You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

7 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Laura Murray, who works for Corbyn seems to have deleted her Twitter account after libelling RR.  Not a good look for him is it?  

Deleting her Twitter account hasn't saved her, RR is suing for libel.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/rachel-riley-instructs-mark-lewis-to-pursue-libel-claim-against-corbyn-staffer-laura-murray-1.480971

In other news, I'm convinced that Rachel Riley is mentally ill. It's quite distressing to see. She's now defaming Laura Murray by falsely claiming that Murray called her "dangerous and stupid" for calling out antisemitism, when Murray did no such thing. 

I expect Murray will probably let Riley's slurs slide as she's not as litigious, nor does she revel in a sense of victimhood, unlike the Riley mentalist. 

Just now, moof said:

Fucking libel. What a frivolous cunt she is. 

It's astounding. Particularly the amount of misinformed mistruths that she publishes about people. However, nobody can be arsed suing her, because it's just Twitter and that. Her latest claim will surely fall short as a fair comment/honest opinion defence is available, considering that lots of people seem to agree with what Murray tweeted. 

Plus, very soon, the good at adding up version of Katie Hopkins will surely have no reputation that warrants protection. 

She's going to make herself ill, getting herself all worked up and into silly spats all the time. 

Fingers crossed... 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's astounding. Particularly the amount of misinformed mistruths that she publishes about people. However, nobody can be arsed suing her, because it's just Twitter and that. Her latest claim will surely fall short as a fair comment/honest opinion defence is available, considering that lots of people seem to agree with what Murray tweeted. 

Plus, very soon, the good at adding up version of Katie Hopkins will surely have no reputation that warrants protection. 

She's going to make herself ill, getting herself all worked up and into silly spats all the time. 

Fingers crossed... 

I’m sure she’ll take your advice.  Lovely to see you have her health front and foremost. 

You cant sue a man of straw, expect a full and frank apology from Murray and a commitment to go on training.  

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Didn’t she say that “Noam Chomsky promotes antisemitism”?

Yes, it was something like that.

I don't have a twitter account, so I only really see stuff posted on here, but she appears to be having some sort of very public breakdown. It's all really, really bizarre.

37 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Fingers crossed... 

Her M.O seems to be to post stuff on Twitter that she knows will get a rise (matron) then screenshots the abuse and cries the blues and/or sues.

Can't decide if it's unhinged or clever.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Her M.O seems to be to post stuff on Twitter that she knows will get a rise (matron) then screenshots the abuse and cries the blues and/or sues.

Can't decide if it's unhinged or clever.

She posts stuff that can only be seen by folllowing her or searching for it. Stupid cunts don’t like it they don’t have to read it. 

Some me of the abuse she’s had has been truly awful.  All because she’s dared call out abuse and believes your saviour isn’t as holy as you’d like to believe.  

Then, she’s accused of being a silly woman who’s not as clever as you lot.  That’s the hilarious bit, truly hilarious. 

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Last I read before this episode, she bullied a 14 year old girl with mental health problems, so she’s not as innocent as she seems.

You might want to be careful saying that.  That’s what she’s suing people for saying.  

I love the idea that we’re all supposed to wilt beneath her intellectual prowess. Like a maths degree gives you agency to spew bile on the internet and we all have to stand back and go, “well, if she can do sums she must be right about this too” 

• Upvote 1