You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

Nothing wrong with changing socks. I'm sure I've seen Liverpool in the home kit, but with white socks, away at Portsmouth.

I'm glad there's some jobsworthiness at play as when teams change just socks say, to contrast with the other team, my brain spends the whole game trying to work out what's different.

Guest Pistonbroke

That Croatian trouble was planned, had a Croatian lad here all weekend who my Irish mate brought down with him from Hamburg and he was showing us Croatian social media websites before the game kicked off and they were all saying it was planned to kick off at the time it did, they have also said it is planned for the same time in their last game against Spain. 

I don't normally take much notice of the commentators / second man & basically try to ignore most of them, but that Pearce bloke has the most annoying whiney voice I have ever heard and ruins any game he commentates on for me.

His voice was perfect.

For robot wars.

That Croatian trouble was planned, had a Croatian lad here all weekend who my Irish mate brought down with him from Hamburg and he was showing us Croatian social media websites before the game kicked off and they were all saying it was planned to kick off at the time it did, they have also said it is planned for the same time in their last game against Spain.

Is it part of the protests against corruption at the Croatian FA?

Nothing wrong with changing socks. I'm sure I've seen Liverpool in the home kit, but with white socks, away at Portsmouth.

England V Argentina, Mexico '86. England wore white shirts with pale blue shorts and socks. John Barnes produced a superb cross from which Lineker found the back of the net.

Moussa Sissoko is such a shithouse. I thought he played great today and he can be fantastic when he wants to be but he only puts in the effort a handful of times every season. In the Premier League he only ups his game against the top sides to put himself in the shop window and then he reverts back into a lazy cunt right after. It's a shame as he can be a real threat when he's up for it.

England V Argentina, Mexico '86. England wore white shirts with pale blue shorts and socks. John Barnes produced a superb cross from which Lineker found the back of the net.

He did it twice. Unfortunately, the second time saw Lineker in the back of the net instead of the ball. The memory of my dad jumping up off the couch thinking he'd scored an equaliser has lived with me for 30 years!

Guest Pistonbroke

Is it part of the protests against corruption at the Croatian FA?

Yes mate, especially Mamic and Davor Suker who they want to stand down, they have done all sorts of things prior to this game to try and achieve this but Mamic has friends in very high places. This latest incident was planned by the Ultras to get the actual game abandoned in an attempt to get the team thrown out of the tournament. The fighting wasn't part of those plans, that was just other Croatian fans having got wind of those plans trying to stop them. 

He said the reason they are getting into the grounds despite the Croatian authorities warning the French is that it is French fans sympathising who are buying the tickets for them under anonymous names. 

He said these Ultras will not stop trying to achieve their aim of getting Mamic and Suker to stand down or kicked out of Croatian football. 

Guest Pistonbroke

He did it twice. Unfortunately, the second time saw Lineker in the back of the net instead of the ball. The memory of my dad jumping up off the couch thinking he'd scored an equaliser has lived with me for 30 years!

I was the same as your dad, along with about 30 other soldiers watching that game in the NAAFI.