You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

I don't understand the hatred for Rodgers.  He came and gave it a go, spouted a bit of 1980's motivational claptrap, and left.  He didn't fuck the club over deliberately, and he hasn't bad mouthed anyone since he left.  

His last 12 months or so was pretty bad, and it was clear at the end of his last full season that he had to go, as he was never going to recover from that in the eyes of supporters or players, but he didn't stop trying his best.  

OK, he can make your arse pucker when he speaks, but we don't have to listen to it any more.  Let him crack on. 

• Upvote 2

Is it me or is JP making everyone want to hate/wish bad things on Brendan Rodgers?

No these cunts were already hating on him.

Appalling that the manager who delivered our best season in a generation is treated so badly.

Good luck gaffer and knock em dead in the Champions League

I don't understand the hatred for Rodgers. He came and gave it a go, spouted a bit of 1980's motivational claptrap, and left. He didn't fuck the club over deliberately, and he hasn't bad mouthed anyone since he left.

His last 12 months or so was pretty bad, and it was clear at the end of his last full season that he had to go, as he was never going to recover from that in the eyes of supporters or players, but he didn't stop trying his best.

OK, he can make your arse pucker when he speaks, but we don't have to listen to it any more. Let him crack on.

Breathtaking post. You've just articulated in a few paragraphs what I've been trying to say for the past few weeks. Spot on all of it. Well done

I don't understand the hatred for Rodgers. He came and gave it a go, spouted a bit of 1980's motivational claptrap, and left. He didn't fuck the club over deliberately, and he hasn't bad mouthed anyone since he left.

OK, he can make your arse pucker when he speaks, but we don't have to listen to it any more. Let him crack on.

None of us hate Rodgers but he wasn't taking the team forward when he was eventually moved on. We have moved on to a manager who looking at his past record is a better manager. But some ppl here criticize every decision of klopp and keep harping back to Rodgers, then it becomes an argument due to which the majority on klopp side bring up negatives of Rodgers which is giving you the impression that we absolutely despise Rodgers. Far from it though

• Upvote 2

None of us hate Rodgers but he wasn't taking the team forward when he was eventually moved on. We have moved on to a manager who looking at his past record is a better manager. But some ppl here criticize every decision of klopp and keep harping back to Rodgers, then it becomes an argument due to which the majority on klopp side bring up negatives of Rodgers which is giving you the impression that we absolutely despise Rodgers. Far from it though

We all hope Klopp can do better.  Well, almost all of us.  But he has two or three years in which to do it, otherwise we could be having this same discussion.  

I went from being impressed at his ability for man management and attacking football to disliking quite a lot about Rodgers - the snide criticism of players still on the books, his inability to win pressure games in the cups, the swift rejection of players that weren't 'his' transfers, the contract extension when he was deeply unhappy with the method of player recruitment, the champions league surrender, they were some.

I never liked his personality but I'd leave football well alone if I had to like everyone.

• Upvote 2

I went from being impressed at his ability for man management and attacking football to disliking quite a lot about Rodgers - the snide criticism of players still on the books, his inability to win pressure games in the cups, the swift rejection of players that weren't 'his' transfers, the contract extension when he was deeply unhappy with the method of player recruitment, the champions league surrender, they were some.

I never liked his personality but I'd leave football well alone if I had to like everyone.

that's true.  Those dislikes though - it's not the first or the last time we'll see those traits in a manager here.  Comes with the job with a lot of them. 

Appalling that the manager who delivered our best season in a generation is treated so badly.

Haha. You calling him "gaffer" is brilliant.

How long do generations last for you? I thought a generation was usually about 25 years? It is arguable that he delivered our best season when you look at the actual achievements of some of his predecessors since the turn of the millenium.

Fucking bollocks this. I don't hate Rodgers, I didn't hate Rodgers when he was here. I just hate you and your alter-ego(s) constant fawning over him, you and the rest of the personalities that rattle around that head of yours often belittle other managers in an attempt to reinforce your 'point'.

• Upvote 1

that's true.  Those dislikes though - it's not the first or the last time we'll see those traits in a manager here.  Comes with the job with a lot of them. 

Yes, not wrong. I think most of it stemmed from having the DoF model imposed on him after his bad start in the transfer market. I don't like FSG's approach to recruitment - well at least it's hard to get right with people who are anything but excellent - but at least Klopp is fully on board with it. 

If he fails I just can't imagine him pissing and whining to the press about who were the players he mainly wanted as I think he understands fully the way it works.

He didn't fuck the club over deliberately, and he hasn't bad mouthed anyone since he left.  

When's all this stuff going to come out about Rafa?  Carra and Stevie have left the club now.  When's all the dirt that you constantly referred to back then going to become public?  I'm getting bored of waiting for it.

The Celtic side have been well outclassed in America in this preseason tour - and will be again in Europe this year. They are just not very good.

Rodgers probably thought he was being clever and would be a hero at Celtic - the opposite is true. It is a lose - lose situation for him. If Celtic win the title it will have nothing to do with him, they win it every year anyway. If they do not win the title it will go down as one of the greatest fuck ups in recent footballng history.

They havent played in America. They were also by far the better side against Leicester and didnt get embarassed by Barca.

Does it hurt?

_88700550_rafaeurocup_getty.jpg

How could winning a European cup hurt you numpty?  We were all right behind Benitez then.  That was the high watermark of his time at Liverpool - and his career - right there.  A fantastic achievement.  What is your issue with someone respecting what was a fantastic achievement yet disliking their later dishonesty and the willingness to damage the club for selfish and childish reasons? 

• Upvote 1