You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre Season - Klopp preparing triple sessions.

aladdinsane

I think Steve Clarke is someone who was severely underrated for the role he played at this club.

He thought he could be a manager in his own right and fair play to him he had a crack. But as a defensive coach for us I believe he was one of the best we had in the kit bag.

Losing him when Rodgers came in was a massive blow. I think if he had stayed we would have got a lot more out of the "group" defensively instead of the ode to Chaplin we saw week in, week out.

It was this defensive frailty, general lack of knowledge and naivety in this area strategically and personnel wise which cost Rodgers.

Any top manager starts from the very back. Not rocket science. Stop the goals. At least you get a point for 0-0.

Clarke knew this but couldn't construct an attack. Rodgers could attack but couldn't organise a defence. Tale of two assistant managers.

Rodgers displayed all the attributes of the Peter principle with his treatment of Pascoe and Marsh. He insulated himself with people who were no threat to his position and expendable to him. Unprofessional and not manager worthy and not the Liverpool way dare I say it. The bootroom fucking each other over? Nah...

• Upvote 3

Steve Clarke has to be one of the most overrated coaches in the history of football. 

We conceded a whole 3 less goals the season that he was here as assistant to Kenny compared to the next season under Rodgers.  He then followed his one season at Liverpool by getting sacked by West Brom and Reading. 

• Upvote 1

Have I said I'm an expert about training before? I spoke about Ings and Sturridge training on days they wouldn't have under the previous manager, you don't have to be an expert to know it's less likely they would have got injured if they were relaxing at home.Plenty of footballers and ex managers have said Klopp may have had our players training too much when he came in as they were already match fit, I can see the logic in that.

Let's see do we see a difference next season because when Rodgers was here the fitness people were getting a lot of praise, I remember the main fitness guy saying Rodgers demands more out of the players than any manager he's worked with, he had worked at Chelsea under managers like Jose and Ancellotti.

No they weren't.

• Upvote 3

Steve Clarke has to be one of the most overrated coaches in the history of football.

We conceded a whole 3 less goals the season that he was here as assistant to Kenny compared to the next season under Rodgers. He then followed his one season at Liverpool by getting sacked by West Brom and Reading.

I disagree.

He has been a very good foil to a few managers,Kenny was one but he isnt really manager material in his own right.

I think the defensive element has been overcooked with him as I think he simply helped the team try to achieve more of a balance and seemed to have the respect of the players at the time. He was also very experienced at the top level and would have been good for the club but obviously viewed as a threat to Rodgers.

I think Steve Clarke is someone who was severely underrated for the role he played at this club.

He thought he could be a manager in his own right and fair play to him he had a crack. But as a defensive coach for us I believe he was one of the best we had in the kit bag.

Losing him when Rodgers came in was a massive blow. I think if he had stayed we would have got a lot more out of the "group" defensively instead of the ode to Chaplin we saw week in, week out.

It was this defensive frailty, general lack of knowledge and naivety in this area strategically and personnel wise which cost Rodgers.

Any top manager starts from the very back. Not rocket science. Stop the goals. At least you get a point for 0-0.

Clarke knew this but couldn't construct an attack. Rodgers could attack but couldn't organise a defence. Tale of two assistant managers.

Rodgers displayed all the attributes of the Peter principle with his treatment of Pascoe and Marsh. He insulated himself with people who were no threat to his position and expendable to him. Unprofessional and not manager worthy and not the Liverpool way dare I say it. The bootroom fucking each other over? Nah...

Good post that mate.

Firstly, it is not true that you are less likely to be injured if you are not training. Injuries tend to occur when training is not consistent.

Secondly, name those who declared our players match fit and in no need of extra training after our abject start tom the season?

Training was consistent and missing one day shouldn't affect a player that much.

I'm assuming they were match fit as they had played several games at that point and they had been training for 3 months, I remember Gerrard saying in the past you should judge players around mid October as that's when they are fully match fit.

As for those saying our fitness team wasn't getting praise they must be forgetting we went thought a season using about 13-15 players and were blitzing teams playing at a high tempo.

Liverpool's head of performance Glen Driscoll firmly believes manager Brendan Rodgers demands better performances from his players than the likes of Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Luiz Felipe Scolari do from their teams.

Driscoll spent eight years at Stamford Bridge working in a number of roles under seven different managers including the current Brazil, Real Madrid and Chelsea managers.

Having originally crossed paths with Rodgers at Reading and Chelsea, Driscoll followed the Northern Irishman to the Liberty Stadium and then to Anfield in 2011, where he has been at his side since.

And having worked alongside some of the biggest personalities in the modern game, Driscoll believes no one demands standards as high as the current Liverpool boss.

""We have a manager who inspires and demands more from his players than any other manager I've seen," Drsicoll said, speaking to Liverpool's official website.

