You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

The owners should be on the phone to Juventus asking them how they get so many players on piss take loans. They'll probably hang up when Juventus say "but we did buy Higuain for 80 million"

There must be a better centre back even on loan who could do a better job than Lucas. There must be a striker out there who isn't a sulky twat who can run faster than Daniel Sturridge. As well as a winger who could fill in for Mane.

Even that Gabriel Barbosa at Inter is never getting any games. At least he'd have a point to prove to himself and Inter if he came here.

Couldn't we bid something for that left back at Schalke as cover for Milner?. I know he is out of contract in the summer but there will probably be about 5 or 6 teams after him in the summer?.

William Carvalho would improve our midfield and probably take the pressure off our defence. It's been well known that Sporting would sell at a decent price. We could probably get Kondogbia on loan from Inter. It hasn't worked out for him there but he wasn't shite when they bought him.

I'm not advocating spending tons on unsuitable players as it's been our undoing for years. There are plenty of players out there pissed off that they aren't getting a regular game who would want to come and play for Klopp. They don't have to be 60m signings.

Fed up of hearing the same shite and us deliberately targeting players who aren't available.

• Upvote 5

I have no problem at all with not wanting to spend £25m on a 17 year old Pulisic last summer and instead opting to wait a year when his contract has run down a bit and his potential is clearer. I have absolutely no problem on missing out on that player when he starts to show that potential and signs a new contract. What I have a problem with, and this isn't hysteria of the vaginal variety, is after keeping our powder dry you just know our back up plan will be to spend £30m on Nathan fucking Redmond.

• Upvote 1

The owners should be on the phone to Juventus asking them how they get so many players on piss take loans. They'll probably hang up when Juventus say "but we did buy Higuain for 80 million"

There must be a better centre back even on loan who could do a better job than Lucas. There must be a striker out there who isn't a sulky twat who can run faster than Daniel Sturridge. As well as a winger who could fill in for Mane.

Even that Gabriel Barbosa at Inter is never getting any games. At least he'd have a point to prove to himself and Inter if he came here.

Couldn't we bid something for that left back at Schalke as cover for Milner?. I know he is out of contract in the summer but there will probably be about 5 or 6 teams after him in the summer?.

William Carvalho would improve our midfield and probably take the pressure off our defence. It's been well known that Sporting would sell at a decent price. We could probably get Kondogbia on loan from Inter. It hasn't worked out for him there but he wasn't shite when they bought him.

I'm not advocating spending tons on unsuitable players as it's been our undoing for years. There are plenty of players out there pissed off that they aren't getting a regular game who would want to come and play for Klopp. They don't have to be 60m signings.

Fed up of hearing the same shite and us deliberately targeting players who aren't available.

too much common sense here. Wait for the Klopp only wants the right player brigade. You know, the ones we won't get in the summer.

• Upvote 5

I hear what Klopps saying but you would have thought a transfer commitee would have a strategy.

Eg- work one window in advance. Dont go approaching clubs with frantic bids with only week to negotiate. Players we wanted now should have been sounded out back in August so the clubs involved dont immediately get the hump when Ian sends one of his fax's under bidding for people.

Maybe thats a crap idea but would seem more successful than our current approach  

• Upvote 1

I hear what Klopps saying but you would have thought a transfer commitee would have a strategy.

Eg- work one window in advance. Dont go approaching clubs with frantic bids with only week to negotiate. Players we wanted now should have been sounded out back in August so the clubs involved dont immediately get the hump when Ian sends one of his fax's under bidding for people.

Maybe thats a crap idea but would seem more successful than our current approach

Is that what we're doing?

And... Pulisic has just signed a new contract with Dortmund...

Ah well i guess that cunning plan of waiting til his contract ran out in 2018 and getting him cheap didn't work out.

Who could have seen that one coming.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Devastating news about Pulisic, especially given Draxler's gone to PSG. That means Julian Brandt is the only player in the whole world worth signing now.

Knowing our club we'll hand over 15 million and get a painting of Willy Brandt. 

You can't spell 'diarrhoea', and you made that mistake in all CAPS, which further compounds your failings.

Not to mention you spelt 'syphilis' wrong.

I prefer the American spelling as its easier given my inadequacy. You however remain unfunny.

Now fuck off and find us some more gems from FM 2016.

The problem is that we can't just be linked to players with the ability to sort us out, it turns out that they also have to be dead fashionable names as well, otherwise we start wailing like fucking babies at FSG.

Berahino could do a better job than Sturridge, no chance we'd have gone for that.

We were looking at Shane Long and the place almost exploded.

