You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Comments from Carra...

an tha

Everyone, within reason, deserves a second chance. Wouldn’t surprise me if Sky wanted to get rid of Keys and Gray anyway. They’d had their day and things needed freshening up.

Oh Sky definitely wanted shot of them and leaked all of that dirt to bury them.

Someone in twitter calling sky out for hypocrisy.

Kirsty Gallagher arrested for being 3x over the limit with kids in her car. No suspension,never missed a show

See earlier in the thread. Over the limit, from drinking at a party the might before from which she took a taxi home. Stupid but unintentional and I'd wager happens way more than most people think.

They've just kicked the can down the road which seems to be the done thing these days, I dont think it means anything in terms of being re-instated as a pundit, How could he ever criticise players behaviour again after this incident, It may have been a momentary lapse but it will cost him his role as one of Sky's main pundits,  I don't see what he did as any better or worse than the two muppets Keys and Gray, 

Keys and Gray was not 'one' incident, it wasn't a momentarily lapse of judgement - it was a system of sexually inappropriate behaviour towards a number of female employees. They were rightly sacked. 

I don't think Carragher criticising a defender or a players lack of ability can be countered with 'yeah but you spat at a car'. Using that logic - how can Ferdinand criticise players? Failed a drug test. How can Gerrard? Twatted a D.J (worse he likes Phil Collins). 

This concept that because you are wealthy you are there to be treated like shit and abused by the public is one that I find incredibly strange. Is there a minimum amount to be earned whereby prior to that point - abuse is the fault of the public and not the person who reacts? 

• Upvote 1

Tend to agree. His position is pretty much untenable as a Sky pundit. How can he objectively critique players as part of his job when he has been called out for a lack of composure in a non pressure situation.

Nonsense. Sky put Craig Bellamy on quite often and he attacked John Arne Riise with a fucking golf club.

Alan Shearer goes on Match of the Day and he kicked Neil Lennon in the head.

Rio Ferdinand is on BT and he had an 8 month ban for missing a drugs test.

Robbie Savage is a borderline simpleton and he's all over BT.

Sky have given themselves the option to see how their ratings do and if they can replace him. If they can then they don't have to bring him back i guess, they don't give a shit.

I reckon BT would take him, he'd be great on their Saturday evening show

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Nonsense. Sky put Craig Bellamy on quite often and he attacked John Arne Riise with a fucking golf club.

Alan Shearer goes on Match of the Day and he kicked Neil Lennon in the head.

Rio Ferdinand is on BT and he had an 8 month ban for missing a drugs test.

Robbie Savage is a borderline simpleton and he's all over BT.

Sky have given themselves the option to see how their ratings do and if they can replace him. If they can then they don't have to bring him back i guess, they don't give a shit.

I reckon BT would take him, he'd be great on their Saturday evening show

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MOTD is not on Sky. Ferdinand is not on Sky either, he works for BT as does Savage. Bellamy may be on Sky but he is not a headline presenter pundit or what ever you want to call him.

MOTD is not on Sky. Ferdinand is not on Sky either, he works for BT as does Savage. Bellamy may be on Sky but he is not a headline presenter pundit or what ever you want to call him.

Fucking hell, the three of them are as thick as shit.  Why do people listen to them?

You're not arguing about Sky's particular HR policy though! You are arguing about the morality of what Carragher did, in which case other examples within the media of people who have erred is a valid comparison.

You're not arguing about Sky's particular HR policy though! You are arguing about the morality of what Carragher did, in which case other examples within the media of people who have erred is a valid comparison.

No actually I originally said about Sky. Someone else used examples of other companies allowing other miscreants to stay in their roles. The one about Ferdinand is particularly weak example since BT employed him in full knowledge of missing a drug test when a player with United. In other words they were not bothered about what he did or did not do under a previous employment.

It is all accademic anyway. Sky will do what they want. I was expressing my own opinion of how I see it.

Carragher made a fool of himself with the spitting, but it seems to me like he's allowing Sky to compound that foolishness now with their little public telling off, "naughty Jamie". I said the other day he'd have been better making an apology and resignation statement than give that awful interview with Sky News, why is he allowing this to happen? Is it all about the money, or has his head totally gone?

Keys and Gray was not 'one' incident, it wasn't a momentarily lapse of judgement - it was a system of sexually inappropriate behaviour towards a number of female employees. They were rightly sacked. 

