You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Can anyone post Rachel Riley "joking" about it on here? Because I'd hate to call people liars without giving them the chance to support their claim first. 

Meanwhile, I won't be bumping old comments where certain folk advocated violence against Tories etc, unless anyone is going to deny that they did. 

I'll certainly be cheering if Grayling gets a boot tomorrow. The fact he made it to the weekend is fucking ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Can anyone post Rachel Riley "joking" about it on here? Because I'd hate to call people liars without giving them the chance to support their claim first.

Meanwhile, I won't be bumping old comments where certain folk advocated violence against Tories etc, unless anyone is going to deny that they did.

Here y'go.

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1102271526425055232

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That was the Tweet I saw too.

So not, in fact, joking about Corbyn being egged, but highlighting the hypocrisy of someone on the left - in this instance Owen Jones - who has advocated the egging of politicians of other flavours.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

That was the Tweet I saw too.

So not, in fact, joking about Corbyn being egged, but highlighting the hypocrisy of someone on the left - in this instance Owen Jones - who has advocated the egging of politicians of other flavours.

Well, yes, in fact, joking - unless you're saying she actually believes Corbyn is a Nazi, which would make her far stupider than anyone has ever suspected.

It's clear what she means. Alas, scumbags are too scummy to condemn it. 

She clearly says Owen Jones tweet is good advice. The advice he gives in that tweet is don't be a nazi and you won't get egged. She's clearly implying that Corbyn is a Nazi and therefore any assault on him was justified. 

She's not highlighting any hypocrisy. Her words are clear. 

25 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Well, yes, in fact, joking - unless you're saying she actually believes Corbyn is a Nazi, which would make her far stupider than anyone has ever suspected.

She wasn't saying Corbyn was a Nazi, and just in case anyone was inclined to misread it that way, it was later clarified that she was talking about Jones's hypocrisy, and that it's wrong to egg anyone. 

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

She wasn't saying Corbyn was a Nazi, and just in case anyone was inclined to misread it that way, it was later clarified that she was talking about Jones's hypocrisy, and that it's wrong to egg anyone. 

Go away ya bad beaut 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Is Jones is "a hypocrite" for believing that members of legitimate, democratic parties (whether you agree with them or not) should be treated with respect, but Nazis should be vilified, shunned and stopped, by all means necessary?

It's pretty fucking obvious that she's drawing parallels, at least, between Corbyn and Nazis; otherwise, any claims of "hypocrisy" don't stand up.  (Nazis are categorically different from democratic parties, so there's no fundamental reason why they should be accorded the same respect.)  There's really no "misreading" about it.  She made a shit and tasteless joke and she got called out for it.  Whatever wriggly "clarifications" she may have tried to put forward later don't alter the fact that she dug out an old tweet about Nazis to have a laugh about Corbyn being assaulted.

• Upvote 1

I think Riley is just trolling. She knew her opponents would bite though and that she'll not be called out for it so she doesn't give a fuck. As for Jones, I wonder if he's happened to notice the one of the biggest and long running smear campaigns in the history of UK politics being waged against the party and leader he's supposed to be supporting yet?

Maybe he'll figure it out soon, or maybe he's too fearful of upsetting the Zionists that are unhappy with Corbyn not supporting the Zionist apartheid state of Israel's continually sickening acts against Palestinians. Tens of thousands of people up and down the country have probably accepted this bullshit for what it is for months on end now, but swathes of journos that are probably way more knowledgeable on politics in general than all but a tiny percentage of those that have accepted it, just haven't happened to notice yet!

If we had a balanced media that actually reported what the public needs to know about this would probably be unravelled and done with within the next few days. Total fucking farce that's now being given more media coverage almost every single day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Is Jones is "a hypocrite" for believing that members of legitimate, democratic parties (whether you agree with them or not) should be treated with respect, but Nazis should be vilified, shunned and stopped, by all means necessary?

He's a hypocrite for believing that it's okay to egg some people, and not okay to egg others. Whether they're "Nazis" or not is immaterial.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

He's a hypocrite for believing that it's okay to egg some people, and not okay to egg others. Whether they're "Nazis" or not (and neither of them are) is immaterial.

Oh my word, the irony in that statement from you. 

Stop poaching 

30 minutes ago, moof said:

Jesus fucking Christ 

Just for once, are you going to offer an argument? As you clearly think violence against certain people is acceptable, let's hear your justification for it.

My position is that violence against anyone is unacceptable except when acting to prevent imminent harm to self or others. So let's hear why that's apparently wrong in your book.

• Downvote 1

Meanwhile in the US, Ilhan Omar is still having none of it :

First, she replied to a tweet from Rep. Nita, D-N.Y., who wrote that "lawmakers must be able to debate" without "prejudice or bigotry." 

"Our democracy is built on debate, Congresswoman! I should not be expected to have allegiance/pledge support to a foreign country in order to serve my country in Congress," Omar tweeted. 

"I am told everyday that I am anti-American if I am not pro-Israel. I find that to be problematic and I am not alone. I just happen to be willing to speak up on it and open myself to attacks," Omar wrote in another tweet. 

"My Americanness is questioned by the President and the @GOP on a daily basis, yet my colleagues remain silent," she added. "I know what it means to be American and no one will ever tell me otherwise."

"Being opposed to Netanyahu and the occupation is not the same as being anti-Semitic," she said, referencing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. "I am grateful to the many Jewish allies who have spoken out and said the same."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/03/ilhan-omar-accused-anti-semitic-remark-israel-criticism/3048379002/

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

He's a hypocrite for believing that it's okay to egg some people, and not okay to egg others. Whether they're "Nazis" or not is immaterial.

Ah, right, I forgot - you're OK with Nazis. Let them march and give them a platform; I mean, what's the worst that could happen?There are fine people on both sides, so they all should be treated equally.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Again, it's only hypocritical if you're too dense to spot the categorical difference between Nazis and democratic politicians.  On past form, I think you may be, so it's no surprise to see you giving credence to Riley's stupid trolling.