You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

26 years I hope - Crystal Palace (H), April 23

s(k)aturation

United only have 2 fit centre backs and have to go away to City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Southampton. (I know everyone knows this).

With the Europa league thrown in, not inconceivable they will lose 2 of those.

Ive changed my mind for the 3rd time in 10 mins, top 4 is back on.

• Upvote 2

No mention of Can? For their 2nd he just stood there watching. Not even an attempt to challenge. Awful stuff. 

100' a week? Are you havin a laugh? On the attack he's weak too. No flair, no vision , no technical ability. Maybe worth a free beer in the pub league, Though i doubt it. Just let him go, please!

Same old same old. Brain dead defence, lightweights all over the field getting brushed aside by a puff of wind, slow side to side passing, no pace, "wing backs" that can't take a player on or cross the ball, a striker who spends more time tackling himself than trying to score, 1 fucking shot on target all game, and a bunch of kindergarten kids on the bench.

Where to start fixing this? I'd start with the defence. For all that Mourinho's a nasty tedious narcissistic turd, he's got them looking solid (ish ) at the back. Chelsea solid defensively. Spurs solid at the back (and big and strong all over the pitch). Even Arsenal can defend corners.  We've been shit at defending, especially corners and crosses, for far too long. Sort it out Jurgen.

Read through this and similar threads. Countless posters can see and post what's going to happen during the game. It's been predictable for ages alas our Manager week on week sits on his hands awaiting the inevitable to play out.

I'm still ambivalent towards him, baffles me that so many see him as the second coming though I have to say.

Managers fault that today. The 433 clearly wasn't working as we were no threat going forward, none competitive in midfield and the defence were giving us the nightmare performance we know they've got in them and he done nothing to address it till it was too late.

Milner and Lucas should have been dragged off on the hour as they gave us nothing today and he should have changed the shape to get us in their half more and staying there. You'd have thought it was August the way we surrendered that today.

Fuck knows what our players were doing with those stupid flicks or trying to bring the ball down with there bodies out of proportion to we're the ball was going.

Doing the simple things wins matches, unfortunately it took a dinosaur of a manager and a bunch of failed players to show our world class shower of show offs what it takes today.

someone help me see hope of top 4 here, please?...

we have 4 games left and sit on 66...most we can get is 78 - us winning all 4 is for me massively unlikely....lets be really kind and say we win 3 and lose 1 - that is 75 pts.

So to get top 4 that would mean man utd getting less than 12 pts out of a possible 18 and city getting less than 11 out of a possible 18...

Just can't see any hope at all there.

If you wanna defend deep, and play route one football Lovren can do a job. He won't be great, but he'll be ok. If you have higher ambitions you need better players.

• Upvote 1

one shot on target, the goal. They deserved to win today, but I expect us to have more joy in the away games.

Coutinho scored and then was on target again when he had that mazy run into their penalty area. I know what Sky are saying but, as fucking usual, they are talking bollocks.

United only have 2 fit centre backs and have to go away to City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Southampton. (I know everyone knows this).

With the Europa league thrown in, not inconceivable they will lose 2 of those.

Ive changed my mind for the 3rd time in 10 mins, top 4 is back on.

Our owners and players don't deserve top 4.

Top 4 will just convince Klopp to keep the likes of Lovren.

I'd rather we don't finish top 4 and have a massive cull rebuilding the first team and squad from back to front.

• Upvote 1

He's not great at setting up a team to be solid, but he can't legislate for Lovren's stupidity today.

We all know Lovren is shit.  The fact the cunts still gets in the team and is getting a new contract is on the Manager.  He's had ample time to replace him he choose Klavan an even bigger disaster.  I didn't think that was possible.

Our owners and players don't deserve top 4.

Top 4 will just convince Klopp to keep the likes of Lovren.

I'd rather we don't finish top 4 and have a massive cull rebuilding the first team and squad from back to front.

Some validity in this but you just know the cull and rebuild won't happen...for the reasons that we have not done anywhere near enough in terms of a cull and rebuild in the 3 transfer windows that have gone since Klopp took over.

Some validity in this but you just know the cull and rebuild won't happen...for the reasons that we have not done anywhere near enough in terms of a cull and rebuild in the 3 transfer windows that have gone since Klopp took over.

If we're being brutally honest, then yes it won't.

Mignolet will still be in goal and Firmino will still be our number 9.

Roll on next season.