being a manager who wins things wherever he goes...

...whilst at the same time ensuring that his successor suffers by comparison as he has to deal with the problem of overpaid, egotistical players at the end of their career.

Exactly.

• Upvote 1

Sanchez is a terrific player. He’s downed tools a bit this season but last season he was one of the best players in the league.

Its his attitude mate. I dont like players like that. We dont need him. Same as City, he wouldn't have been a guaranteed starter. I dont want our boat being rocked at all. 

Pretty big January and summer ahead of us, some big names looking likely to move. But if CR is really looking for a move, I'd say it's actually possible, back to Utd and Utd sign Sanchez, and possibly even Bale, can they afford all of them?! 

Anyhow, for us, get Goretzka, get my man Oblak and some other good striker to complement Firmino. Let others overpay the "big dogs".

There’s a piece on the Guardian site saying it’s not just the wages. He’s upped his demands for a signing on fee and his agent wants a wedge as well.

£5m for the agent, and £25m for Arsenal. Mad if there is a signing on fee as well.

The Sanchez money has gone nuts - there was talk of a £30m signing on fee..plus £35m to Arsenal, £5m+ to his agent (bear in mind Chelsea paid Barkley's agent £7m), plus 4 yr contract of £70m+ makes this £140m+ 

The only justification is that he is worth £80-100m in todays market (more if he was younger) - but no ones getting a bargain if they sign him and he'll have zero onward transfer value which makes it risky if you decide want rid after a couple of yrs as no one will be able to pay his wages.

The Sanchez money has gone nuts - there was talk of a £30m signing on fee..plus £35m to Arsenal, £5m+ to his agent (bear in mind Chelsea paid Barkley's agent £7m), plus 4 yr contract of £70m+ makes this £140m+ 

I'm going to ask for £1.5m from this deal. Everyone else seems to be getting their cut.

• Upvote 8