Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 614 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

She always seem happy to allow the anti-Semitic hate campaign she received from Nazis to be conflated with the most spurious allegations against Labour Party members and their democratically elected leader.

I think she does get cut a lot of slack, but she takes the piss. There comes a time to say "enough is enough".

Looks like she’s staying then. 

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Just had an email to say the no confidence motions have been withdrawn.  Be interesting to see the reasoning why.

Old news!

I guess the wavertree CLP didn’t like being smeared as antisemites by mps, journalists and media commentariat. Does this mean constituents are only allowed to have no confidence in non-Jewish mps?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The mass outpouring of absolute bollocks to keep her on the gravy train today from all the usual suspects was embarrassing.  I’m still shocked they’ve caved though.  I think it would have been a landslide at a vote.

Tom Watson has called for the Wavertree CLP to be suspended for "bullying." 

There we have it. Being dissatisfied with your MP for constantly talking down the party and using the democratic processes available to you to voice said dissatisfaction now equals bullying. 

Sigh. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Maybe they didn’t want to work on a Friday? 

Any answer as to why you voted for Tessa when she asked for backing to see Brexit through in 2017 yet?

I’ll just put my feet up while I’m waiting...

Once again, Louise Ellman can't wait to get her grid on the local news. 

But, she STILL hasn't answered her constituents many requests for clarification regarding her alleged shock to hear about an event that it later transpired that she was actually at herself. 

Hopefully, she's next. 

It is a fucking joke.

So Watson thinks this is bullying to purely to stop someone from speaking out, but at the same time, when 4 members forwarded and supported two motions, you can justify calling for the suspension of an entire CLP to prevent bullying is true amazing.  

19 minutes ago, Sparticarse said:

Any answer as to why you voted for Tessa when she asked for backing to see Brexit through in 2017 yet?

I’ll just put my feet up while I’m waiting...

Why I voted for her? I couldn’t vote for her? What are you on about? 

27 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Once again, Louise Ellman can't wait to get her grid on the local news. 

But, she STILL hasn't answered her constituents many requests for clarification regarding her alleged shock to hear about an event that it later transpired that she was actually at herself. 

Hopefully, she's next. 

But another Labour MP in Liverpool, Louise Ellman, called it "an absolutely disgraceful episode" and said it was "very clear the attacks" on Ms Berger were down to anti-Semitism.

How is it clear the attacks are anti-Semitism ?  Is it because there is no evidence whatsoever of her slagging off the party leadership and stating openly she was not considering leaving the party to form another. 

Milne is boss. 

Who says Corbyn isn't learning  anything from New Labour then...

The influence of the Communist Party on New Labour has been neglected. One day it will be an important subject for a dissertation or PhD by a university graduate. It is not merely the case that a significant number of figures in the Government machine - John Reid, David Triesman, Peter Mandelson, Charlie Whelan to name a few - belonged to the Communist Party of Great Britain in all its King Street grandeur.

Many others - Stephen Byers and Alan Milburn among them - were connected in one way or another with the obscure sub-Marxist organisations that abounded in the 1970s, doing their best to tear down capitalism. Even those, like Jack Straw, who had no Marxist sympathies at all, were obliged to come to terms with communist methods and adversaries in the shadowy internecine struggles of the 1970s and 1980s. It is these methods - as opposed to the now despised Marxist dogma about ownership of the means of production - that have endured to influence the Blair Government. Millbank admittedly borrowed its technology - rebuttal units, the Excalibur computer etc - from the United States. But the obsessive secrecy, centralisation and intolerance of dissent which were such overwhelming characteristics of the Millbank operation reek of the CPGB.

David Triesman was a significant figure of the Euro-communist movement of the 1970s, an attempt to give communism a 'human face'. Thirty years on and he is attempting a comparable exercise with New Labour.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2002/aug/25/labour.tonyblair