We don't need another centre back, we need forwards and midfielders who scare the shit out of the opposition, so they don't attack us in numbers everytime we lose possession in their final third.

Matthieu and Mascherano are fucking shit centre backs, but somehow their defensive frailties don't get exposed too often at Barca. You can guess why, hopefully.

Lovren is decent, Matip is decent, Klavan is decent, Gomez is decent albeit inexperienced. Yes would be nice to get in a monster CB, but look how that turned out for City with Mangala and Otamendi, or Chelsea with Zouma, or United with Bailly. Throwing money at it isn't necessarily going to solve your defensive problems.

I prefer the American spelling as its easier given my inadequacy. You however remain unfunny.

Now fuck off and find us some more gems from FM 2016.

Andreas Gustavsson.

Bought him from Karlsruhe for £1.9m, and he's now 23 and worth £116m.

Nice.

I sold COutinho and Firmino in my first summer and brought in players and won the league, suck on that padre.

Belotti, cost me £22m from Torino. Has since played 217 times for me, and scored 150 goals.

Uh, uh, UH.

Kept Mane, he won the World Footballer of the Year award, and then came in second the next year.

Never did hear much from Coutinho and Firmino, I guess they're doing ok somewhere. Nice flicks and that.

• Downvote 1

Andreas Gustavsson.

Bought him from Karlsruhe for £1.9m, and he's now 23 and worth £116m.

Nice.

I sold COutinho and Firmino in my first summer and brought in players and won the league, suck on that padre.

Belotti, cost me £22m from Torino. Has since played 217 times for me, and scored 150 goals.

Uh, uh, UH.

Kept Mane, he won the World Footballer of the Year award, and then came in second the next year.

Never did hear much from Coutinho and Firmino, I guess they're doing ok somewhere. Nice flicks and that.

See stick to your strengths. COutinho is some player though. Caps lock ?

too much common sense here. Wait for the Klopp only wants the right player brigade. You know, the ones we won't get in the summer.

People could point out that Carvalho has been part of a power struggle between Sporting President Bruno Carvalho and Jorge Mendes, with Carvalho promising to rid Sporting of the influence of Mendes, they could mention that W.Carvalho left Mendes and signed a new contract increasing his buyout fee to 45 million and that with Sporting holding presidential elections in March and Bruno Carvalho running again it's highly unlikely that he'll allow W.Carvalho to leave in January given he's the poster child for his short term success and evidence of him sticking to his mandate.

Or that Kondogbia was so bad under de Boer he was jeered by his own supporters but has improved, and increased playing time, under Stefano Pioli.

Or that Gabigol was quoted as saying over Christmas that 

"I’ve only been here for three months, so it has taken time to adapt to the city and the team," he said.

"I am very happy at Inter. Obviously I hope to play more, but I am happy and realise it will take some patience. I train every day to improve and every day I feel more settled.

"Plan A is to stay at Inter and make my mark here the way I did at Santos."

As for Juventus' and their 'piss take loans', they are on the hook for 15 million for a three year loan of Cuadrado and are obliged to sign him for a further 10 million (dependent on team achievements, if those achievements aren't met there is no obligation to buy) and a further 4 million in contingent payments (values in Euros). All with a better player in Coman on loan to Bayern.

The only other player they had on loan over the first half of the season is Benatia who's not exactly been pulling up trees with 7 starts.

It's very easy to take a high level look at players and just assume they're available, of that they're obvious targets while everyone pats themselves on the back for a good afternoon of youtube scouting but their are far more moving parts to a transfer than quoting names.
  • Downvote 1

OK Cardie i bow to your superior knowledge on these players current contract situations.

I just used those players as an example as we have been tentatively linked with them, I'm not a scout paid a good wage to go round south America and all the leagues in Europe. Kondogbia was good for Monaco whenever I've watched him. As for Carvalho I didn't know that about him but I simply thought he would be exactly what our team need instead of watching loads of teams walk through our midfield.

All you ever seem to do is disagree with every single poster on here and don't come up with any of your own opinions. Anyone who seems worried about the way the club is heading or the fact that we haven't bought anyone in this January when it's obvious that we need fresh legs seems to get sneered at by you.

• Upvote 7

Once more. The likelihood of these players we couldn't get in this window being signed in the summer is ? Sides with more money will swamp us as always and pay higher fees and wages. 

If we cannot find better than we have, not talking about household names here then our scouting is as fucking useless as we know it is. Must we always wait to sign someone from Southampton. You could see how good Van Dijk was for instance.

Klopp needs time, better scouts and preferably a few bob to spend.