You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

Losing 2-0 was an outstanding result. Terrific effort from his players. I'm sure he would have taken this result if he was offered it at the beginning of the tie.

"We've built them into a belief that if you work hard and you work with intensity, that'll give you confidence and you give yourself a better chance of winning. And when you are stuck, you can dig it out."

Certainly don't miss Brendan's bullshit assessments!

He's still getting to grips with cup football it seems. Getting us to the semis of both domestic cups in 2015 still represents the high point of Rodgers' management involving cup games. What's noticeable is that all the games end up being much closer than ought to be the case, even against so-called weaker opposition. I reckon if he was in charge when we played Havant & Waterlooville, we might have sneaked a draw and a replay.

• Upvote 1

He's still getting to grips with cup football it seems. Getting us to the semis of both domestic cups in 2015 still represents the high point of Rodgers' management involving cup games. What's noticeable is that all the games end up being much closer than ought to be the case, even against so-called weaker opposition. I reckon if he was in charge when we played Havant & Waterlooville, we might have sneaked a draw and a replay.

He'll enjoy getting to grips with some of the £25m his latest cup struggles have earned the club.

We needed Stevie's magic to beat Total Network Solutions.  These games aren't always routine.  

He'll enjoy getting to grips with some of the £25m his latest cup struggles have earned the club.

We needed Stevie's magic to beat Total Network Solutions.  These games aren't always routine.  

No cup game under Rodgers is routine though and that's my point. Given the standard of some of the opposition, at least a few of these games should have been a doddle.

Good luck to Rodgers. He fell short here and was rightly replaced, but I have no animosity against the fella. As for Celtic, I have a fondness for them. I remember when we bought Kenny, and I also remember back in the day when Celtic had a great team. They should win their league but I can't see them getting anywhere in Europe. Good luck to them anyway.

• Upvote 2