I don't think Carragher criticising a defender or a players lack of ability can be countered with 'yeah but you spat at a car'. Using that logic - how can Ferdinand criticise players? Failed a drug test. How can Gerrard? Twatted a D.J (worse he likes Phil Collins). 

This concept that because you are wealthy you are there to be treated like shit and abused by the public is one that I find incredibly strange. Is there a minimum amount to be earned whereby prior to that point - abuse is the fault of the public and not the person who reacts? 

Splitting hairs but Gerrard was acquitted and I thought Ferdinand just missed a drugs test.

Anyway they were ages ago and whilst they were not on Sky's payroll , 

I think Carra will be "offered" a less prominent job on a a take it or leave it basis,  

Your point about liking Phil Collins is well made 

Seriously!

The average fan knows fuck all - even the worse football pundit knows more than the average fan. We wouldn't employ that logic in any other industry/sector/situation - I really don't understand the logic in applying it to football.

And intelligence is not demonstrated by your eloquence, academic record or business acumen. They absorb tactics and execute decisions within seconds, on the pitch. They know far more than we do.

Yes. Footballers themselves are largely following orders and play to in a set way,its why players like Messi et al are so good as they are very different to the norm and special talents. It's very different to sit on the sidelines and analyse a game versus playing in it and a good few supporters can match the shite spouted my many ex footballers paid a fortune to so called analyse these games.

Yes. Footballers themselves are largely following orders and play to in a set way,its why players like Messi et al are so good as they are very different to the norm and special talents. It's very different to sit on the sidelines and analyse a game versus playing in it and a good few supporters can match the shite spouted my many ex footballers paid a fortune to so called analyse these games.

There’s the story Carra told; shortly after Rafa took over he started a training session and had all the players doing stupid things, constantly, one after another for 20/30 minutes.

After half an hour he asked the players why they were doing everything he said to the letter? One of the squad answered, that’s the way we do it in England, we do what we’re told and follow orders.

Rafa then spent aslong explaining how players need to think for themselves, question, learn and develop.

I don’t think there’s any argument professional English footballers as a whole are less intelligent than their European counterparts.

• Upvote 1

Splitting hairs but Gerrard was acquitted and I thought Ferdinand just missed a drugs test.

Anyway they were ages ago and whilst they were not on Sky's payroll ,

I think Carra will be "offered" a less prominent job on a a take it or leave it basis,

Your point about liking Phil Collins is well made

getting off on a technicality does not mean he is Innocent, the CCTV shows he did it.

I don't think we are mate but it's all opinions I guess.

Manchester is now so diluted by this Greater Manchester bollocks that I'm not sure what a real mancunian is any more. Historically we've always been rivals,even going back to the Port(ourselves) and cotton mills etc (them.) I think they have probably been considered 'scabs' in an olde worlde type of way as they built canals to lessen the ports influence on their former industries. These things become part of the psyche and have no doubt stayed this way over the last couple of hundred years and been passed down into sport and life in general. I do think we are different to them too.

I can’t see them demoting Carragher. Neville made MNF popular but Carragher makes it the show it is. There aren’t many top ex pros who can actually break down the technical details which he highlights week in week out. He’s onviously got a team behind him as well but could you honestly see Redknapp, Henry or even Souness holding a show like that together. I actually don’t mind any of them as much as others seem to do but being honest they are your run of the mill pundits who tell you what you already know.

The only other person at Sky who could do MNF is Neville but I’ve got a feeling he doesn’t fancy it being a permanent fixture otherwise he’d already be back doing it every week with Carragher now. Sky aren’t soft. They know how good he is and would struggle to replace him. It’s telling how other fans have reacted since him taking on the job. There’s an obvious dislike of scousers in the country and he was up against it from the start. People were waiting to throw the “I can’t understand anything he says” “he’s a typical deluded Liverpool player/fan” and did it anyway even when he proved to be biased against Liverpool if anything and speak very clearly. A couple of years down the line he’s probably the most respected pundit in the game.

In terms of him resigning. I think he clearly enjoys the job and who wouldn’t. I imagine privately he thinks it was obviously a bad thing to do but he was goaded and is it really worth losing your job for especially considering it looks like Sky don’t think that way either.

Nonsense - unadulterated bollocks. They have more knowledge of what is involved than supporters, that is why they analyse. 

Stating footballers can be matched by a good few supporters is just a ridiculous statement, riddled with contempt. They know more than you and that is why you are talking to me here, and they are not. 

• Upvote 1