You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton At Home 7.5.17

I totally understand you an tha.

Letting Forster take the piss like that, Milner looking down with fuck all support??

Southampton came and treated us like we fucking are, gutless. Someone once posted that we have office juniors trying to play in positions where we used to have hard men.

I accept other posters points of view that it was an ok penalty, but fuck being owned like that at Anfield, or anywhere for that matter.

Imo, Klopp can only do so much, because he needs the chance to bring in some more of his own players. I do take the point that changes were needed far earlier.

Origi, fuck me Origi, not content with his nomination for worst player in france award. He is now on a new level of shit.

Major surgery needed.

I totally understand you an tha.

Letting Forster take the piss like that, Milner looking down with fuck all support??

Southampton came and treated us like we fucking are, gutless. Someone once posted that we have office juniors trying to play in positions where we used to have hard men.

I accept other posters points of view that it was an ok penalty, but fuck being owned like that at Anfield, or anywhere for that matter.

Imo, Klopp can only do so much, because he needs the chance to bring in some more of his own players. I do take the point that changes were needed far earlier.

Origi, fuck me Origi, not content with his nomination for worst player in france award. He is now on a new level of shit.

Major surgery needed.

Most seemed to disagree with me but i stand by what i said - you just don't let the opposition get away with that in my book.

Not at all.

• Upvote 1

Carbon copy of so many games at Anfield, leaving frustrated again. Shit teams just play that way and they're almost guaranteed 3 points and guaranteed one. I don't watch Southampton on a regular basis, but when did they turn into a shithouse West Brom side? 

Or do they practice the shitghousery during the week and use it against us, while we know what is coming it seems we're too busy posing for photos, taking shirts out to fans or doing adverts.

It's not a new problem but it's a major problem for us that Klopp has to address with players for next season because he either doesn't have the players now or the tactical know how now. Which is worrying.

Southamptons away record at rest of top 7

lost 2-0 at Man Utd

lost 2-1 at Arsenal

lost 3-0 at Everton

lost 4-2 at Chelsea

lost 2-1 at Spurs

drew 1-1 with City

It's the same old problem for us - not beating these shite teams...if we could fix this problem we would win this league.

28 points dropped to teams outside top 7....10 pts more than spurs and chelsea combined have dropped to same teams.

To beat us, or grab a point out of us, you have to do 3 simple things

1. Sit deep

2. When you have the ball break in numbers

3. When you lose the ball get back to your position

No visionary tactics, no stellar managerial acumen, just simple Sunday league football advice.

We are an easy gig to set up against to get something out of and we have been, for some months now.

Top team mini league performance means fuck all when you struggle with the other 66% of the league.

Klopp needs to get his shit together.

1. Sit deep

No visionary tactics, no stellar managerial acumen, just simple Sunday league football advice.

We are an easy gig to set up against to get something out of and we have been, for some months now.

Top team mini league performance means fuck all when you struggle with the other 66% of the league.

But mainly he needs better players.

Guest Pistonbroke

1. Sit deep

If we don't score early at home we are dire, sometimes (Like Palace) we are even dire when we score early. We look like we are trying to make sure we don't concede at the back instead of sticking to what worked for us earlier in the season. Hopefully we can fuck WH over, last game at home this season for them, reckon they'll have a go. 

Most seemed to disagree with me but i stand by what i said - you just don't let the opposition get away with that in my book.

Not at all.

Dead right mate,Souwey said at half time that a few of ours need to stick a foot in,upset the opposition even if it takes a few yellow cards.Fuck me Crazy horse would've ploughed through that lot today.
  • Upvote 1

But mainly he needs better players.

Thats the Jose Mourinho book of managerial game changing, by buying your way out of it -we neither are, nor should we be, like that.

Sometimes you have to do the footballing equivalent of turning water into wine. At first - and don't get me wrong here I love Klopp - he took the league by storm and the league struggled to get how we played, now, its a roll reversal - he needs to now understand how the the league plays.

Don't get me wrong(once again), we do need improvements in specific areas, absolutely, but this stock set up by the opposition that reaps so many rewards, needs to be addressed and that won't just come by chucking a shed load of money at it, the manager has to get on to the league, the way the league has gotten on to him, and us. 

If we don't score early at home we are dire, sometimes (Like Palace) we are even dire when we score early. We look like we are trying to make sure we don't concede at the back instead of sticking to what worked for us earlier in the season. Hopefully we can fuck WH over, last game at home this season for them, reckon they'll have a go. 

We lack so much confidence, that as you say, if we don't score early, we become dire, or, more to the point for me, we flap and panic.

Them basics that teams do to us - once time passes and they're doing their job, frustration kicks in with us and the frustration leads to panic and we make mistakes and not just on the park, the fans are as much to blame for the mental lack of any mettle, as the team are. 