"Tactically, he demands both a relentless, high energy press, but also an electric transition and counter attack. Most teams do one or the other."

Driscoll adds that the nature of training regimes at Melwood have Liverpool perfectly set up for a title run in where they will continue to excel physically in the final third of the season.

"The application of each player to fulfil their high energy and dynamic roles further improves their fitness and ability to achieve these physical peaks every game," Driscoll added.

"It has this cascade affect that Brendan Rodgers' teams seem to have. They get better and better as the season progresses.

"It starts with the mentality to comply with these demands, which in turn physically conditions the players to further excel. This bodes well for the run-in. We are in great condition."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpools-brendan-rodgers-demands-more-chelsea-real-madrid-managers-1438428

As I said Rodgers was supposedly demanding more than some of the top managers in Europe, I'll wait to see the evidence before I'll believe Klopp is doing more and that the players were not fit enough under Rodgers.

Take it to the Rodgers forum you boring cunt.

I'm replying to people who are talking about a subject, if you don't like it noones forcing you to read it.

As for me being boring, if you all want to just agree with each other you might aswell talk to yourself in the mirror, what I've said is facts and I've provided the proof.

As I said Rodgers was supposedly demanding more than some of the top managers in Europe, I'll wait to see the evidence before I'll believe Klopp is doing more and that the players were not fit enough under Rodgers.

His own "head of performance" said that? A completely unbiased and independent opinion there I'm sure.

His own "head of performance" said that? A completely unbiased and independent opinion there I'm sure.

I don't see anyone questioning what the players are saying about Klopp.This is nothing to do with defending Rodgers, everyone is saying Klopp will demand more and will have us fitter than ever.

Seeing as we supposedly were doing more than the top clubs in Europe already and we haven't seen a big difference so far this season I'll wait until next season to see if it's true about Klopp instead of just agreeing with those who think everything Klopp does is better than any other manager.

I'm replying to people who are talking about a subject, if you don't like it noones forcing you to read it.

As for me being boring, if you all want to just agree with each other you might aswell talk to yourself in the mirror, what I've said is facts and I've provided the proof.

Fuck off you tiresome, boring fucking twat. JUST. FUCK. OFF.

I keep seeing people on here saying they are going to block me, please do as I don't know what some of your problems is and I'm going to start blocking the looneys myself.

This is a thread discussing training and several people were talking about the differences before I even posted on here, I gave my opinion and backed it up with evidence and people are getting angry.

As I say if people just want to think Klopp is the best at everything and don't want it questioned then there's no point talking to other people about it, look elsewhere on the Internet and you will see people have more extreme views about things I'm getting criticised for.

I keep seeing people on here saying they are going to block me, please do as I don't know what some of your problems is and I'm going to start blocking the looneys myself.

This is a thread discussing training and several people were talking about the differences before I even posted on here, I gave my opinion and backed it up with evidence and people are getting angry.

As I say if people just want to think Klopp is the best at everything and don't want it questioned then there's no point talking to other people about it, look elsewhere on the Internet and you will see people have more extreme views about things I'm getting criticised for.

You ARE the fucking loony, normal people don't make up teenage children in an attempt to defend convicted criminals.

This is a thread about Klopps training. There's a specific Brendan Rodgers thread set up to deal with him where there's actually been a question put to you in it. Try posting in there. Nearly Every thread in the FF you post in gets derailed into taking about him.

Said it for some years nows, our players arent or rather havent been the fitest.

First reply in this thread, I'm trolling or being a cunt for giving my opinion though because I'm not saying Klopp is the best.

As I say people try to say I'm crazy but I think it's the other way around, people saying I'm making up lies makes me wonder what they get up to on the net.And if I'm a cunt then most on here need to take a look in the mirror as they were laying in to the last manager and were questioning him even during the season we challenged.

• Downvote 3

Fuck off Pennant you fucking mentalist,word is That fucking car salesman that you adore is going to manage Celtic,so fuck off and support them

I don't give a fuck about what Rodgers is doing, it seems most on here do as I saw a thread a few weeks ago where everyone was talking about him wearing a white suit.

Klopp is not God to me and I give him more leeway than I did with Rodgers when he first arrived, Rodgers won me over, Klopp as yet has not.

I'm comfortable with my mental state and am happy not to follow the crowd, people say I love Rodgers but Klopp needs to up his security with the way some are talking as its like they see him as the second coming.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't give a fuck about what Rodgers is doing, it seems most on here do as I saw a thread a few weeks ago where everyone was talking about him wearing a white suit.

Klopp is not God to me and I give him more leeway than I did with Rodgers when he first arrived, Rodgers won me over, Klopp as yet has not.

I'm comfortable with my mental state and am happy not to follow the crowd, people say I love Rodgers but Klopp needs to up his security with the way some are talking as its like they see him as the second coming.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/108710-brendan-rodgers/page-3