You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

26 years I hope - Crystal Palace (H), April 23

s(k)aturation

Chickens coming home to roost big time as regards lack of squad depth goes.

Fair enough the team today should of been good enough to beat Palace but you have your off days. The major problem is there is very little in the way of adequate replacements.

Three injuries to first teamers, which isn't really that uncommon and we have to resort to a bench full of kids.

Why were'nt Moreno, Sakho and Sturridge sold and replaced in the summer? Just one or two additions would have been invaluable over the season but we gambled on a having a small squad with having no European commitments and its bit us on the arse.

FSG need to get real about the level of investment required to compete at the top end and Klopp needs to get real about how much he can squeeze out these players and stop ignoring transfer windows when practically the whole fan base can see we're crying out for reinforcements.

If we can see it, why can't he? And if he does see it, why hasn't he done something about it?

CL qualification or not, we really need to start acting like a big club this summer.

• Upvote 1

I'm fucking sick as a cunt.

Its a proper fucking stomach punch low isn't it - just so modern day lfc.

I know people get the nark over it when we post 'shithouses' etc and criticise the state of the squad etc - but the crtitcism is born out of being let down over and over again when it matters and in the same predictable fashion.

It baffles me, angers me, frustrates me and hurts me why the fucking hell we as a club thought we could run with a squad as thin on options as ours - why we have sat on our hands for 2 of the last 3 windows allowing the squad to be slimmed and nowhere near enough done to address the inbalance and lack of depth, nous and quality it has.

To the point where today when push came to shove our chosen options off the bench to try and salvage a game we had to win really was two full backs - one of who is a kid and a midfielder in his first year in this country who has been injured most of the year.

On top of all that is our inability to despatch the shite....26 pts now have gone to sides outside the top 6...spurs and chelsea have dropped less than 10...Watching Man Utd breeze to victory at Burnley today, again effortlessly brushing aside the shite was just so predictable - of the top 6 sides only one has lost at Burnley this season...the other 5 boast 4 wins and a draw.

The frustration is just so fucking great - time and time again this side let us down and they are showing no real signs of changing and worse still the club seems to be doing little to nothing to change things by culling and rebuilding to get rid of the physically and mentally weak that hold us back and bringing in players with the nous and mental and physical stength needed to handle the expectations and demands of playing and achieving things at Liverpool Football Club.

1 trophy in the last 10 years says it all about our club.

• Upvote 6

Where do we start with that? At the beginning I suppose and you could see it in the warm up they weren't at it. Coutinho took a while to get into it but i thought him and wijnaldum were our best players first half.

The way cabaye got away from lovren opened us up and benteke finished well at the back post. I reckon he looked at origi today and felt glad he wasn't having to stand up front while we created nothing not that origi is past blame as he offered nothing. Didn't win a header. One moment summed him up when he tried to knock the ball past the left back but there was no conviction in it and he just knocked it to the full back.

Lovren to blame for the 2nd as well. Shite pass then went for the ball and lay on the ground as they won a corner and our Achilles heel was laid bare again. Need to see it again but was firmino at the front post and the ball got past him but of course benteke is there to score again while we all stand and watch.

A fucking bysmal defending again. And why did we wait so long to make subs? Origi should have been hooked as soon as they went 2-1 up.

We have a habit of being made to look like a bunch of turds by ex players.

We can all kid ourselves by pointing out had we had Henderson and Lallana they would have made a difference but we've all seen the same scenario pan out with them two playing- in fact they could be 2 of the biggest culprits- Henderson shooting into the stands form 30 yards at every opportunity and Lallana trying 5 yard passes when he has an open goal.

The ONLY player we have that you genuinly feel could have won you games when he's not been there is Mane- thats a disgrace given the staggering money we have spent in the last 5 years. 

As for Lovren, sell him to Palace- then watch him keep us out with a barnstorming performance next season.

As for Benteke, put him in a Liverpool shirt today and the score would be the same as he would spent the whole game meandering around the D of the penalty box getting bullied by the Palace defenders.

Don't finish top4- big overhaul needed.

DO finish top4- even bigger overhaul needed

Does anybody have the stats of how many points we've dropped from winning positions this season?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Not sure, but I think we've broken our own record in terms of reversing deficits this season, which surprised me.

He'd have contributed a hell of a lot more than Sturridge this season....

Whats worse than a footballer earning more in a week than you do in a year? 

A fucking footballer who earns more in a week than you do in a year that actually DOENST play football.

Despite the best possible medical treatment in the world at his disposal F.O.C.    

Who will then proceed to leave Liverpool and actually get a ton more money as part of the move and score against us every time.

Sturridge young sir, you are an utter cunt   

Another season, same old shit.

I didn't see the game but a quick perusal of this thread plus knowing how the game panned out tells me pretty much everything I need to know. We are in the habit of letting ex-players score against us just as much as we are in the habit of letting players who otherwise couldn't find the net get goals against us. And we often do it from a winning position. This is not a new thing - it has been going on for years.

Right now, we are like the side of 20 years ago which finished 4th in a 2-horse race, losing at home against the likes of relegation-threatened Coventry in the run-in. Having played more games than the teams immediately below us, we are now relying on all of them dropping points as well as hoping that we win our games. That there are several head-to-head fixtures means that points will be dropped by the other teams, but can you can it wil be to our advantage when we don't know how to drive that advantage home?

That is now 3 years on the bounce that Palace have come away from Anfield with maximum points, and the matches themselves have basically followed the same pattern each time. Shite.

If there is a way to fuck things up from a winning position, we will find it. That is what we do.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "I have no idea how Crystal Palace are in the situation they are. We knew it was difficult. We were dominant, you cannot create 20 chances in a game like this, you have to work and that is what we did.

"We scored a fantastic goal and more interesting situations and then out of nothing let them score. After you could see their confidence grew and in the second half we were dominant.

"They had counter-attack threat but again out of nothing we gave them an opportunity from a corner. The decisive one we missed the ball at the front post.

"It is frustrating, disappointing of course, everyone thinks the Champions League has slipped through our fingers but we have one more month to stay positive. We have to try everything to squeeze everything out of this season."