You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

I'm sure he wasn't expecting so many long term injuries to key players, for Karius to be worse than Mig and for Matip being in no man's land when the club thought he'd retired.

Have we had more long term injuries than what you would normally expect?

I would say our most important players are Clyne, Matip, Milner, Henderson, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana and Firmino. A few of those have missed some games due to injury, but not one of them has had a real long term injury.

Big fan of Klopp, but one of the mistakes he has made was going into the season with too thin a squad. And when it comes to injuries we've suffered about the amount you should expect, maybe less.

So far Man Utd have signed?.......how about Chelsea?......Spurs?....the only signing made is by Man CIty and that was a deal made in the summer.

Will they make signings in the next week, maybe, maybe man utd will finally sign Lindelof, maybe Guardiola will panic buy half the Bayern Munich team maybe Conte or Pochetino will each sign a player.

But they haven't yet which makes the idea that our competitors are pressing ahead seem hollow at the moment.

Despite our decent good league position each team you mentioned have a better squad than ours. Our first 12-13 players are good, but then after that we have dross or youngsters. United had Mata on the bench against us, and Martial couldn't even make the squad against Stoke. City brought in GabrielJesus despite having arguably the best striker in the league in Aguero and the best young striker in Iheanacho.

Problem is it doesn't take a superior knowledge, it just involves a cursory check of the information available.

Like Klopp's comments this weekend, they aren't new, he's been saying the same thing, almost, since he got here. People have largely ignored it though because it doesn't fit a pre-determined narrative/it's far more uncomfortable for people to be seen to be going after Klopp than it is to be seen going after FSG.

Now it could be that Klopp is towing the party line but all evidence points to that not being the case at the moment so until we have evidence to the contrary it would be an odd stance to take to assume that Klopp isn't big enough or sufficiently powerful (especially being adored by fans and media while sitting on a 6 year deal) that he has to be the propaganda mouth piece for the owners.

There's a big difference between no players being available and the players Klopp wants not being available.

This is a sensible post.

Big fan of Klopp, but one of the mistakes he has made was going into the season with too thin a squad. And when it comes to injuries we've suffered about the amount you should expect, maybe less.

And at the beginning of this season, your expectations were what?

I find the thought of us signing anyone disgusting. I'm personally glad we are taking a stand against the scourge of transfers and new players. Good riddance to it. No transfer news is the new signing. Just think of the savings. 

The idea of winning the Premier League and UEFA Champions league sickens me to the core. As long as we have the most diverse corporate portfolio, the best PR, the best value signings, the best website and the most balanced balance sheet I'm a happy fan.

• Upvote 2

Whereas if we lose, the majority of fans who bravely went out on a limb (!) and predicted we'd finish sixth will be happy?

You remain a sneering tit, lacking in any great footballing insight that I've been able to discern on here, to remotely justify your hubris.

I see you hiding in that rep list Sugar Ape.  Do the right thing!