You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton At Home 7.5.17

Sorry but I think that's rubbish. I was surprised at Southampton's effort as I fully expected them to be strolling round carefree (and nick a 2-1 win or something). But they were at it from the first minute, closing down everywhere and contesting every ball. There's plenty of room for criticism today without putting Southampton down.

Not from where I was sitting they wasn't. Once we ran out of ideas after half an hour and started finding Romeu with every one of our passes is when they started putting the effort in as they knew we'd blew our load.

That's were Klopp frustrates me,as all it would take is a positional change to see if it can at least make a difference but it's the same thing all game

southampton were really up for getting a point...they came with no other aim but got it of course... the way they celebrated pen save and at end and way when they had to (albeit not often) they threw selves into challenges etc/blocked when needed to showed how up for frustrating us they were

Let's see if they put in same shift on Weds and against mancs

Sorry but I think that's rubbish. I was surprised at Southampton's effort as I fully expected them to be strolling round carefree (and nick a 2-1 win or something). But they were at it from the first minute, closing down everywhere and contesting every ball. There's plenty of room for criticism today without putting Southampton down.

They were fucking shit. Didn't get near our goal and even despite our bluntness in attack Forster was still their man of the match. If it was Man City instead of us out there today this would've finished 4-0.

• Upvote 1

Not from where I was sitting they wasn't. Once we ran out of ideas after half an hour and started finding Romeu with every one of our passes is when they started putting the effort in as they knew we'd blew our load.

That's were Klopp frustrates me,as all it would take is a positional change to see if it can at least make a difference but it's the same thing all game

Watch it again.

They were fucking shit. Didn't get near our goal and even despite our bluntness in attack Forster was still their man of the match. If it was Man City instead of us out there today this would've finished 4-0.

I didn't praise their performance or attacking play, just their effort.

Just the first 5 minutes then, long enough to see the effort they put in.

You're missing my point mate. Our manager had no idea how to get a win against a team with nothing to play for other than pride in trying to frustrate us.

I don't know why you're that arsed that I'm not praising Southampton for this when we've blew another chance of securing top 4.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just the first 5 minutes then, long enough to see the effort they put in.

Yeah, Southampton put effort in, they were organised and drilled from the off. They did fuck all in an attacking sense apart from playing the odd long ball, but they put the effort in in MF by tracking players and also in defence. Not the type of football I like to see, especially from a club playing for nothing but pride and a bit of cash, but their effort was there for all to see. 

Thought from today's game;

Thank fuck we won at stoke, west brom and watford else we'd be really in the shit now.

Yet another fucking appalling ref with some of his decisions today.

Why didnt Klopp change the team at half time or even after 55 minutes when it was clear to everyone in the ground that try as they did, the players were not making an impression on the oppos?

Origi offered nothing today.

Why the fuck are we continuing to give Matip and Lovren the ball to bring out of defence when neither of them can make a pass?

Milner first penalty miss since 2009?

Why have we started playing so fucking s-l-o-w-l-y?

Guest Pistonbroke

When Klopp won the leagues with Dortmund, did he have them sewn up with games to go, or did they go right to the wire?

I'm not belittling these wins at all. Just out of interest

First title was wrapped up with 2 games to play and 9 points ahead, or something similar. Their defence of the title was also very similar but involving different teams. 

You're missing my point mate. Our manager had no idea how to get a win against a team with nothing to play for other than pride in trying to frustrate us.

I don't know why you're that arsed that I'm not praising Southampton for this when we've blew another chance of securing top 4.

I'm not missing your point, I said myself earlier in the thread Klopp has no Plan B, we're tactically inflexible and the subs were too late.

But I don't agree with misrepresenting a situation in order to add to the criticism. Like I said in my first reply to you there was enough to criticise today without putting Southampton down.

Guest Pistonbroke

This could come down to needing to beat and already relegated Boro at home to guarantee it... Imagine the shitstorm if we managed to fuck that up...

Be our very own CLexit.