You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

If Klopp isn't the answer, I dread to think what the question is. We have one of the best managers in the world, if we start getting shirty with him, getting at him and asking for him to be sacked, where the fuck do we go from there?

People will turn on the owners before they turn on Klopp.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

People will turn on the owners before they turn on Klopp.

Yeah, some will that's for sure. Some will look at Klopp as the man in charge of footballing things and rip him with no regard for the environment he's working in. I'm worried, again, that we have bought players who are worth less than their transfer fees, but there's little I can do about that other than hope. We seem to be making the same mistakes, over and over. Regardless of who the owner is or who the manager is or who the CEO is. It's getting tedious.

• Upvote 1

Even if Klopp were to fail for some reason, the Premier League is entering an era of unprecedented popularity and wealth. It's an incredibly attractive league for managers to come work in and we could probably get a manager with top pedigree to replace Klopp just based on that fact alone.

Klopp is a proven great manager but he has a very specific way of working and he seems like someone who believes in his methods so much that he wouldn't know what to do if things go wrong. That's just a hunch I have based on his finals record and the last season he had at Dortmund. So based on that, if he were to fail here, I don't think we'd be a "lost cause" or whatever, Klopp would have just gotten it wrong and we'd have to regroup but it's way to early to be thinking about stuff like that anyways and all signs are currently pointing towards Klopp winning us trophies in the future. 

Little bit of smoke out there that Jese is available from Real and that we're interested.

I know it is almost certainly made up because after all, we already went out and spent 30m on a wide forward in Mane, but I would love that move.  Scores a lot of goals from a wide position, young, and available.  The problem is it would mean selling someone for sure and I don't know who it could be (Lallana?).  And I'm not sure he'd start ahead of Coutinho on the left.

But I would really love to see us figure out a way to run Jese and Mane either side of Sturridge.  The level of pure pace there would be terrifying for defenders.

Angry is the wrong word. I just find it odd that fans try and label supporters as plastic to defend capitalist businessman who will almost take out some 700 million when they sell up.

What £700m has been taken out? And name me a 'businessman' who isn't a capitalist? Even Ben & Jerry are bastards.

I'm defending FSG because I don't see the causation between them and a problem that stops us being successful. Being rich and spending lots of money on players doesn't equal successful, see Man City.

For the time we have been owned by fsg they haven't co existed.

Apparently this is our worse run of league positions under fsg since the 50s but profits and value of the club are sky rocketing.

It's an artificial bubble based on the proviso that billions in TV money will be in place forever. Clubs are given a 'value' as a result of this, and the inflated worth of players, but it's very rarely tested with a buyout to that amount. Rich people don't buy rich clubs, they buy second-rate clubs and try to catch-up.

Fsg bought us knowing the rules. Remember we can compete with anyone we want to be competing with Barca and Real Madrid etc.

To be fair to FSG they knew the rules better than the rule-makers, who seemed to forget their own rules when it came to FFP.

Now perhaps FSG saw it wasn't likely to happen and were happy to buy us anyway, but perhaps the FFP backtracking really did come as a massive blow.

I'm not the one who is backtracking or telling porkies.

No, that's UEFA.

Not heard one person on here say sign Pobga or Higuain for 75 million so not sure why the likes of you and jimmycase would bring that up.

Its almost like the argument has to be framed in such a way as disagree with anything with what the club are doing and you are...

Then what do you mean? Do you mean things like buy Rodriguez for £30m, or buy Yarmolenko for £28m? That type of thing?

Because I'm down with that way of thinking, but the thing is, Klopp might not necessarily agree. We've had money, and Klopp has identified the players he wants. Until he comes out and says he hasn't got the players he wanted, then I'm quite rationally going to err on this side of the fence.

You sound like my missus, just because you say something and I disagree with it doesn't mean I'm doing it to be contrary, for a laugh, to wind you up. It's because I genuinely think there's nothing to be alarmed about.

Back when we were looking to bring in new ownership back in the early 00s it was primarily to compete at the highest level. Then people were saying when fsg came in I don't care if they make a fortune as we are being successful.

Now its shut up and let the businessman cream their profits.

Very, very different time now mate. A millionaire could have bought a club in the early 00's, now it's billionaire territory.

It seems to have gone over your head that I indicated I didnt want the club to be the type of club that does spend silly money on higuain or pogba. 

I told my other half I'm loyal and wouldn't cheat even if Salma Hayek and Katie Perry wanted to drink tea. As this offer hasn't cropped up my statement of intent hasn't been tested.

If Suarez bites Messi or Neymar in training tommorow and barca want rid.

Suarez says I want Liverpool and Klopp I only left because I could have scored a 100 goals but with Rodgers we could never win.

Would you be disgusted and walk away from Liverpool if we paid him say 300k and a huge transfer?.

Even if Klopp were to fail for some reason, the Premier League is entering an era of unprecedented popularity and wealth. It's an incredibly attractive league for managers to come work in and we could probably get a manager with top pedigree to replace Klopp just based on that fact alone.

Klopp is a proven great manager but he has a very specific way of working and he seems like someone who believes in his methods so much that he wouldn't know what to do if things go wrong. That's just a hunch I have based on his finals record and the last season he had at Dortmund. So based on that, if he were to fail here, I don't think we'd be a "lost cause" or whatever, Klopp would have just gotten it wrong and we'd have to regroup but it's way to early to be thinking about stuff like that anyways and all signs are currently pointing towards Klopp winning us trophies in the future. 

We got extremely lucky that one of the best managers in the world was willing to come to us after having one season in the Champions league since 2010. That won't happen again with the way the game has gone. This doesn't work and it's probably curtains for FSG. 

Well the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

A man of means abducted two black kids and took them home to live with him.

No, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum.

See Denny, the Joao Mario thing would be shit, a waste of £35m, but I wouldn't go blaming FSG for it.

I've seen better central mids for a quarter of the price, I think he's another Aquilani, but the fault would lie with Klopp, not the owners.

It's like a mother blaming the bank for letting her son withdraw cash to get pissed.

That's a bit harsh, I haven't singled one person out, it's most of you.Ive proved Klopp has never signed a top player but there's no need to call those following his decisions with blind faith a spastic.

Klopp has never in his career signed a top marquee player.

He signs players and turns them into marquee players you know nothing fool.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

The LFC we knew ended when the fans forced a manger out for one bad season after he had done better than any other manager in the prem the season before.I said at the time no matter who the manager was I wouldn't want him sacked as it sets a precedent, if fans would turn so quickly on that man it's not going to be a surprise when they turn on the next manager if he doesn't deliver soon.

Yeah but the reason that manager had such a good season wasnt in any way down to him.

Suarez was signed by Kenny and neither was gerrard.

So you can praise Rodgers all you want but you are just a know nothing fool.

I told my other half I'm loyal and wouldn't cheat even if Salma Hayek and Katie Perry wanted to drink tea. As this offer hasn't cropped up my statement of intent hasn't been tested.

If Suarez bites Messi or Neymar in training tommorow and barca want rid.

Suarez says I want Liverpool and Klopp I only left because I could have scored a 100 goals but with Rodgers we could never win.

Would you be disgusted and walk away from Liverpool if we paid him say 300k and a huge transfer?.

Never in a million years would FSG sanction it. So pointless Hypothesis.

Klopp has never in his career signed a top marquee player.

He signs players and turns them into marquee players you know nothing fool.

This line gets thrown out all the time.   Klopp couldn't afford too at Dortmund nor Mainz.

Two teams with finances that relegation candidates in the premier league would dwarf this season.   So why would the seven richest club on the planet choose not to spend what the club earns when our squad is dismal in certain places?