Guest Pistonbroke

We lack so much confidence, that as you say, if we don't score early, we become dire, or, more to the point for me, we flap and panic.

Them basics that teams do to us - once time passes and they're doing their job, frustration kicks in with us and the frustration leads to panic and we make mistakes and not just on the park, the fans are as much to blame for the mental lack of any mettle, as the team are. 

After beating Everton at home I thought we'd kick on, the away wins have been good but our following home games have been atrocious. Why the fuck we have Lucas patrolling in front of the back four at home to teams defending deep is beyond me. Matip or Lovren just need to defend a bit further up the pitch to make that position redundant. 

We also need to jib off Origi leading the line, he's fucking gash and piss easy to defend against as he is shit scared to take on a defender and looks far too lazy at times. 

After beating Everton at home I thought we'd kick on, the away wins have been good but our following home games have been atrocious. Why the fuck we have Lucas patrolling in front of the back four at home to teams defending deep is beyond me. Matip or Lovren just need to defend a bit further up the pitch to make that position redundant.

We also need to jib off Origi leading the line, he's fucking gash and piss easy to defend against as he is shit scared to take on a defender and looks far too lazy at times.

The problems are down to the lack of depth and options in squad.

When we were bombing before christmas our front 6 was ...henderson, can or wij, lallana, coutinho, firmino, mane.

taking 1 or 2 out of that at any time (and since turn of year it has nearly always been case) and even 3 like of late and we literally can't replace with like for like or we have to put in players who don't suit/move players around to try and shoehorn them into the shape.

It is criminal that we have such a paucity of options...i also think that klopp needs to be more flexible - if you haven't got the right personnel for a certain formation then use another one.

we are boss in our 4-3-3 when that front 6 above are on park when a couple of them are missing we are largely shite - devoid of pace, ideas and our play is S---L---O---W.

It really shouldn't be case and it is laughable it still is this long into klopps time here.

I'd like to see a bit more of Grujic.  We don't need Lucas or Wijnaldum in either of the games coming up, surely.  

Completely agree mate.  Go with a 3 of  Can,  Grujic,  Lallana  for the remaining 2 games.

Honestly amazing just how invisible Wijnaldum was today,  although I'm sure that some twat will pop up with a stat to demonstrate that the lad is the best thing since sliced bread. 

Grujic needs minutes apparently...i am sure the 4 or whatever it was he got today will do him the world of good.

The computer stats men say he can't play though so he does not play - whats point of having players on bench if they can't play or you won't play them.

What the fuck is Grujic meant to do being brought on after 86 mins?

Just finished watching the game. I'll go back and see what others thought, but my eye caught the word SLOW above, and that's spot on. We have all the play up to the last third, but then we are sort of running out of ideas and there's hardly anyone getting beyond them. We are a different team without Mane and it's too ponderous.

With that said, Southampton seem to have our measure of late, and we find it very difficult to break them down. We looked more likely once Sturridge came on and Gruijic had a nice header near the end too. Milner's penalty was a bit soft - a penalty, yes, but if it was the other way around I'd have felt it was harsh.

I think the commentator said it had been 7.5 years since Milner last missed a penalty, and with our luck today had to be the day when another miss happened. Some misses are because they are ballooned over, or wide, or struck so poorly it's a gimme for the goalie. In this instance it was well struck, low, hard, to the corner, but unfortunately a very good save from the goalie. It happens, but we really didn't need it today.

I'm watching Arsenal v Man Utd as I type. I don't know the score and so I'll pause on hitting the despair button, as our point against Southampton might prove to be an important point won. It'll let you know in about an hour! (I suspect I'll find out the score on here before then).

First half was dour today, but on the bright side I grew up on loads of European football where the mighty reds just stroked the ball around and got a feel for the game, keeping it tight at the back without busting a gut trying to open the opposition up. We did that today which wasn't bad, as such... though unfortunately we couldn't turn it into a win as we pushed more and more in the second half.

* Just remembered one thing in the first half, when the camera panned to our bench and Moreno was doing that water bottle thing, flipping it over and trying to land it without bottle falling over. Words fail me!

Score the winner on a thumping header would have been good.

Ha - i was waiting for that one after i posted, open goal! but you know what i meant!

If he would have come on after say 66 mins instead he would maybe have had more than one chance to win the game - but instead we had to watch the player he replaced be invisible until he gets put on with hardly any time left.

I don't know what's worst about Origi - having a Championship striker leading our line - or The Kop singing his name at any excuse, such as closing their keeper down.

Would defo keep Sturridge over him as our back up striker next season.

For this match , would have liked to seen Klopp learn some lessons from our miserable home form this year and play two wide men with the full backs overlapping them. Rather than the redundant Lucas and the hopeless Origi - have TAA and Moreno as the two wide men to stretch them.