You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Do you really think that we would spend 70m on someone if there was any doubt whatsoever about an existing injury. I know we're incompetent but come on. The club will know the exact injury he has had and the problems, if any, it could cause in the future.

How's Andy Carrolls career coming along? His £35m is technically higher in relative terms.

How's Andy Carrolls career coming along? His £35m is technically higher in relative terms.

Not quite sure what that's got to do with what we're talking about, Carroll is one of them players that is injury prone. Did he have an injury concern when he came to us? The previous poster was questioning Van Dijk recovery from an existing injury. Like we would shell out if there was any concern over his long term recovery from such an injury.

Everton asked for a valuation, bid near it, then when asked said they think a deal can be done.

We asked for a valuation, said we could meet it, spoke to the player (either with permission or without, depending on what you believe), then leaked a story without bidding that we were the only place he'd go and likely tried to use it as leverage in negotiations.

Similar to Salah and others, we appear very eager to say we'll meet a valuation in order to speak to players, then tend to go back to their clubs after getting them on board and trying to use their eagerness to join as a way to lower the fee.

We've walked up to a car on a second hand lot, kicked the tyres, told every other punter who shows interest not to bother as we're buying it, then said to the salesman "I reckon it should be cheaper as I'm the only one here looking to buy it".

Likely designed to head-off an auction against petro-dollars that they could NOT win.  Is pretty much what I would do if outmatched like we are.

Not quite sure what that's got to do with what we're talking about, Carroll is one of them players that is injury prone. Did he have an injury concern when he came to us? The previous poster was questioning Van Dijk recovery from an existing injury. Like we would shell out if there was any concern over his long term recovery from such an injury.

I think it was more than a month after signing before he was fit to play. He'd been crocked for a month before he left Newcastle.

Kaveh Solhekol @SkyKaveh

Source close to Virgil Van Dijk expects him to be Liverpool player by end of window. No suggestion LFC have done anything since apology.

so basically nothing then. I wish I could switch off my computer for the summer and stop reading this shite

Kaveh Solhekol @SkyKaveh

Source close to Virgil Van Dijk expects him to be Liverpool player by end of window. No suggestion LFC have done anything since apology.

As I read that and scrolled down the next thing I read was that Barca have agreed a deal with Coutinho and now have to agree a fee with Liverpool, were selling Phil to get Van Dijk and Keita aren't we?

As I read that and scrolled down the next thing I read was that Barca have agreed a deal with Coutinho and now have to agree a fee with Liverpool, were selling Phil to get Van Dijk and Keita aren't we?

Would it be a surprise if that were to happen. Lets be honest none of us believed the 200 million pound spend stories that came out earlier in the summer.

I wouldnt be surprised if we get keita and vvd.

I would be very surprised and confident if we were to get both of those and not lose phil this summer.

049683af079875c45342ea2c731dbcfc.jpg

Probably bullshit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

They were the main proponents of Keita done deal and today was to be the day after several other days were supposed to be the day. They are getting so much grief About Keita this smells like diversionary tactics.

I think it was more than a month after signing before he was fit to play. He'd been crocked for a month before he left Newcastle.

You can still sign a player that is injured, a previous poster was expressing concern over Van Dijks long term fitness due to the injury he has had. The club obviously looked at the injury Carroll had had and decided it wouldn't bring any long term issues, the fact that he has been injury prone, lurching from one injury to the next has nothing to do with it. The Club will know the exact injury Virgil has had and all the long term ramifications, if any, that that injury would bring. They are not gonna invest multi millions on a player that has had an injury that could have long term effects, isn't that why they have medical anyway.

He's been 1-7 on Paddy power for ages, it changed yesterday when Chelsea were rumoured, you can now get 4-6 on him coming, got to have a go at that price. Get on it

All over it.

He'd better sign now, or that's 60c I'll never see again!